Asda Leg of Lamb

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    iv had chicken from asda that has been moldy...green and honking...horrible
    onwards and upwards
  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    iv had chicken from asda that has been moldy...green and honking...horrible

maybe theyre trying to colour code it to their logo?
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    deanos wrote: »
    The lamb we got was half price local butchers cant get close when they have there offers on meat like that at the supermarkets.

Apart from when the have offers on we buy from the butchers, luckily around here we are spoilt for choice there are quite a few decent butchers locally :j

Im off tomorrow to get some Lincolnshire Red steak from one of the farm butchers :j

Same here,we have two excellent butchers in the town as well as another couple of ones in the next town over,plus the are 3 farm shops in a 6 mile radius of my home that rear,butcher & sell their own meat & poultry.

Ironically,fish on the other hand,is a different matterThe is only one fishmonger within 30 miles of my home!Considering I live a stones throw from the Irish Sea,you'd think the'd be more...:(
  • Wow, I got 3 *, when did that happen :j:T:p
    It is not illegal to open another persons mail unless you intend to commit fraud - this is frequently incorrectly posted:)
    I live in my head - I find it's safer there:p
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    frozen half legs at Lidl are delicious, nicer than any Butcher/supermarket meat Ive ever had. Its also incredibly cheap.
  • calistared
    calistared Posts: 48 Forumite
    They had run out at our local store so I went to the local butcher instead :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound like a food snob but I never buy any meat from Supermarkets apart from meat for sarnies.
    I prefer to buy mine from my butchers in my town.Much better service,I can see the meat before I buy it as opposed to it being wrapped in polystrene & film,which make the meat sweat.
    It's also more traceable with less food miles,properly hung if required & for Christmas,I get my duck & pheasant from there too.
    I also find it cheaper buying from my butcher too,

I used to buy my meat from butchers as well but more and more local butchers seem to have poor standards of hygiene on the premises. My local butchers was closed because of a rat problem and i've heard similar stories about other butchers in the area. I've therefore gone to supermarkets as they tend to have better standards of hygiene and cleanliness!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    deanos wrote: »
    Our Lamb from Sainsburys smelled funny, tasted ok tho

Was it the vacuum packed half price one?

These are best opened a good 15 mins before cooking, the smell is a result of the packaging and soon disappears.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    IMHO cheap shouldn't be a reason to buy food. Genetic modifying, using corn to feed herbivores, factory farming, and poor factory working conditions aren't money saving :)

Besides Free Range happy lambs taste delicious with mint sauce ;)
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    goater78 wrote: »
    I used to buy my meat from butchers as well but more and more local butchers seem to have poor standards of hygiene on the premises. My local butchers was closed because of a rat problem and i've heard similar stories about other butchers in the area. I've therefore gone to supermarkets as they tend to have better standards of hygiene and cleanliness!

Whanna bet! The way a large supermarket I worked for last year keeps it's frozen & chilled produce leaves a lot to be desired!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure