eBay Return

Options
13»

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    you need to read their rules, so yes they are banned unless you are permitted to sell them

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/tobacco.html

Did you read the thread? This has been covered and the OP is certain she/he is permitted.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am a qualified seller. I've had it confirmed by their CS.

She won the case and was told by eBay to return the items to me. She kept to her word and a week later, she hasn't sent them back so the case is now closed and I kept the money.

What a farce though.

Thanks for all your help folks.
    You say you are a private seller, so you wont be qualified to sell them, you have to complete a form and email or fax it to them with business documents and then they will give you approval or not.

Regardless what they say when you first joined.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    You say you are a private seller, so you wont be qualified to sell them, you have to complete a form and email or fax it to them with business documents and then they will give you approval or not.

Regardless what they say when you first joined.

I agree with your sentiments and as I said above, it was pointed out to the OP, but she/he seems convinced they are able to sell.

That aside, it's moot as the case was resolved and the buyer didn't return.

Hopefully the buyer won't think about Paypal and/or a chargeback.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, if buyer does try paypal then do the same as you did on ebay. Also, paypal do not charge the seller for the return postage so that woul dbe at buyer's expense.

I suspect they realised that seller was not supposed to be selling this and was expecting to be refunded in order to stay quiet, or else be told by ebay that the items were restricted and therefore a refund would be given without the need to return. Basically their bluff was called and they couldn't be bothered to continue.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The buyer kind of said from day one she wouldn't be returning and just wanted a refund.

She probably wanted the goods for free. It didn't work out for her I guess.

She can try PayPal. I don't mind. I thought you could only open one case, via eBay or PayPal?

Thanks for all your input folks.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    The buyer kind of said from day one she wouldn't be returning and just wanted a refund.

She probably wanted the goods for free. It didn't work out for her I guess.

She can try PayPal. I don't mind. I thought you could only open one case, via eBay or PayPal?

Thanks for all your input folks.

Sadly that changed some time ago. You can have an Ebay case and then a Paypal case. Paypal extended their timelines which gives a buyer 180 days from purchase date.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 June 2017 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Thanks again all.

With regards to the qualified thing, they confirmed it. I sold a lot of items when my Dad passed off as we found all kinds of stuff which we didn't know we had in the attic and the basement. After 100 sales, they asked me to upgrade or something.

Anyway, I'm not sure I want to sell on eBay anymore. The conversation I had with the manager at CS who more or less said "of course you can buy stuff, use it, claim it was not what it was, send it back and get a full cash refund" has given me the willies. Couldn't someone buy a pot of Creme De La Mer for £250, scoop most of it out, send an almost empty tub back, claim it wasn't what it was sold as, send it back, get all the money back and keep most of the cream? Isn't that just totally unfair for people who use eBay as a business? Unless business sellers get extra protection of some sort?
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks again all.

With regards to the qualified thing, they confirmed it. I sold a lot of items when my Dad passed off as we found all kinds of stuff which we didn't know we had in the attic and the basement.

when was this as they changed everything in 2016 and only business sellers can be approved, telling you something in live chat is not confirmation, you have to complete the form many have stated and linked too, this is the only way to get approved.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Thanks again all.

With regards to the qualified thing, they confirmed it. I sold a lot of items when my Dad passed off as we found all kinds of stuff which we didn't know we had in the attic and the basement. After 100 sales, they asked me to upgrade or something.

Anyway, I'm not sure I want to sell on eBay anymore. The conversation I had with the manager at CS who more or less said "of course you can buy stuff, use it, claim it was not what it was, send it back and get a full cash refund" has given me the willies. Couldn't someone buy a pot of Creme De La Mer for £250, scoop most of it out, send an almost empty tub back, claim it wasn't what it was sold as, send it back, get all the money back and keep most of the cream? Isn't that just totally unfair for people who use eBay as a business? Unless business sellers get extra protection of some sort?

As a business which has an eBay presence, it isn't an issue for us. We get no extra protection.
    when was this as they changed everything in 2016 and only business sellers can be approved, telling you something in live chat is not confirmation, you have to complete the form many have stated and linked too, this is the only way to get approved.

You are labouring a point that isn't relevant or are you only reading selected posts? The OP has sold, endured the case but retained the funds.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Why not start a new thread? You might get more responses if people know you're discussing a topic other than the one this thread was meant to cover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure