Hotpoint Aqualtis Filter Cover Stuck

Could anyone please tell me how to get the cover off to clean the filter? I have searched online, and they seem to tell me that if the cover is stuck, I have to take the back panel off, undo the jubilee clip from the waste pipe with a pliers, then come at it from the back. Well, I took the back panel off, and the waste pipe is secured by a clip onto the ?pump. In order for me to undo it, I'll be at full arm stretch and I foresee things going horribly wrong if there's any little glitch at all. Also, as the hose is attached to the pump, I still don't see how I'm going to get to whatever is blocking the filter door?

There's also a black hose going from the bottom of the drum to the pump, but the clip at the drum end is not a jubilee-type clip, and again the pump end is too far away for me to have any manoeuvering room if things go pear shaped (which they often do when I tackle things myself!).

Can anyone advise me what to do? I've snaked the waste pipe as far as the pump, there doesn't seem to be anything in it, so I'm pretty sure it's the filter I need to get to, but I'd rather not pay €120+ for a call out fee if I can avoid it, it seems like it should be so simple...
I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
-Mike Primavera

Comments

• I just thought I'd update for anyone finding themselves in a similar situation...
    I eventually got the filter cover off by sheer brute force and a lot of wiggling with flat nosed pliers - and it only came off because it broke into pieces. I was then able to fish out about 15 assorted coins, a couple of hair elastics, a large silver earring and sundry bits of wire and unidentifiable things.

I ordered the replacement filter online, and ran the machine with no filter while I was waiting (the front still screwed in and sealed the hole). That allowed yet more debris to be washed into the chute which I fished out as I heard it fall in. Messy, but I have to say the machine is running very nicely now. I got my replacement filter and it's working fine.
    Now I know to check the filter regularly at least. :beer:
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport