Clydesdale Maestro ATM charges abroad

Hi

Does anyone know what Clydesdale Bank charge to withdraw from ATM's abroad? I am trying to work out the best option for going to Paris at the weekend. Thomas Cook do a pre paid card, but charge €2 for every transaction, no matter how much you withdraw, and have an exchange rate of £1 = €1.0771.

Regards
Martin

Comments

• Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    From the bank's website:

http://www.cbonline.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/debit-card/

You can make purchases both in the UK and abroad† with an international purchase limit of up to £1,500 a day*. Just use your card anywhere you see the Maestro logo (for Maestro cards) or the MasterCard logo (for Debit MasterCards).
    You can withdraw up to £350 a day if you hold a Maestro card, or £500 a day if you hold a Debit MasterCard*, in cash withdrawals - and not just from ATMs†. Many shops now offer free ‘Purchase with CashBack so that you can include up to £100 CashBack each time you shop.

*Subject to available funds. While we do not charge for this service, other providers may do so. An ATM may be temporarily unavailable due to periods of routine maintenance.

†Transaction charges apply when you use your debit card abroad. Details of the charges which apply are provided in the Tariff Guide for the account on which your card is issued.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I would imagine they use the standard 2.75% exchange rate loading in addition to any fee

Probably still marginally cheaper than the Thos Cook card
  • bigmaz
    bigmaz Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Incapuppy wrote: »
    From the bank's website:

http://www.cbonline.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/debit-card/

You can make purchases both in the UK and abroad† with an international purchase limit of up to £1,500 a day*. Just use your card anywhere you see the Maestro logo (for Maestro cards) or the MasterCard logo (for Debit MasterCards).
    You can withdraw up to £350 a day if you hold a Maestro card, or £500 a day if you hold a Debit MasterCard*, in cash withdrawals - and not just from ATMs†. Many shops now offer free ‘Purchase with CashBack so that you can include up to £100 CashBack each time you shop.

*Subject to available funds. While we do not charge for this service, other providers may do so. An ATM may be temporarily unavailable due to periods of routine maintenance.

†Transaction charges apply when you use your debit card abroad. Details of the charges which apply are provided in the Tariff Guide for the account on which your card is issued.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it does not answer my original question about charges, i know i can withdraw money with my card using ATM's, i need to know how much i will be charged..
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    bigmaz wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it does not answer my original question about charges, i know i can withdraw money with my card using ATM's, i need to know how much i will be charged..

Oh - I thought that my reply stated quite clearly that the information you seek about charges is either in your tariff guide or beyond Clydesdale Bank's control as the charges are levied locally.

Since I do not work for Clydesdale Bank may I suggest you pick up the phone and speak to someone who does?
  • bigmaz
    bigmaz Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lol, calm down, calm down. found my answer on another forum, thanks for trying tho :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure