NST Muddy March Marathon

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Mothernerd - you can do an amazing amount of stuff. Fantastic lady!

Just what I was thinking,totally awesome:D:T however Cat some of the things you can do Mrs DIY are also amazing!

I do loads around the house and beyond. I think why not let someone else do some jobs? My OH is very good at sewing, kids projects for school, anything to do with art, bike maintenance, car maintenance, taking things to the loft, so I let him do all of that. If I wanted to learn I would. But for now...What is it my FIL says, ' don't keep a dog and bark yourself':rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    mrshubbard wrote: »
    We had a lovely anniversary :) Went to see a small, local theatre's "wow said the owl" ( aimed at 0-5 year olds) my little man loved it and crafted a paper owl after in the cafe. My mum came along and paid for brews. Then went to a bistro/bar/cafe/grocery shop nearby and had amazing burgers and chilli fries. £30 but it was our anniversary treat we'd budgeted for. We've just watched Fantasia 2000 which I bought before Xmas but we've only just got round to watching. Little man's now in bed.

My mum gave us £500 for our anniversary to spend on the house/garden which was a total surprise as we usually just get a card off them. We seem to be having good luck all over the place with money at the moment. We have enough left from money off the inlaws to do the top part but with this extra we can start on the planned child friendly bit of the garden ( I have it all planned in my head! It's like a chelsea flower show exhibit, I suspect the reality will be different :rotfl:)

Tomorrow we're going to the Trafford centre but I'm only spending birthday money I've got. Even then if I don't love it I'm not buying it :) The trick is going to be avoiding all the cafes.

I'm good at listening to and helping people. Also at picking things up,quickly and having a good memory. This helped me get a coaching role at work which is extra money each week.

I haven't tidied anything today but I'll tackle my bedside drawers tomorrow as they really need doing. I amass toiletries ( lots of gifts) and have no idea what's in there.

How amazing on the £500!!! Lovely surprise:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I will have to abandon my challenge as my dear brother passed away peacefully last night. Will be back next month
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Sending you hugs Toni'sfriend. Even if it was peaceful, it is still a lot to deal with. Take care x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • I will have to abandon my challenge as my dear brother passed away peacefully last night. Will be back next month
    So sorry for your loss x
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • So sorry to hear about your brother Toni'sfriend.
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm so sorry Tonisfriend, take care x
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    So sorry to hear your news, Tonisfriend x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So sorry for your loss Toni'sfriend, sending hugs x
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We had a lovely day yesterday, helped by the warm and sunny spring day.

DS and DH did Rugby training while I watched and then they spent the afternoon in the garden. I did a small shop for the coming week at aldi and DS and I did his maths homework and some reading practice. His reading is coming on so well.

I do wish DS loved reading as much as I did as a kid though (at 7 I had a reading age of 15) but he is more maths and science focussed I think.

It was nice to have a Sunday where I didn't feel stressed to get everything done before I ran out of weekend.

I haven't posted much but have been reading and will make an effort to post every day this week. :) I enjoyed everyone's posts on what skills they have; mine are decorating, baking (not that I do much of that now I am coeliac), cooking, putting together flat pack furniture and public speaking! I suppose I could make money from public speaking if I had anything interesting to talk about!:rotfl:

Budgets - Slightly over on food for last week (£11) but will pull this back this week

Use it or Lose It - Remembered to scan and submit my shopping this week to Shop and Scan and did a survey for extra points. I have also found a few things DH and I could sell and he is considering selling a jacket he bought Dec 15 he has worn about twice.

Health - no exercise this weekend (except some gardening) but have 2 classes booked for tonight and have started the day with an avocado and raspberry smoothie :)

I am grateful for:
    1. Beautiful spring weather
    2. DH doing the ironing
    3. Having more than enough
    4. Speaking to both my parents last night (live in different countries)
    5. DH and I sharing the same goals and vision of our future
    6. You lovely, like minded people on here
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts