Which companies ignore 'no cold caller' signs?

123457»

Comments

• Intelligent1
    Intelligent1 Posts: 98 Forumite
    edited 21 June 2014 at 8:48PM
    Jehovahs witnesses a couple of weeks ago so I lectured them for 20 mins that the bible was written all about Pregnancy, childbirth, postnatal depression and rejected fathers and thats why everything was in 40's:- 40 days and nights - wilderness; both old and new testaments - 40 years floods Noah and Arc etc. 40 days & nights etc correlates to 40 weeks human female gestation period. So it was probably written by one person or group of rejected fathers. - They kept trying to get away and I dont think they'll ever come back.:A:T:rotfl:

Then a worse scenario, today.
    St John's Ambulance.
    I pointed and described where No Cold Calling N eighbourhood Street Signs were.
    He insisted that charities were exempt so I shut the door saying I would be phoning police.
    He came back again an hour or so later so I asked to see and photographed his ID with my iphone and entered the number.
    That was twice he interrupted me when I was busy trying to deal with an issue on the phone.
    He then came back saying that he was unhappy that i had a photo of his ID badge.
    I slammed the doot again and phoned the police again who suggested I phone them.
    It was an 0845 number illegal since friday 13th and I can't phone any 08, 09 or premium numbers such as 101 because I have taken up the offer of capping my contract so I will not get any further large bills for out of allowance minutes.
    just emailled full details to St. Johns Ambulance.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We don't get a lot of cold callers but we do get quite a lot of the charity bags. We don't put anything in them as we take our unwanted good to the local Air Ambulance shop.

The bags do come in useful though for rubbish!
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My parents last week had two women wanting to know if they know of anyone who does sign language !!!!!!.
  • This issue of "Cold Calling" is a real problem in our area. The "No Cold Callers" sign seems to only make them more persistant and beligerent. "We're not 'cold calling' we're Canvassing / Surveying etc". Whatever, in my opinion they're still being a pain in the "you know where".

This evening my wife had to stop working in order to open the door to one such individual. When she politely stated "no thanks" the girl became very rude. This was (allegedly) Zenith Windows. In any case - we already have double-glazing !

Unfortunately such behaviour is all too common from cold callers in our experience. However, the Jehovah's Witnesses are the exception.

I do wonder if Cold Calling is such an issue in other countries. Particularly those nations where householders have easy access to firearms etc
  • our message is extremely important

To you, perhaps.

I'd like to add Safestyle UK, as they have knocked on our door for the fourth time in six months, despite the presence of a 'No Cold Callers' sign.
  • Living on the A21 and no paths/lights does have some advantages, no cold callers.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • We've got more signs than you can shake a stick at,even have police signs on the lamposts.
    But we can always expect unwanted visits from Life Comfort Ltd !
    Based in Peterborough,they send out sales-types to oap areas with a big grey catalogue "just to show you".
    It's commission for a foot in the door.
    I've had to face them out at home at least 6 times,"we're a family firm" they say,(so were the Krays),as though that makes it ok.
    Worst things since the power supply boys.
  • drjustice wrote: »
    I don't , I have a clear sign on my door ,they look at me in shock when I tell them to !!!! off and they try to tell me they are not cold calling ,Idiots.
    I give to two charities via my wage and have a sign as I do not won't to be disturbed they deserve all they get if they are stupid enough to knock on a door telling them not to .

I totally agree. Most of the charities that have come here are looking for a direct debit from me, not a pound coin. I am NOT giving out my bank account details to a total stranger who's turned up on my doorstep unnannounced, I don't care how worthy they think the charity is.

To me "no cold callers" means I don't want unnanounced disturbance. Ever. And that means sales people, charities, surveys etc. Without the sign I used to have someone at the door for something nearly everyday and it's a real hassle.
  • I don't really consider betterware and Avon cold callers it's not like they try and pressure sell just poke the catalogue in and it's up to you if you look at it.

Same. If they just stick something through the letter box that doesn't irritate me like an unexpected ringing of my bell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure