Orange and NHS Discount

mmctear
mmctear Posts: 26 Forumite
Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has received this discount?

I'm in my upgrade period with orange and I was recently told that as my mum works for the NHS I can get 25% off the tarrifs. Does anybody know if this is just an instore promotion or can you do it over the retention phoneline?

Is it a bit greedy wanting my mums discount and to negotiate a good deal?

Thanks for any input on this guys :j

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    In store and (I think) only in the name of the NHS employee. You have to take a current payslip in to prove you're NHS, and I think the acc has to be opened in the name of the employee. It's not like a 'friends and family' thing.
  • you can get up to five people with this deal. all you do is take your nhs payslip into orange store then they will sort it out for you. plus it doesnt have to be in your name the person u are getting it for can get in there name.
  • Jon_01
    The offer closes in August, I don't have a date but I'd think at the end of the month.
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A family member was going to take up this 25% off deal but he was told that because its only given in store and not online that it works out about the same because orange give better deals online. He then decided not to take it up and took the deal offered over the phone.

Is this right? or would they have been trying to get him to take the deal over the phone rather than go into a store to get the 25% discount?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • Jon_01
    If it was a retention offer then, most likely he got a better deal.

If it was a new contract, depends on what offers they were doing at the time.

The store and the guys you talk to on the phones are run as separate company's and have their own offers. All you can do is check what the same phone/term is in store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure