Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• CooperativeEnergy
    CooperativeEnergy Posts: 28 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Robert_M wrote: »
    I too have hade problems with co-operative energy I switched to them in January 2015. They just ignored my e-mails didn't take any money from my account for 6-months ( so Iv'e run up a large bill) every time I managed to get thro on the phone they promised to do something about the situation but nothing happened. I've moved supplier now and been threatening with an exit fee even though this was not in the original contract. It's a total mess my advice is chose another supplier such as Ovo

Hi Robert

I am very sorry to hear you have had this experience with us. Please email your account number and details to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop[/EMAIL] and I will escalate this upon receipt.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Cooperative Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    pepelemoko wrote: »
    Don't switch to coop energy. I decided to change in February and still haven't paid my first bill despite many phonecalls and emails. I have discovered that something worse rhan bad service is being completely ignored. As i said, i switched in February. I received a wepcome to Coop email pretty soon after. So far so good. Nothing really happened after that until June when i was asked for meter reads. I supplied the reads three times and you would have thought they had never encountered a meter before. When supplying them the third time i mentioned how drawn out and frustrating this whole process was becoming. I was assured everything would be done quickly once i supplied reads. I heard absolutely nothing for over a month so phoned them. The advisor told me he was having problems setting up my payments and would have to take it up with the payments team. Two weeks on and, yet again, i have heard nothing. I called a couple of days ago and the switching team told me they couldn't help me and they would transfer me to someone who could. After some time on hold an advisor picked up. I asked if i could give her my account number. She said that she didn't have access to my account so there would be no point. She had only picked up as i had been on hold so long. I went through my many issues with them and was then asked if i would like to register a complaint. I told them that all i wanted was to know how much i was going to pay them, know the payment date and to actually give them money! I settled for a complaint. As i hae not an ounce of confidence in their staff by now i also emailed a complaint through their website. Waiting to get an answer droning on about their new operating system and how they are normally amazing. Wish i'd never bothered switching. Scottish Power don't seem so bad after all.

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear you have had this experience with us and would like to extend my sincere apologies for the service you have received.

Please forward your account details to [EMAIL="onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop and"]onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop and[/EMAIL] I will escalate this upon receipt.

Many thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
    I am the official company representative of Cooperative Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • labp04
    labp04 Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure whether to laugh or cry?!!

I've been with coop.energy for about 3 years or so now and, generally, have had no axe to grind ie my electricity is there, the costs are reasonable and I've always had a reasonable response time. However, a recent experience is worrying and, perhaps more worryingly, is an indication of the problems at this company maybe growing too quickly?

We are fortunate and a couple of years or so ago invested in solar panels with the coop being the agent for FIT payments. I've just come back from holiday to my most recent statement for FIT and noticed that it was for a far greater amount than has to-date been paid. After checking the readings etc it became obvious to me that the payment had been doubled up ie I have been paid twice as much as I should have been.

I rang the company, spoke to a pleasant young lady who, initially, clearly didn't believe me and then advised that she could see the problem but couldn't provide me with the means to repay the money at that time. She later sent me an email which, frankly, I am inclined to ignore given that, at best, the re-payment method suggested seems to me to be very dodgy.

So, online enquiries at coopenergy, will you please chase this up and let me have a formal way of repaying the amount your company has overpaid me. My guess is that I am not alone in having been overpaid although the young lady I spoke to reckoned never to have come across this before and, if she is correct, it shouldn't be too hard to track me down.
  • swanny65
    swanny65 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 August 2015 at 2:24PM
    Options
    I do believe my tale of woe is almost at an end......

I had an extended summer holiday and found that corresponding with Co-op by email was straightforward, however the customer service staff appear not to know what is going on behind the scenes.

My last email on holiday dated the 11/8/15 states "I have looked at your account and see that we still do not have your electricity meter however I have started to chase this up for you and sent this to our welcome team in order to further investigate why this has not switched yet." At the same time i was informed my gas DD would be £101.00 pcm.

I got home on 12/8/15 and opened my post. I had a letter dated 23/07/2015, that advised me Co-op were supplying my electricity from 14/08/2015. I asked if this was correct or had the electricity switch been cancelled.

On 13/8/15 they replied "Your electric supply start date is due on 28-8-2015 it has not been cancelled."

Email certainly appears the best means of communication - even if at time the staff appear not to know what is going on.

Strangely my questions about compensation and requesting an explanation about issuing pre-dated letters (see my earlier post) have not been answered
  • bellandbottle
    Options
    Well.... this week was the test of whether things were back on track for me, but it looks as if I will need to wait a while.

The good news is that my DDs are now being taken, and I can input my meter readings. The bad news is that I will not see any billing till the end of September - was supposed to be this week.

I called in today, and was answered within a couple of minutes. When I explained the problem (no billing showing), I was told about the on-going IT issues which are delaying things.

My personal experience is that things are improving, but there is a long way to go. I am glad I do not have the serious billing issues that some people are working through right now.
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    labp04 wrote: »
    Not sure whether to laugh or cry?!!

I've been with coop.energy for about 3 years or so now and, generally, have had no axe to grind ie my electricity is there, the costs are reasonable and I've always had a reasonable response time. However, a recent experience is worrying and, perhaps more worryingly, is an indication of the problems at this company maybe growing too quickly?

We are fortunate and a couple of years or so ago invested in solar panels with the coop being the agent for FIT payments. I've just come back from holiday to my most recent statement for FIT and noticed that it was for a far greater amount than has to-date been paid. After checking the readings etc it became obvious to me that the payment had been doubled up ie I have been paid twice as much as I should have been.

I rang the company, spoke to a pleasant young lady who, initially, clearly didn't believe me and then advised that she could see the problem but couldn't provide me with the means to repay the money at that time. She later sent me an email which, frankly, I am inclined to ignore given that, at best, the re-payment method suggested seems to me to be very dodgy.

So, online enquiries at coopenergy, will you please chase this up and let me have a formal way of repaying the amount your company has overpaid me. My guess is that I am not alone in having been overpaid although the young lady I spoke to reckoned never to have come across this before and, if she is correct, it shouldn't be too hard to track me down.

Hi there

I am very sorry to hear this. Please can you confirm your username in your email so I can escalate this for you?

Many Thanks,

The Co-operative Energy
  • CooperativeEnergy
    Options
    swanny65 wrote: »
    I do believe my tale of woe is almost at an end......

I had an extended summer holiday and found that corresponding with Co-op by email was straightforward, however the customer service staff appear not to know what is going on behind the scenes.

My last email on holiday dated the 11/8/15 states "I have looked at your account and see that we still do not have your electricity meter however I have started to chase this up for you and sent this to our welcome team in order to further investigate why this has not switched yet." At the same time i was informed my gas DD would be £101.00 pcm.

I got home on 12/8/15 and opened my post. I had a letter dated 23/07/2015, that advised me Co-op were supplying my electricity from 14/08/2015. I asked if this was correct or had the electricity switch been cancelled.

On 13/8/15 they replied "Your electric supply start date is due on 28-8-2015 it has not been cancelled."

Email certainly appears the best means of communication - even if at time the staff appear not to know what is going on.

Strangely my questions about compensation and requesting an explanation about issuing pre-dated letters (see my earlier post) have not been answered

Good afternoon,

We are sorry to read about you recent problems with your energy account. We sincerely apologise for the service you have received.

Please forward the details of your complaint to onlineenquiries@cooperativeenergy.coop, along with your account number and username and I will escalate this upon receipt.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you and helping to resolve your issue.

Co-operative Energy
  • labp04
    labp04 Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi coop energy, yes, my email is david dot saltydawg at gmail dot com, I look forward to hearing from you
  • Well that was a frustrating half an hour talking to your "Customer Services", the chap on the phone tried his hardest but when he didn't have the authority to solve my problem then it really is a joke. No bill since January, like many other customers and over £900 sat in my account in credit. You take £160+ out of my account every month yet can’t even tell me what my actual bill is.

I can’t begin to explain how disappointed in the Coop I am on this matter. I currently have my Banking, House Insurance, Car Insurance and Energy with the Coop. I say currently because unless you sort out your current shambolic act I’ll be taking all my business elsewhere.

The “New” online account is poor, with a really lack of real information, I can’t even find the details of my tariff or the actual amount charged per unit, surely this is essential information for the customer?

I was told by the “Customer Service” chap that it had to passed onto the mysterious billing department, who are not allowed contact with the outside world so I can’t possibly speak to one of them so they can fix this seemingly simple problem…. No it will take up to 4 weeks for them to generate a bill and give me a refund.

Not good enough Coop, not good enough at all.
  • modsandmockers
    Options
    it will take up to 4 weeks for them to generate a bill and give me a refund
    You should be so lucky! I hope you're not holding your breath...
    mad mocs - the pavement worrier
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport