Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Phil_rich
    Asset rich income poor..
    • 23rd Jul 12, 9:51 PM
    Asset rich income poor.. 23rd Jul 12 at 9:51 PM
    Evening,

A difficult question which I need some help with please.
    What would be the best route to go down for raising capital for someone who is asset rich and income relatively poor.

Situation is, a property worth circa 750k plus a seperate stable yard/land worth 200k. The 750k has a 250k mortgage but the yard is debt free. Income is circa 60k per annum.

Without selling an asset what would be the best way to raise some funds against either of these properties? How many income multiples will the banks go to? will they considder the LTV? could a seperate mortgage be obtained against the yard? Looking to raise 100k+

Thanks for any help.
    --- Fat club weight loss -- Started 10th April 2015
    Update: 28.4.15 - 8lbs
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

1,135Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin