Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Options

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    First thing first.... *subscribe* :D

Hello :hello:

I have nooooo need for any new clothes for a very long time! :o In the last couple of years, I've pretty much replaced my entire wardrobe!! All due to 3 reasons:
    1. my figure has changed rather a lot, I've gone down several sizes, and clothes actually fit me now :j
    2. I'm debt free and I can actually afford to buy clothes for the first time ever!
    3. OH is rather fussy about his clothes (if you met him in the street you'd probably think he was gay :eek::rotfl:) and I usually dress to match his style. eg. suit/dress, jeans&shirt/skinny jeans&heels, hoodie/hoodie :)

I asked on my diary what you were knitting but I've found the answer!! :)

Good luck with losing your debt and some weight :D Well done so far! ;)
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    First thing first.... *subscribe* :D

Hello :hello:

I have nooooo need for any new clothes for a very long time! :o In the last couple of years, I've pretty much replaced my entire wardrobe!! All due to 3 reasons:
    1. my figure has changed rather a lot, I've gone down several sizes, and clothes actually fit me now :j
    2. I'm debt free and I can actually afford to buy clothes for the first time ever!
    3. OH is rather fussy about his clothes (if you met him in the street you'd probably think he was gay :eek::rotfl:) and I usually dress to match his style. eg. suit/dress, jeans&shirt/skinny jeans&heels, hoodie/hoodie :)

I asked on my diary what you were knitting but I've found the answer!! :)

Good luck with losing your debt and some weight :D Well done so far! ;)

Oooh thank you for reading my diary HAW - I used to be smartly turned out but since I am home alone most of the time I tend to be in yoga pants/t-shirts, with jeans and t-shirts/sweaters for going to the pub (oh and I have one nice pair of trousers and a couple of evening tops for the rare trip out to a nice restaurant ;))
    Must use my stash up!
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Hi again Knit Witch.
    I'm glad the knitting is helping with the diet, just hope you can stick to the yarn diet too. I'm half way through a pair of fab socks, might have to join you in the finish before July challenge, if you don't mind?
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Okay so I don't knit, but I'm not going away! Going to hang around and ask yarn questions ;)

I do wear clothes so hopefully that qualifies me to stay subscribed. I used to be very smart too, now I garden for a living I live in jeans, wellies/trainers and shirts.
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    Hi again Knit Witch.
    I'm glad the knitting is helping with the diet, just hope you can stick to the yarn diet too. I'm half way through a pair of fab socks, might have to join you in the finish before July challenge, if you don't mind?

The more the merrier Katzen :D
    Piquant wrote: »
    Okay so I don't knit, but I'm not going away! Going to hang around and ask yarn questions ;)

I do wear clothes so hopefully that qualifies me to stay subscribed. I used to be very smart too, now I garden for a living I live in jeans, wellies/trainers and shirts.

Ask away, I am still fairly new to knitting but I am sure someone could help.

Jeans and trainers sound good to me :o

Oooh the £30 overpayment I made on my CC MORE than covered the interest for the month - so :beer::beer::beer: for that!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    The more the merrier Katzen :D

Oooh the £30 overpayment I made on my CC MORE than covered the interest for the month - so :beer::beer::beer: for that!

Now that's a good feeling! Well done you!
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Piquant wrote: »
    Now that's a good feeling! Well done you!

As you can tell I was rather happy :rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am going to have a fairly busy week this week, we go away mid July and I need to make plans, my cleaners didn't turn up last week :mad:, so I need to do the bits of cleaning I can (need Dr KW to do the vacuuming which will make him ill because of his dust allergy :mad: so it might be done Thursday evening before we go to the pub for the book club). I will try and get some damp dusting done tomorrow as well as the bathroom porcelain (shall we say!), I have to be careful as I can't stand for long.

I want to make another overpayment if I can (but I am getting a "re-spray" on my hair but that should only cost £20), my craft meeting only costs £1 tomorrow so that is a cheap afternoon (with yarn :j), if I am no longer paying for a cleaner (which is looking increasingly likely!) then the £55 I pay for that could be used for the CC/isme account. I need to decide which first! probably the isme as I want that one gone.

I will probably be needing people on here to keep me on track!
    Must use my stash up!
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Where are you off to, anywhere nice?

Scarf progress this week is another three pattern repeats (not that impressive; it's only 58 stitches wide and a 4-row pattern!).
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where are you off to, anywhere nice?

Scarf progress this week is another three pattern repeats (not that impressive; it's only 58 stitches wide and a 4-row pattern!).

Going to Wales (and if the weather stays like this it will be glorious! :D)

I have managed about 4 rows of my sweater, so you are doing better than me :rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport