Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,942 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Last night flight from Billund to Stansted arrived 4 hours late. No explanation offered by crew or by ground staff at Billund. Ryanair website said delay due to ATC. Do I just accept that ATC delay means no compensation?

(I was given a food voucher worth about £2.50 at Billund.)
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    silvercar wrote: »
    Do I just accept that ATC delay means no compensation?

Entirely depends whether you want to do some research to see if all flights were affected. Read the FAQs to find out how to get flight information.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,942 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    David_e wrote: »
    Entirely depends whether you want to do some research to see if all flights were affected. Read the FAQs to find out how to get flight information.

Was possibly the only flight out of Billund effected. The incoming flight was delayed, practically this has to be the reason for the delay but the FAQs says this may make a claim difficult.

Although the airline has just blamed ATC, we know the motorway to Stansted was closed for hours before the flight due to an accident, so it could have been failure of key crew to make the flight. But that would mean accusing Ryanair of saying it was ATC when it wasn't:eek: equally I suppose it could have been a shortage of ATC staff at Stansted.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • SueDerbyshire
    SueDerbyshire Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

After sending all relevant documents to Sheffield Combined Court on the 23rd June to take Ryanair to court, I have heard nothing at all, not even confirmation of receipt from them. Is this normal? How long should I leave it before I chase this up please?

Thank you for your help.

Sue
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

After sending all relevant documents to Sheffield Combined Court on the 23rd June to take Ryanair to court, I have heard nothing at all, not even confirmation of receipt from them. Is this normal? How long should I leave it before I chase this up please?

Thank you for your help.

Sue

Sue,
    Yeah pretty much, the wheels of justice turn slowly I'm afraid.
    Give them a ring next week to ensure they have received your docs and that they are being processed.
    I presume you showed them the way regarding the ESCP?
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Sue,
    Yeah pretty much, the wheels of justice turn slowly I'm afraid.
    Give them a ring next week to ensure they have received your docs and that they are being processed.
    I presume you showed them the way regarding the ESCP?

Hi, thank you once again for your help. Yes, I sent a copy of the regulations, court fees list and quoted all the information you gave me ( thank you once again for that).

I was just a little worried that they might not have received it, I don't expect any court action for a while, especially due to all the stay's at the moment. I shall just sit back and relax.

I will of course keep you informed of any development.

Thank you.

Sue
  • Finally, I heard from the court today. The call was just to say I hadn't enclosed a cheque for the court fee and when they receive a cheque they will process it. Just thought I would remind every one whom are about to claim against their airline, don't forget to attach your payment.

I had phoned the court as previously mentioned and was told if I had put my bank details on the form the court would take the payment from that, I should have known this was wrong because the court also told me I would need to pay over £200 fees instead of £70 grrrrr.

Anyway, that has delayed it further but at least I know they have received it and it will soon be processed. Fingers crossed it will all be worth it. Wish me luck!

Sue
  • Afia2k8
    Afia2k8 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can somebody help me find a way to contact Ryanair please? No one cares to look at my claim for a refund due to a flight delay over 3 hours from Paris to Barcelona in September 2012 for 4 passengers. I've already have everything in a word document with all the receipts and boarding passes.

I tried doing the online claim form, but the flight reservation number came as invalid since it's been over 9 months. I've tried calling them, been put on hold for ages. I tried emailing Contact Us, was given an automatic response back to FAQ on their page, which I can't fill due to the system error. I've tried the online contact form, again the fflight reservation came up as error. Live chat told me to email special assistance, no reply over a week now. I've tried twitter, they said wait for a reply... I'm pretty stumped on who else can I contact now. Should I just go straight to CAA as this is just annoying...

I am pretty sure it's easier to contact the Queen for goodness sakes...

Thank you in advance.
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Afia2k8 wrote: »
    Can somebody help me find a way to contact Ryanair please? No one cares to look at my claim for a refund due to a flight delay over 3 hours from Paris to Barcelona in September 2012 for 4 passengers. I've already have everything in a word document with all the receipts and boarding passes.

I tried doing the online claim form, but the flight reservation number came as invalid since it's been over 9 months. I've tried calling them, been put on hold for ages. I tried emailing Contact Us, was given an automatic response back to FAQ on their page, which I can't fill due to the system error. I've tried the online contact form, again the fflight reservation came up as error. Live chat told me to email special assistance, no reply over a week now. I've tried twitter, they said wait for a reply... I'm pretty stumped on who else can I contact now. Should I just go straight to CAA as this is just annoying...

Thank you in advance.

Go straight to my post 622, which is also linked on page 1 of this thread in the FAQ's, all the detail you need is there.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Afia2k8 wrote: »
    Should I just go straight to CAA as this is just annoying...

Don't waste your time with the CAA just look at the posts on this Page from the good Doctor and you will know which way to go.

Contacting the Monarch is no easier .... I assure you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback