Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

Comments

• pebblesmax wrote: »
    We are flying with Thomas Cook on Tuesday. It's the first time in ages that we have flown with them, probably over 10 years. I have a few questions.

How strict are they with hand luggage weights (it's only 6kg), and do they allow a personal item as well?

We got a good price for the flight, but we are wondering about meals on board. Are they any good? What, if any, drinks are free? Is it just free with your meal?
    Never had my bag weighed.
    I always start with my handbag in a sports bag. Through customs, handbag comes out, and drinks for the plane from duty free goes in the sports bag.
    Food already described very well. All I can add is the portion size is small imo, so take some snacks.
    Tea / coffee about £2.50.
    Remember your headphones.
    Normal tv is limited, so load up the tablet or £4 for premium tv.
    Have fun.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks for that. It's the laptop and two tablets I'm worried about. If they don't weigh stuff then I should be fine.

Will make some sandwiches and get a few snacks for the journey after your advice. I hope water is free, just in case I'll get a few bottles after we go through security. I can't stand the thought of the OH getting hungry. He doesn't take it well.
  • Interested to hear if others think TC portions sizes are small. Maybe they are the standard plane size. Anyway, for me on a flight that long I need that little bit more.

Water is free, but it is a small plastic cup. I like to have a couple of bottles of water, so I can have a sip whenever I want. I find flying drys my throat.
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    We fly with Thomas Cook every time now,they are ok with hand luggage but are very strict on hold luggage coming home....they charge for every kilo over,hence the fact that I pay for an extra case coming back just incase.When we were at the airport coming home in June it seemed everyone I front of us was paying for being over.The meals are crap,I always take something to eat from home and they charge you for alcohol,headphones,films and basically anything that they can....We go in 9 days,so we are there again for Halloween,my favourite time in Vegas!
  • pebblesmax
    I'll be taking a pack up of food then, and buy some water in the airport. Not bothered about alcohol on the plane tbh. Need my water though. Last flight with virgin the flight attendant just gave me a big bottle in the end.

Films cost extra too? I'm sure they were free last time we went with them. It was a long time ago though, perhaps 2007. I will read a book instead.

We are there for Halloween this year too. And the election and thanksgiving.
  • They provide a 'basic' tv package for free. It is not that great. They then provide a 'premium' tv package for £4 per person per per flight. This provides much more choice. I have paid for it many times, simply because they was a film that I fancied watching so £4 was not an issue. Lapton and 2 tablets I would assume that you have loads of your own entertainment.

We are in LV for Thanksgiving. Always enjoy TG and the rates are always very good.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks, pebbles! Will figure out what works for all of us shortly. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • pebblesmax
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks, pebbles! Will figure out what works for all of us shortly. :)

We are looking forward to it too! Not too long now.
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    We are looking forward to it too! Not too long now.

Hope you have a great time. We will be there 12-19th so will see if we can arrange to meet up.
  • pebblesmax
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Hope you have a great time. We will be there 12-19th so will see if we can arrange to meet up.
    Sounds good Lesley. Let us know if you get time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure