PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 10 January 2016

Comments

• cowboymum
    cowboymum Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all! Very wet and windy here this morning.

Got a quiet day today - church this morning with oldest son. DH is taking youngest son and friend to cinema this morning (cheap Sunday morning at cineworld), then a lazy afternoon. Got a large gammon joint to cook which I got half price at Christmas time, and should do for a couple more meals this week.

Realised I have only had one NSD so far in January - that's a bit rubbish. This week I will be spending on Monday and Tuesday to go to toddler groups, bus tickets etc. Perhaps if I allocate the money today and buy the bus ticket today I can get a NSD on Monday and Tuesday?! Feels a bit like cheating but psychologically it might help!

jlhmd666 - I have also been thinking about getting meat from muscle food. Need to do a bit of research on it.

Have a good day all.
  • CBM, not cheating at all, count any day when you don't spend money needlessly as a NSD.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 January 2016 at 10:23AM
    Morning all, am just about to jump (ok shuffle) into the shower and get ready to work. My service is doing a publicity stand in the city today and although it is not directly my job to staff it, I will do the morning as we do tend to find it hard to get people on a Sunday morning. Funny that.

Then off to meet a friend, and back here to cook a chicken dinner.

Up at 3 again, the skin below my eyes looks bruised from tiredness, that'll frighten off the public, we are not going to attract applicants this way. Might hunt about and see if I have anything to cover it with or I could wear the joke wig and beard I got DS for fun.

Shower time
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Late start to the day and have only just got back from walking the girls, my old lady was really mooching today and sniffing at every tree. It's dry and bright at the moment so let's hope it lasts.

Not much planned today as my DOH is off to the football at lunch time with his eldest, we had the roast chicken last night so will just have some cold today and make them a pack-up too.
    Took Bill for a long walk yesterday so will give him a day in the field and just chill, really want to finish my book as have two waiting in the sidelines.

Anyways, better get a wriggle on as the Archers start in just over 10 and need some brekkie, have a good day all.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 January 2016 at 2:28PM
    Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

It's a bright morning, OH says it's very cold out. Not a good night for me, ended up making tea and reading. This is when I miss the single bed, I used to be able to go in and read if I could not sleep.

OH let me sleep in just had my breakfast, will get up shortly. No real plans, apart from sorting out my sewing room and putting the strips etc I used for the mats back in the box in some sort of order.

We got more green slate for this side of the bungalow, we might sort that out later.

Roast pork and veggies for supper. We have stopped having a dessert except on Sunday, so going to make a small bread and butter pudding for tonight.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh dear, is it bad that I struggle to lift a 3lb bag of flour these days, let alone sacks of spuds etc?:( And I certainly couldn't whisk egg whites by hand now.:(

Been to T£sco this morning, and it's pretty much wiped me out; still, that's our supplies restocked; it was necessary, or believe me, I wouldn't have gone!

Mr LW is currently ironing his shirts and trousers for next week for work; and he's put a DVD on for background noise because my tinnitus is driving me mental.

I need to make a cake for his lunchbox later - cherry & coconut I think, I haven't done one of those for a while, and I know he likes it.
    I'll time it so that I can cook it after the veggie toad-in-the-hole which is to be our dins tonight, so it can go in while the oven's still hot.

Jessie Labrador will be arriving tomorrow morning; she's only staying one night this time, but it'll be lovely to see her.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon everyone.

A late one from me though I've been up and active since early doors. Yesterday I had a really lazy day so now I'm raring to go.

Today is OHs birthday so we had a long chat on the phone. He wants to see this project through so is away most of the time. I like it this way!

It's pouring down outside though no wind which is good, mist is coming in over the sea and Jura has disappeared again. It's also fairly cold but I've wrapped up well and moving about too much to put the heating on. Already I've cleared out two cupboards and got huge amounts for the tip again. Just silly!

Food last week came mainly from the freezer, apart from fruit and veg, so I'm really pleased with myself. More will be used up this week as some has been there for about 18 months now, there's four joints of venison which I have to deal with and keep putting off.

I've cleared up the coffee table by the living room chair which had become a dumping ground for odds and sodds, most of which are now in the bin. There was a small collection of used contact lenses which I take out each night and put in a little saucer. Must start heading for the bin immediately instead.

This month I have two excursions planned, part of my 2016 plan is to go somewhere new or do something new at least once a month if not twice. It ties in with the making a 'new' meal at least once a month. Unfortunately the two excursions are in the same week which means I'm to-ing and fro-ing a bit. As long as the weather is kind then I'll be fine.

Mum has rung to tell me it's snowing in Glasgow, it's too wet for it to lie but it's big white fluffy stuff nonethless. Winter is definitely here.

Right, off to do more little chores of endless pleasure.

Hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful Sunday.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite

RR - hope things improve for you, how are DDs feet?

Have a good Sunday, take care. XX

Hi Hun, and thanks OH has been told in no uncertain terms that this is a last chance scenario, he is going to get some help and if it happens again then he is off !! I just cant live like that ! DD's feet are on the mend she went to work last Thurs / Fri and can stand on them now as long as she doesn't walk too far ! How is your dd getting on with the job hunting ? xx

Morning all,

Very lazy day here, its pouring with rain on and off so I have not even been out of the house ! stripped the bed and washed that, its in the TD at the moment, spent most of the morning on the sofa :o I really feel the need for a lazy day.

Not even sure what's for dinner, think it might be a help yourself to whatever you fancy !

Right off to read some of my book !

Have good afternoons all xx
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yesterday pretty quiet, thank heavens. Lunch provided by friend and we went through some choreography for choir. Napped when I got home, then went for nice dinner at tapas restaurant in the village. So nice not having to cook. Don't normally mind, but I'm tired at the moment.

Hub seems to have fixed the heating for now with a part from Screwfix.

I got him to take me to Aldi first thing this morning. Well 10am! Got some of the bulky/heavy items. Loads of veg. Our new Sunday 2 meal regime is now brunch and dinner, so did egg and bacon today after I had unpacked the shopping. Last week was smoked haddock and poached egg.

Laundry is on. Going to try and get clear downstairs and spruced up ahead of another week of hospital visits.

Got plenty of work to do, a customer turned up Friday ngiht with 17 items for me to sort out!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Purpleivy I hope your MIL is doing Ok. I had 5 weeks (25 sessions) of radiotherapy and towards the end I was quite tired, and unfortunately badly burned.

It isn't just the therapy, it also the travelling and having to make yourself ready each day, when sometimes all you want is to slob around in your PJs.

I send my very best wishes to her

Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family