Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2010 at 9:13PM
    Ooooh shiny new thread - you lot can't half gas tho' - already on page 2 :rotfl:.

You lot are better than therapy - had a carp day, came on here to have a moan and have laughed so much that I don't need to moan and might not need my second [STRIKE]piece[/STRIKE] half of lemon drizzle cake from M&S :rotfl:

Lol at you lot with your trolleys and freight trucks to get you back from the NEC.

Peppop I get my smilies from here I just luv 'em.

Off to feed the troops - Sweet & Sour Cicken for tea.

HS1bearhugs_5418.gifto all, Thriftyxxx

Scotslass I'm a Hystersister! Fab website when you're going through (in a whisper, like me mum used to) those womens problems.:o
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2010 at 9:28PM
    Hops onto shiney new thread :p.

Wifey - alas Funky Fairys is no more and the shop has closed - think Shaz wanted to spend more time actually making stuff :). She still posts some freebies on her own blog here.

Funky fairies challenges are now called fab n funky challenges.

I love those MME papers but am (struggling with) being good :A plus I don't think I would ever use them all I need to use up what I have first - or at least a little bit of it :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks, padster!

There a piccie on my blog of my grandaughters card using my new Promarkers. I am loving them but have other stuff to do.

Gemm, that gorgeous ATC of yours was hiding under a magazine and i didn't see it until this morning, still trying to get inspiration which is hard for me to come to terms with, Cripes! you oughta see the Bling I have, I drip in fake sparkles.:D

Saucy did you order from Joanna Sheens site after all, I got me gift box set and one of the lids had come off and the pen had dried up, I wrote to them and they are sending me a replacement, very good customer service as it wasn't JS's fault, the box was all sealed up.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Sunrise - sorry I forgot to say that your creations are fabulous as always!!!!
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks all for your hugs and lovely words. Funny how things take you isn't it, there's me all down in the dumps when I should be really happy 'cos OH has just had the news that he's currently in remission from the lymphoma he's been treated for these last two years. He had a stem cell (bone marrow) transplant in October as a last ditch attempt as his previous chemo didn't help. He's still got a long way to go with his recovery but seems like he's on the right track.

My mom, who wasn't expected to last the day a month ago, is a lot better, back in the temporary care home and expected to be allowed home possibly later this week.

So goodness knows why I'm so down. Maybe a reaction after all that's been going on. I suppose when you've had to feel positive for so long in a negative situation then in time something gives.

Anyway, I'll try and get back on track.

If the weather doesn't get any worse I'm going out on Sunday (can't remember the last shopping trip I had) but only to get a new iron as mine packed up at the weekend. There's a Home Bargains near to where I'm going so I can have a moochy in there. Sadly no craft shops but I bought the 80 reel ribbon pack from QVC last week and they're lovely.

I'll do a blog hop tomorrow and see what you've all been up to.

Can anyone tell me how you put blog candy links on your side bar please? I put the Pink Piggy one in the main part of my blog as I couldn't find out how to do it on the side bar.
  • THE-WIFE wrote: »
    Scotslass I'm a Hystersister! Fab website when you're going through (in a whisper, like me mum used to) those womens problems.:o

Hiya Wifey

I am not a hystersister but a friend of mine who suffered with endometriosis was and sent me the smilies link. They managed to treat the endometriosis without an op and she ended up a first-time Mum at 39 :T

Isn't it great that we can talk openly nowadays and share information and support - my Mum who is a VERY OLD 72 drives me round the twist with her uptight, inhibited, bigoted attitudes:mad:.
  • TomsMum I think you are right. Sometimes we have to be so strong for everyone else that it is only when the pressure lessens that we can "let ourselves go". I am always like that, "Mrs I'm Coping Fine" during a crisis and a jibbering wreck afterwards.

Hugs to you - I am really pleased about your OH's remission news and that your Mum is so much improved.

Sending you my last piece of lemon drizzle cake because you deserve it ;)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    TomsMom wrote: »
    Thanks all for your hugs and lovely words. Funny how things take you isn't it, there's me all down in the dumps when I should be really happy 'cos OH has just had the news that he's currently in remission from the lymphoma he's been treated for these last two years. He had a stem cell (bone marrow) transplant in October as a last ditch attempt as his previous chemo didn't help. He's still got a long way to go with his recovery but seems like he's on the right track.

My mom, who wasn't expected to last the day a month ago, is a lot better, back in the temporary care home and expected to be allowed home possibly later this week.

So goodness knows why I'm so down. Maybe a reaction after all that's been going on. I suppose when you've had to feel positive for so long in a negative situation then in time something gives.

Anyway, I'll try and get back on track.

If the weather doesn't get any worse I'm going out on Sunday (can't remember the last shopping trip I had) but only to get a new iron as mine packed up at the weekend. There's a Home Bargains near to where I'm going so I can have a moochy in there. Sadly no craft shops but I bought the 80 reel ribbon pack from QVC last week and they're lovely.

I'll do a blog hop tomorrow and see what you've all been up to.

Can anyone tell me how you put blog candy links on your side bar please? I put the Pink Piggy one in the main part of my blog as I couldn't find out how to do it on the side bar.

TomsMom, I think you should never get cross at yourself for feeling down when it happens, sometimes just go with it but try and do some things for you that make you happy - bake, make a card, shop, go for a walk, whatever you think may help you 'escape' for a bit and help plant some happiness in your head. That's fab news about your OH and also your mum :D

For adding blog candy to your sidebar - I am carp with technology so hope this makes sense:
    Click on Customise at the top of your blog homepage
    Click on Add a Gadget on the side
    Scroll down to Picture and select by clicking the + button
    Go to the blog candy you want to add to your blog, hover over the picture of the candy and right click on your mouse, copy all the text in the Properties section and paste into the section that says Image From The Web, this should show the candy pic (hopefully!)
    Then enter a post title, caption if you want (this text is shown under the pic)
    Copy the URL of the candy post into the box titled Link
    Save
    The candy should now show on your blog
    If you have more than one listed you can change the order by dragging and dropping but you will need to save these changes before reverting back to your blog homepage.
    Hope this makes sense, please shout if it doesn't.

Padster, welcome home lady, we missed you, I made another easel card box thingie in your absence :A

Saucy, I reckon your Promarkers will come tomorrow x Hope you can come to the NEC, would love to meet you ;)

CT, so sorry you aren't able to come to the NEC, I so wanted to meet you xxx

LittleVics, have you tried ebay???
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Link to Crafty Place... http://craftyplace.yuku.com/directory
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Thank you :)
    I hope they come tomorrow, with my ribbon mad stuff. I'm so excited to get them, I've already printed lots of digi stamps to colour!
    Are they hard to use?
    Signature down for maintenance :rotfl:
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    TSL - thanks for the cake - lemon, yummy!

Rainmac - thanks for instructions, will give it a try next time I have a go at blog candy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure