PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The "I Quit Sugar" (by any method) support thread

Comments

• missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    jk0 wrote: »
    You know weetabix & oatibix have quite a lot of sugar in them, don't you? I can't eat them any more, as I get loads of whiteys after eating hem.

They have some sugar in them but not a lot - they're both classed as low sugar cereals.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Me too tattycath. I bake a lot to feel my worth as a housewife but that means I dip into things I shouldn't even though I know it makes me poorly after a while.
  • fuddle
    I'm guessing it's a lot for someone who hasn't had sugar for 30 years. If they are making jko whiteout than it's a lot of sugar in his eyes.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    You know weetabix & oatibix have quite a lot of sugar in them, don't you? I can't eat them any more, as I get loads of whiteys after eating them.
    They don't have added sugar, that's the point.

In quitting out the Pure, White and Deadly stuff I realised I'd have to take in replacement carbohydrate in some form or the other, at least at first. All of it gets digested to simple sugars anyway, but is released into the system at a much slower rate than Lotus biscuits, for example. 2 cereal biscuits is not a massive carbohydrate load.

1st day of the thread, and we are straying into health territory already. That's not what this thread is for.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm crying with laughter reading internet definitions of 'whiteys'.

I meant white puss spots. :)
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    They don't have added sugar, that's the point.

Click on 'ingredients' tab: http://www.weetabix.co.uk/brands/weetabix/classic

BTW, croissants also have sugar added. Sorry about that. :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Click on 'ingredients' tab: http://www.weetabix.co.uk/brands/weetabix/classic

BTW, croissants also have sugar added. Sorry about that. :)
    But plenty of butter. And neither taste sweet.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • fuddle
    So funny! Well new shadow was right. Fancy me thinking you got all dizzy on sugar overload. I'm sure you set these things up ready for me to just walk in with my big mouth jko... ;)
  • fuddle
    Unfortunately health is very much linked to sugar and it's going to creep into subject I'm afraid, especially if I contribute.

My whole reason for wanting to cut out sugar is for my health so I'm not going to shy away from reporting that really. Sugar is addictive and effects many people's wellbeing in different ways.
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i use honey when i need to sweeten something plus its got anti bacterial properties
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family