Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Hey ladies just delurking to say I had zero symptoms, apart from a bit of hunger, and still don't! So rest assured no symptoms doesn't mean nothing is happening :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congrats Poddle.

So had my first appointment with the midwife today, all went well, and back in 2 weeks.

I know its still early on and that, but is anyone finding their jeans etc getting a bit too tight? I seem to be ok with them first thing in the morning, but as the day goes on, I am struggling with them. I currently have a bobble around the button to close them to give me a bit extra room. I just feel really bloated, and I know I'm not eating any extra etc. In my head as having it be far too early to think about buying bigger clothes.
  • Hello

Regular user here, but can't post under my normal name as people 'in real life' know who I am... I am about 5 weeks gone (which is why no one knows) and we have our first doctors appointment on Thursday.

I cannot get enough sleep, my boobs feel like they're on fire and I'm getting waves of nausea and heartburn.

But the worst thing is, I have had the most disgusting taste in my mouth. Started yesterday, but today I cannot drink tea at all. My problem is that this is my main drink and I struggle to drink lots of cold drinks. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you please have any remedies? :(

I ate some pickled onions earlier and it helped a bit, but I have had a few sips of hot chocolate and it's back with a vengence.
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks April! Do you have a blood test at the first one? OMG, I have definitely put on weight around the middle - at first I thought it was just because I'd come back from holiday, but I'm sure I look about 4-5 months pregnant if I let it all hang out!

Hi Sweetbabu, congrats! Loads of people say the same about metallic tastes and really strong aversions to things like tea - sorry no advice, hope it's just a phase. I should probably have registered as a new user as I know a few people on here on FB, but I'm pretty sure they won't say anything - fingers crossed :o
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • sweetbabu
    sweetbabu Posts: 162 Forumite
    poddle911 wrote: »
    Hi Sweetbabu, congrats! Loads of people say the same about metallic tastes and really strong aversions to things like tea - sorry no advice, hope it's just a phase. I should probably have registered as a new user as I know a few people on here on FB, but I'm pretty sure they won't say anything - fingers crossed :o
    Aww, thank you poddle :j

Me too :o Well, my mum uses MSE and reads through most of the boards, so I couldn't be plastering it on here without them knowing :o

Does anyone else still not believe that they are actually pregnant? I'm sure it will change when I've had the doctors appointments, etc, and i know I've got lots of symptoms (that I don't remember having last time either - at least not this early!). But still... Wow! :D
  • april87
    edited 12 October 2016 at 4:48PM
    Poodle, no blood tests. I was told to expect that at my next appointment, which is in 2 weeks time. I didn't think I'd put on weight a pound or two, which I thought has all gone to my chest :rotfl: seriously considering buying new jeans.

Congratulations Sweetbabu. I also had a slight strange taste with coffee, I know just don't drink it. It doesn't sit too well with my either, which is surprising since I am a total caffeine addict. Surprisingly enough I've had no withdrawal symptoms at all since I stopped drinking it. I know what you mean, there are still moments I don't feel as if I'm pregnant I probably will still have these thoughs until I actually see it for myself if that makes sense. 4/5 weeks seems far too long for me to wait for a scan.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    April I am totally with you on the trousers! I'm exactly the same, seem OK in the morning but by evening I am really bloated and have a mega tummy on the go.

I'm completely off tea and coffee. I tried ginger tea for a bit, but now even the smell of that makes me gag. Current sipping tonic water as feel terrible! Think it's because I had a late night/early morning.

It doesn't feel real for me either. Not sure when it will.
  • Faerie
    Faerie Posts: 206 Forumite
    Congratulations Poddle and Sweet!

Sweet, I have gone off tea too and seem to prefer cold drinks, Vimto is my favourite at the moment, it disguises the nasty taste in my mouth. I am sucking on mints too which helps with the nausea and the taste.

April and penguin - I had lots of bloating early on but it's getting better now. My jeans fit perfectly again at 12 weeks.

I had my dating scan this morning, it went really well. I have an anterior placenta again and the baby had smushed its face into it so it took a while to get the measurements. The scan photo isn't the best as it had hiccups too so it's a bit blurred. The sonographer was lovely and showed us the hands and fingers (so creepy but cool!) It looked like a little baby! The NT was low at 1.4mm so hopefully the blood results will follow suit too. It took 3 attempts to get blood :/ I've been put forward 4 days, so I'm now 12+4 :D It still doesn't feel real as we haven't told anyone yet. We wanted to tell our parents face to face this weekend but all 3 sets are busy! I suppose waiting a few more weeks won't hurt.

I hope everyone is ok.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Glad all went well Faerie. I think I will burst if I can't tell my mum straight after the scan. Got a baby shower with her on Saturday so that will be a big test!
  • april87
    Faerie, glad the scan went well! I can't wait for mine :). Glad to hear the bloating disappears, might hold off on the new jeans, maybe just get some leggings to tie me over for now.

Good luck for Saturday Penguin.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure