PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2017 at 6:39AM
    Hester, how long has CHS got to endure this job before he retires? The PTB there seem to be completely oblivious of their workers' health and well-being.

nm, At least the house seems to be in the right place. Your DS will find it so much better with the short journey to work.

burtha, I bet there is someone who would snap your house up. After all, Homes Under The Hammer is one of the most popular programmes. However, you obviously wouldn't get so much for it. I hope 3MW isn't thinking that he is going to walk away with half the proceeds. The court's first priority will be the housing of your children, or at least, that's how it used to be. He may not get anything at all until the children are adults and not your or his responsibility.
    I had that scenario and was awarded 7/8ths of the house, a friend lent me the money and I bought him out. He never got over it, 35 years on he was still fuming and swearing revenge apparently.

Karcher, I must have missed your news about your dreadful injury when you first told us. It gives a whole new meaning to the term, "tongue in cheek," doesn't it?
    Silly girl! You'll think twice before indulging in sweeties again, especially toffee sweeties. I hope Mar has taken note.
    When I have anything wrong in my mouth I find dabbling it with neat TCP helps. Unpleasant but effective.
    Thanks for your offer of help in finding my bungalow. as long as it has a minimum of 2 bedrooms and a garage to house all the stuff I can't get into the house, I will consider it. My DIL sent me details of one she thought good, but it was in the middle of bungalow city, where people go to die and forget what they came for. It was also a long, long trek to the nearest bus route and there was no shop for miles. The bungalow itself was OK-ish, but nothing to write home about.
    I have been blessed with always having lived in beautiful, unique, houses in wonderful locations, but now is not the time to be picky and I am having to have stern words with myself.

Today will be a quiet day after all the rushing around yesterday. It was a mini-rush really, but I am getting lazy. Enjoy the Day of Rest, folk.

THOUGHT FOR SUNDAY

Forgive yourself for every failure. You tried to do the right thing. God knows that, and you know that.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Monna your ex sounds like mine, he hid most of our asserts so I got a lot less than my fair share but he still resents losing the pittance i received.
    CHS has another 2 or 3 years before he can retire, he is 5 years younger than me.

Burtha, take care, karcher, I love toffees too but my teeth don't.

I'm considering buying a new cooker, I have a small amount of savings and the one on the boat only has 2 settings, too cool to cook and oh bu66er it's burnt. I've looked into buying a replacement thermostat but with fitting it will cost about £150 and I can get a cooker for under £250.
    I will think on before I make a decision.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi ,
    Yup 3mw needs a reality check , that hopefully the agents will give him ... just frustrating
    Football this morning ... and I'm trying to be woop woop let's go ,all singing and dancing ...but it's not happening , think I need lots more coffee ....
    Will run between dropping him off and match start .... day 50 today of run everyday challenge ...think I'll keep going maybe till Christmas ... headspace for however long I run , so need a new target .
    This week is mock exams.... dd is better than I thought so far , so fingers crossed it's not going to be to stressful for her .....
    Right I better go wake the next great football legend up ::D
    Have a good day everyone :)
    £223/ £250 GC
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hester - have a look on fleabay for a caravan cooker, for some reason they are often cheaper. There's no difference as they can run on propane or butane and will be just as safe as a boat one. TBH I often use a local caravan dealer for some boat stuff as it can be a lot cheaper for the same thing!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Where did the weekend go? That's what I wanna know!

Did one of you lovely lot sneak in and pinch it whilst I wasn't looking :p
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Karcher sorry, I pinched some of it to deep clean our bathroom...:o It does look loads better though, all the soap-scrum staining on the grout has gone, as has the black moukdy gunk at the join of floor & base tiles :) Oh and we watched the rugby, and DH has brewed beer and I have batch cooked a pork & tomato soup casserole and lamb mince with aubergine, cumin & fennel...both smelled gorgeous when cooking and the pork was delish with pasta for tea :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Floss wrote: »
    Karcher sorry, I pinched some of it to deep clean our bathroom...:o It does look loads better though, all the soap-scrum staining on the grout has gone, as has the black moukdy gunk at the join of floor & base tiles :) Oh and we watched the rugby, and DH has brewed beer and I have batch cooked a pork & tomato soup casserole and lamb mince with aubergine, cumin & fennel...both smelled gorgeous when cooking and the pork was delish with pasta for tea :D

Blimey, I need a lie down after just reading about your achievements this weekend.

You're forgiven though Floss:p

Nothing much done here but I did tidy up the top drawer in my bedside cabinet which I've been meaning to do for [STRIKE]months[/STRIKE] weeks...it took all of 5 minutes:D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    karcher wrote: »
    Where did the weekend go? That's what I wanna know!

Did one of you lovely lot sneak in and pinch it whilst I wasn't looking :p
    :rotfl:
    I think I have nicked a bit! Have been having a drawing, painting and crafting mega day. Lots done but it took me 3 goes to get the painting of a robin right. First one looked sort of like a bird, second one like a child had done it but the third one is cute! I gave up on the 'fine art' and used a rubbish household paint brush (a really bad, cheap one, similar to a hog brush that my dad bought in a job lot!). So, as my art tutor would say, I loosened up my style and produced a fuzzy, cute robin. I am not sure I can replicate it ...
    I also [STRIKE]messed about with[/STRIKE] designed some cardboard toppers for bags of hm goodies I am making for xmas.
    I enjoyed my self immensely :D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    A very quick visit this morning as the surveyor is due at 9.00 and I have a couple of murky corners to attend to. Goodness knows what will happen if he wants to look into the garage. I always asked viewers if their vaccinations were up to date before I opened to door to that hell hole.

I hope to be back later, but to be going on with....

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Some minds are like concrete - all mixed up and permanently set.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I hope the survey went all right, monnagran xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income