BRITANNIA MUSIC CLUB

Comments

• COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for any support.

Any info would be welcome.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • rossy_2
    rossy_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    sorry but dont have any proper hard stuff on the brats!
  • Hello,

I had huge problems with this company, and every month they would send me their recording of the month (despite the fact that I'd cancelled it on thier website).

To get round the problem I did the following : (and I can guarantee that this works)

I Wrote them a letter informing them that I was tired of cancelling their recording of the month, then receiving it in the post. So in future, I was not going to cancel them as I had no confidence in their systems. However, if they were still to send me any recordings, I would gratefully accepts them as a free gift.

Guess What ? I didn't receive a single recording from them after this.

Jonny
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hey,

I have had many problems with them 2, the thing is that you dont actually realise how bad they are till you are in it. Then u realise that every other shop under the sun is at least 50%cheaper... So when a DVD is released that you want, you go elsewhere and never buy all 6 DVDs from them !! I got the lord of the rings 3 through the door this morning, logged on to my account and apparently I should have also recieved another DVD about a month back.... BUt I didn't. Because you dont have to sign for these DVD's I was thinking that surely they have NO proof that you actually recieved the goods.... So in theory you could just keep the goods and deny all knowledge.....

That might get them to stop sending out "recommended" crap !!

I am going to have to explain that I never recieved this DVD that I never got and get them to clear that from my account..... surely you could do that for all goods recieved ????

Anyway, they are Grade A losers, the people when u get them on the phone dont talk english, are rude and are a complete waste of time! I seem to have there collections agency letter coming through my letter box every morning !! :-/ :'( :P ;D
  • COS
    If everyone put the DVD back in the post box with out opening it and in effect not accept delivery because you hav'nt signed for it, BM may ask for a signiture to ensure futhure delivery has been made, at which point you don't sign , the parcels return costing BM more money and then they might change their policy. Sorry long winded I know.

I have mentioned before that BM have a sister company of which is same as what BM do now but, with out the hassle of monthly recordings being sent, so they say. You will receive an invite once you cancel your subs with BM. At this point the great gaurdian angel https://www.cdwow.com should come to your rescue. ;) and save you at least 30% and free postage.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
  • Have just come across this site, very helpful.

I too am having problems with Britannia. Like most people, or fools!!, I took them up on the introductory offer of 5 or 6 CD's fotr the price of one or whatever,
    and have since not purchased anything because there was nothing there of interest to me.

I am now being threatened with legal action, they have passed everything over to a Dept Collecting Agency, who have just informed me they intend ti instigate legal proceedings.

What do I do, do I call their bluff or pay them the £90-00 they are demanding from me?. I am loathe to give into these bullies, but how far are they really going to pursue this.

Any imformation or advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you
  • COS
    You entered in to a contract with them by accepting their T and C's.

The only way I could get away from them is buy the cheapest DVD's on offer of which were still classed as regular recordings, an offer of which is very rare with BM although the movies turned out to be quite good for £7.99.

I cut my losses and joined several internet rental companies and see lots of freebies and also use CDWOW the company that Brittania Music bad mouthed.

I can see Brittania Music losing lots of customers over the next 12 months due to their poor competitive nature and bad management/directorship, they totally deserve it after ripping off so many people with their high prices and postal charges.
  • COS
    By the way welcome to the site, tell all as it is a case the more the merrier the more the saver ;)
  • Papaumau
    Papaumau Posts: 71 Forumite
    They are like crocodiles....Once they have a hold of you they don't want to let go !

All of these book and CD clubs work under the same principle: They offer something stupendous up-front and then when you are on their data-base they will try ANYTHING not to lose your custom. Most sensible people here would say that if any company used these kinds of delaying tactics they should expect a bad rep' as a result and the poor PR that could kill-em off quick. Not so ! The trouble is that most people are so attracted to the free offers up-front that they are afterwards too lazy to see the sting that develops later on.

What music and videos and games that I don't aquire from the file-sharing sites I buy direct from the likes of CD-WOW where prices are keen, P&P is free and delivery by airmail is usually within three days from Hong Kong to the UK.

NB...I do not work for CD-WOW !

I am just one of their very satisfied customers.
  • Thanks for replies to my post (stevep, reply#26).

Could someone let me know however, what is likely to happen if I refuse to pay them the money they are demanding, for presumably, breach of contract.

Are they going to come and cart me off to prison, or send the bailiffs in! I do feel very strongly about this and am reluctant to concede defeat. Also, have I any rights, could I not argue in a Court of Law that the CDs I was supposed to purchase were not representitive of my taste, that the selection was too limited etc.

What is the worse that could happen if I just ignore them.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family