Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• Addams wrote: »
    PONR - I know its a shame some of it needs to be spent on the roof, but at least I have some for stash.

Dallam - Welcome, your card is lovely, I am also a follower now too.

I was speaking to someone yesterday about cardmaking and they said 'it must save you a fortune!' Well I just burst out laughing, because I spend more on cards now than I ever did before!

Ahhh the word 'some' makes me feel much happier!!! I'm so glad that not all of the money is going on the roof!!!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Laura_D wrote: »
    Thanks Mary-op and everyone else who said nice things - you guys are really lovely :) Nope I'm not advanced enough to randomly cut shapes :rotfl:I got the most basic picture of a snowboarder I could find on the web and cut accordingly - at least I think it looks like a snowboarder :D

Hi Laura, your card is beautiful, love the different materials you've used x

Welcome Dallam, love your boy card :D

Addams, HUGE well done on your win!!!

We had a fab time at the rugby and our team won so :j
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • dragonllew wrote: »
    Welcome to the newbies, fab cards.
    Sorry if I haven't commented on everyones blogs yesterday and today but my finger is hurting and I having to keep it straight in a splint which is not good for typing or crafting:(
    Can anyone reccommend some nice male papers I have a few male cards to make in the next couple of weeks

Oh dear - what have you done to your finger, did I miss something on another post?? Hope it heals fast for you so you can do your crafting. Sounds painful though.
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Oh dear - what have you done to your finger, did I miss something on another post?? Hope it heals fast for you so you can do your crafting. Sounds painful though.
    No you haven't missed anything its an old problem that flares up every now and then. My middle finger has a lump on it which causes it to curve slightly meaning that the tendons and ligaments tighten up and need to be stretched which is why I have a splint to keep it straight
  • Evening ladies (and gents if we have any). Just a quick heads up - there is a DT call over at Sweet Pea Stampers if any one fancies giving it a shot, details are on my blog.

Hello newbies, some fab cards and if you have a blog I'm now following.

Melissa - gorgeous card hun.

Dragonlew - ouch - what have you done?? I use Prima My Guy and Space Boy, oh and Basic Grey Archiac.

Addams
    - congratulations. I've been trying to order my craft robo for about a month, but definately am going to get one as I'm sure that I will actually save money (says she who has just ordered the new Prima stacks amongst other things!!)

FluffyB
    - if you check some of the folks blogs on here there is stacks of inspiration, plus lots of nice links to freebies. For images Google is your friend try this link
  • dragonllew wrote: »
    No you haven't missed anything its an old problem that flares up every now and then. My middle finger has a lump on it which causes it to curve slightly meaning that the tendons and ligaments tighten up and need to be stretched which is why I have a splint to keep it straight

Oh ok that sounds painful. Hope it eases for you soon. I imagine it not easy trying to keep a finger straight.
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Oh ok that sounds painful. Hope it eases for you soon. I imagine it not easy trying to keep a finger straight.
    Thanks doen't help that I''m right handed you would be surprised how much you miss being able to use that one finger
  • Hiya everyone :)

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now and thought it was about time I said hello! I started card making a few years ago when I was off sick from work but haven't done that much in the past couple of years due to studying and suchlike:o but now plan to get back to it now I've cleared out the spare room and got all my bits n bobs back in their rightful places!! :D I'm gonna give scrapbooking a go also. In the past few weeks I've made a couple of nappy cakes, toilet roll cake! and love making jewellery with my friend.

Looking forward to the craft fayre at Glasgow beginning of March to get myself some new bits and bobs!! As yet I don't even own pro markers! Let the card making expensive hobby once again commence!! lol :beer:
    oh and I'm just getting used to the whole blogging thing also but need bear with me I haven't fully got the hang of everything yet....

Loving all your cards :T sorry for the long post.

twinkle x
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Hello New Ladies, fab cards, will follow your blogs in a mo:)

Just wanted to say I got paid today for the Wedding Invites and the lady was soooo pleased I got a £20 tip!!!! Whooo Hooo!!! feel a little spend coming on now :)

Marg I have made a card for your challenge and its on my b*** hope its ok, its a bit plain and boring lol

Dragonllew your finger sound really painful x I have the Wild Rose Studio mens papers and they are nice colours and good quality.

Rainmac how are you today? I hope your cold is better.

Gorgeous cards everyone and Well Done to our winners
  • flourgirl wrote: »
    Hello New Ladies, fab cards, will follow your blogs in a mo:)

Just wanted to say I got paid today for the Wedding Invites and the lady was soooo pleased I got a £20 tip!!!! Whooo Hooo!!! feel a little spend coming on now :)

Marg I have made a card for your challenge and its on my b*** hope its ok, its a bit plain and boring lol

Dragonllew your finger sound really painful x I have the Wild Rose Studio mens papers and they are nice colours and good quality.

Rainmac how are you today? I hope your cold is better.

Gorgeous cards everyone and Well Done to our winners

Well done on getting a tip - the cards were lovely so I'm not all all surprised. I bet the lady was chuffed to bits with them!:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure