Parking ticket by Euro car parks

Comments

• I myself have recently recieved a ticket for aparking in a disabled badge area. I recieved a hand written £50.00 fine. I agree people should not park in these spaces made available however, my local sainsburys had sold out to Euro Car Parks. They had not put any signs up to say otherwise and I have been picking my grandmother up for 5 years whilst using this disabled bay for 5 mins! She is 86 years old! They are so rude and after looking at these posts I have refused to pay! I trust this information is good intel!
    Thanks
  • The quickest way to get a parking charge cancelled on a retail park, or on a supermarket patrolled by a private car parking company is to go into a shop or the supermarket with a receipt to prove that you have been shopping there.
    Most retail parks and all supermarkets have called in the car parking company to patrol the car park on their behalf.
    They want the people parking in the car park to be using their shops. As soon as you walk into the shop and prove that you are a valid customer, the manager will inevitably want to keep you happy by cancelling the ticket.
    The car park enforcement system is not designed to pick on genuine customers. It is only designed to catch abusers who have no intention of using the shops.
  • Quick afterthought - as for parking in disabled bays without a blue badge. There is no way an able bodied person should park in a specially designated bay just because it is nearer the shops and easier to park in.

The same goes for parent and child bays. Let them be used by the people they are meant for that is what i say.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tezisme wrote: »
    The car park enforcement system is not designed to pick on genuine customers. It is only designed to catch abusers who have no intention of using the shops.

If only that were true, their main reason for being there is to relieve you of cash. Our local shopping centre farmed out the parking to a PPC because some people were parking there and going to a boot sale nearby. Fair enough but a boot sale only occurs on a Sunday, so why do they need to clamp you for shopping 5 minutes longer than the 3 hours allowed during the week. Try going to the manager of the centre to get clamp removed for free but don't hold your breath. They even clamped a taxi which went into Tescos to collect an old couple and their shopping. They do not give a fig, they're only after your money.
    p.S The taxi got a friend to come and lift the cab onto the back of a lorry and removed the clamp back at his workshop, they gave it back of course.

PPS I also do not approve of parking in disabled bays and parent/children bays but when the try to give a 9 months pregnant woman an invoice for using a parents bay I lose a lot of sympathy.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Jez_Wolf
    Jez_Wolf Posts: 47 Forumite
    Tezisme - don't bother trying to get a parking charge cancelled on a private car park, just ignore it.

PPC's have no authority to issue penalties - only the police and councils have the power.

look at www.pepipoo.com or www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/ for more info on how these scamsters operate, and how they try to bully people into paying the unjustifiable "fines"
  • I wonder which of the bright spark PPC's will be the first to ~"""fine""" a disabled badge car for parking in a normal part of the car park, based on the principle of ""Not parked in a correct bay"" The sparks would really fly then.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise? Last Thursday I had to take my 2 dogs to the vets and then go on to Sainsburys to get some food for the weekend. As I arrived at the car park there were LOADS of spaces and I was feeling unwell (had and still have flu) and coupled with the fact that I had my dogs in the car and am always worried about leaving them in the car but if I have to then I prefer to park near the busiest part of a carpark. I therefore decided to park in one of the numerous child and parent bays

After 30 minutes of being in the store I came out to find that I had been charged a £50 fine (which is £30 if I pay promptly) from Euro Car Parks. With or without knowing about getting a fine I would not have parked there if A. I wasn't feeling so terribly ill, B. I didn't have my dogs in the car and C. that the car park as a whole was virtually empty and I wasn't depriving someone with a young child with a space

My Dad came up at the weekend as I became so ill and couldn't cope, bless him he has tidied up things and it seems accidently thrown away the little piece of paper which was the ticket. I now do not know what to do, as a single parent on a low income this £30 is alot for me but I would rather pay that than get a bad credit rating or baliffs turn up. I can't even find the ticket so not sure how I could pay if I wanted to

I feel I can't appeal as I admit that I was parking in a bay with a parent and child sign and dont think that they will consider the fact that my dogs are like children to me and also that I was so unwell that day

What do you think I should do. I want the least amount of hassle really as I can't cope with battles with companies after just getting out of a 2 year battle with EDF energy

PS - Sorry about the long post my brain is still not quite with it
    Jo
    Mosation- Money Savvy Tips Online
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You have NOT been fined. What you have received is an entirely unenforceable invoice.

Get yourself on to the parking forums at www.pepipoo.com and have a god read.

And tell all your friends and family about the scam too.

Whatever you do, don't pay!

ETA:

Don't worry - Euro Car Parks will now have to spend £2.50 to find out the RK details from the DVLA. They will then write to the RK and tell them all kinds of lies. Do not be fooled.
  • Euro Car Parks are a private company, and therefore can "fine" you for parking illegally on their property; I can honestly say that they do not pursue the penalty after 3 letters. They DO NOT take you to court. They can hissy fit by way of letters but it is actually out of their hands.
    I hope this helps to the people who aren't sure of whether to pay.
  • pinkprop83 wrote: »
    Euro Car Parks are a private company, and therefore can "fine" you for parking illegally on their property;

I'm sure this is a typo as private companies CANNOT fine you, only the council/their agents or the law system can do so. All a PPC can do is send you an invoice, its up to you if you want to pay it or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure