Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I say *yes*, YES you ARE a garden designer! :j :D Excellent work :D

You're right, we have to do what we can. Mr Cheery is pretty good at such things actually - far better at relaxing and letting things go than me :rotfl: His attitude is that if we don't do it today, we can always do it tomorrow, or the day after - and he's usually right (with the odd exception of course).

Anyway, I am NOT helping myself spending the entire evening poking around on the internet! :eek: even if what I'm reading is cheerful and interesting :rotfl: No no NO!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Hmm.

Just got all overexcited with myself for actually READING Martin's weekly email :rotfl: Signed up for Meerkat Movies by buying a £2.03 (unnecessary) travel insurance policy - planning to get 2 for 1 cinema tickets for a year :money:

Couldn't download the app (my phone is too old) so logged in online to activate.

Except my 12 months is going from a house insurance policy I bought in January :rotfl: Didn't even occur to me to check :rotfl:

So that's £2.03 wasted on a needles insurance policy (unless I decide to go somewhere on whatever date I picked I suppose, which will undoubtedly cost me more than £2.03 :rotfl: )

Still, 7 months of 2 for 1 cinema tickets (on Tuesdays and Wednesdays...) for £2.03 is still a fair old bargain, even if I could have had it for free and been using it since January :rotfl:

I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere about reading your emails! :rotfl:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How do you check Cheery?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I just went to comparethemarket . com or whatever it is and logged in an then clicked on the meerkat movies thing.

Come to think of it i do vagelu remember getting an email about it previously...
  • starnac
    Options
    I just went to comparethemarket . com or whatever it is and logged in an then clicked on the meerkat movies thing.

Thanks Cheery but it doesn't seem that we have bought anything from them recently. Will have to look up that cheap travel insurance deal.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I just searched for one night, UK, about a month in advance, just me, no complications, came out at £2.03 :j Someone apparently got it for £1.37 but I figured for the sake of 67p I couldn't be bothered searching any longer :rotfl: :rotfl:

Feeling rather glum about the state of the house and how long everything's taking at the minute :o So I'm going to start keeping track of two things I've done each day to further the cause :D

So, for today....

(1) full day at work, thus continuing to qualify us for a mortgage :rotfl: :rotfl: (Yes, that DOES count, because if I felt I had to do two things on top of that I'd never do anything!) :rotfl:

(2) Er, oh dear, I don't seem to have done *anything* else to further the cause today! :o :rotfl:

Ok, two things starting tomorrow :D Doesn't matter how small, just has to make me feel like I'm doing something :D
  • starnac
    Options
    (2) you saved your future self quite a bit of money by signing up to meerkat movies

That's worth keeping track too. You'll need the extra pennies you'll save to pay for the west wing ;)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options

(except that actually cost me £2.03 more than it needed to and we'll probably never go the pictures on a Tuesday or a Wednesday anyway) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Today's two things done already:

(1) worked all day :D
    (2) arranged for friend to come and fix leak in the damn roof :j :j Hopefully coming roubd tomorrow or if not, will ring the end of next week - but at least i know where he lives so can chase if he doesn't!! :rotfl:

(also ate entire packet of biscuits which did NOT help but was entirely necessary...)

:o
  • starnac
    Options
    :j to getting roof fixed. Finger's crossed that they'll actually turn up although if it's a friend then it's pretty likely they will :T well done you.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Strongly suspect they won't turn up today with the amount of rain we're having! :eek: :rotfl:

Payday today :j :j Done some bank shuffling and YNABbing :j All very jolly. Didn't quite hit my £10k net worth :rotfl: but got to £9761 so with a bit of careful management we'll get there next month :j

Allocated £400 to getting roof and plastering done - no idea of cost but both reckon it can be done in half a day so shouldn't be much more than that. We'll see.

So just £100 going to Patchwork Fund this month (unless roof/plastering costs less). Still nice to be able to stick some in there.

Annual bills savings are stacking up nicely - £80 in car insurance, £72 in house insurance, £162 in car repairs/MOT. £306 in holiday fund and £301 in no quibble weekend fund - neither booked or on the horizon at the minute so they might get another couple of months to build up nicely :j

Now though, I've finished my tea so there's no more excuses - I'm off for an 8 mile run :eek: Yes, in the rain - I bought a baseball cap in Poundland the other day so I'm all set :D No excuses! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure