Online Outlet Shopping Discussion

Comments

• lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Junction 32 just off the M62 at Castleford/ Glasshoughton always worth a visit if you are in the area. The Freeport outlet at Hornsea is also good. We love a bargain in Yorkshire!
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,325
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    To get down with the kids Bicester now has SuperDry, G Star Raw and Miss Sixty / Energise outlets. :beer:
  • TeegansNan
    TeegansNan Posts: 304
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Per Una factory shop:
    Trafford Knitwear, 35 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY. 01455 614144.
    Open most Fridays(10am-4pm), and alternate Saturdays(9am-1pm) This is a Saturday week!!!:j
    Must stop spending . . . must stop spending . . .
  • TeegansNan wrote: »
    Per Una factory shop:
    Trafford Knitwear, 35 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY. 01455 614144.
    Open most Fridays(10am-4pm), and alternate Saturdays(9am-1pm) This is a Saturday week!!!:j

What sort of discount do they do on retail price? not due any clothes at moment but may be worth a trip if bargains to be had!
  • ashpole
    ashpole Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Apple has a UK outlet store, well technically a refurbished items store, with good pricing and warranty.

It's here:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/

Mike
  • SurfBowlSC
    SurfBowlSC Posts: 459 Forumite
    I work for one of the companies that has a store at Bicester Village (as well as many other outlet villages in Europe).
    I would agree that the prices are high for the "labels" but you do get the quality to go with it.
    Additionally, with our store, you may get lucky and find an item that was in our Full Price stores a year ago and get it for a tenth of what it was selling for back then. There's nothing wrong with it, it just didn't sell out in Full Price and we still want to make some money on it.
  • TeegansNan
    TeegansNan Posts: 304
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    What sort of discount do they do on retail price? not due any clothes at moment but may be worth a trip if bargains to be had!
    Typically - jeans 12.50, t shirts 10.00, tops/blouses 10-12.50, cardis 12.50 (I think) I think the most expensive items are 12.50. they do coats and jackets, dresses too, not sure of their prices but great discount.
    Most are overmakes or trial runs - you are very unlucky if you get something with a fault. Enjoy :)
    Must stop spending . . . must stop spending . . .
  • alwaysonthego_2
    alwaysonthego_2 Posts: 8,471
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    lutzi1 wrote: »
    Junction 32 just off the M62 at Castleford/ Glasshoughton always worth a visit if you are in the area. The Freeport outlet at Hornsea is also good. We love a bargain in Yorkshire!
    I love Hornsea freeport, although it is small, my girls love the soft play area and I always visit the Thortons store, well it would be rude not to :o

I also like McArthur Glen near York, the next store is really good.
  • djboss
    djboss Posts: 63 Forumite
    This is the place to discuss:

Please click 'post reply' to suggest/discuss outlet stores. Thanks :)

]

Just to clarify, I assume you mean a discussion about online outlet stores, not an online discussion about outlet stores?
  • shoe*gal_2
    shoe*gal_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    I absolutely love Bicester but it can be hit and miss. I got a current season Mulberry bag for £400 (£200 off), some Paul Smith shoes for £60 (£120 off), a Paul Smith cardi for £29 and an Agent Provocateur bra for £10 all on different trips. Always try stuff on because it's a pain to return stuff when you live far away. Last time I was there was about a month ago and the prices were not so good. I only spent about £100 which is a first for me and that was mainly kids stuff from Ralph Lauren.

Cheshire Oaks was pretty good last month. I stocked up on bras at Elle Macpherson, got some new clothes in FC, a £9 pair of sandals in Kurt Geiger and a load of kids clothes in Gap. I didn't have much time so skipped Next and M&S. I am a sucker for outlets but probably spend a fortune on fuel getting there so save very little in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure