IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Comprehensive Management Services Ltd - Paid fine, but still being chased

13»

Comments

• NV187
    NV187 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Depends if they've recently made the discount slightly more now than when your car was parked there.

I doubt it; the sign is quite old and no changes have been made since well before June.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You might want to masks mention of it (take photos to present as evidence). I don't think it's a showstopper though.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Nv187 wrote: »
    I have now received a 'Letter Before Claim' for the above, which I understand from reading various threads I need to respond to. Is this where I now write a 'debt denied' letter or The Practice Direction one?

How much depth do I need to go into in this whole process, seeing as I have already paid the initial fine?

The payment was deducted from my bank account by CMS Ltd in June, soon after I had posted it, which implies to me they accepted my payment and nothing further is due.

Thanks

Tell them the above, prove payment (attach proof) and require them to refund £5 as you see that the signs do not provide for £60 to be collected under the contract. Show them a picture of the sign showing £55 and state that if they do not refund the £5 and if they proceed to court this will be considered wholly unreasonable and vexatious and you will claim your full costs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NV187
    NV187 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Tell them the above, prove payment (attach proof) and require them to refund £5 as you see that the signs do not provide for £60 to be collected under the contract. Show them a picture of the sign showing £55 and state that if they do not refund the £5 and if they proceed to court this will be considered wholly unreasonable and vexatious and you will claim your full costs.

Many thanks for this. Would this be a standard letter or do I continue on the Part 18 request route?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You could combine the wording re 'debt is denied' but essentially a Part 18 request IS a letter, so send a letter saying what you want to say, with your evidence of payment, adding something like I suggested. Keep a copy of the letter and post it normal 1st class at a PO counter, asking for a free certificate of posting (NOT Recorded/not Special Delivery).

Keep that receipt stapled to your copy letter as proof of posting it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure