Sky Sports Goals Express

Why does Sky Sports bother with a programme called "Goals Express" when at least 20 minutes of it is talking about Premiership matches or other events? Last night was mainly about the Mayweather/McGregor fight.

It is so bad that they didn't have time to show a lot of goals yesterday. If people want to see the Premiership goals, they can watch them on other Sky channels, whereas the supporters of league teams are lucky to get more than about 60 seconds of coverage from their team's match.
Going down the Oteley Road to see the Shrewsbury aces! :T

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    izzitme wrote: »
    Why does Sky Sports bother with a programme called "Goals Express" when at least 20 minutes of it is talking about Premiership matches or other events? Last night was mainly about the Mayweather/McGregor fight.

It is so bad that they didn't have time to show a lot of goals yesterday. If people want to see the Premiership goals, they can watch them on other Sky channels, whereas the supporters of league teams are lucky to get more than about 60 seconds of coverage from their team's match.

They can only show a few seconds of each game at 6pm in match day's as part of the rights package they've agreed. This is why it is called "goals express". It is the goals that have been just scored.

For full highlights you have to watch them on a rival broadcaster (I think the none premier league games are channel 5).

To pad out the program they talk about other sporting events. Otherwise it would be a quick ten minute show and they want to fill up around an hour!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes thats right JReacher, the none premier league games are on Channel 5.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    They can only show a few seconds of each game at 6pm in match day's as part of the rights package they've agreed. This is why it is called "goals express". It is the goals that have been just scored.

For full highlights you have to watch them on a rival broadcaster (I think the none premier league games are channel 5).

To pad out the program they talk about other sporting events. Otherwise it would be a quick ten minute show and they want to fill up around an hour!
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Yes thats right JReacher, the none premier league games are on Channel 5.

As this is the vent forum i feel i should point out the correct word in this context is "non" and not "none".
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    takman wrote: »
    As this is the vent forum I feel I should point out the correct word in this context is "non" and not "none".

Lol thanks

Just corrected something for you.

Enjoy the rest of you bank holiday.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Lol thanks

Just corrected something for you.

Enjoy the rest of you bank holiday.

'Your' :)
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • grayme-m wrote: »
    'Your' :)

It took you 2.5 weeks to find the spelling mistake in DCFC79's post?!

God damn!!
  • grayme-m
    It took you 2.5 weeks to find the spelling mistake in DCFC79's post?!

God damn!!

Nope, just happened to be two and a half weeks after they posted that I was going back through the forum and found it instantly.

The problem with being pedantic, is that if you (sic) not 100% right, you leave yourself open for another pedant to come back at you.

It's all part of the game, hence the smiley. I think that comes across better than over use of punctuation and a closing statement that I'm interpreting as a put down.
  • grayme-m wrote: »
    Nope, just happened to be two and a half weeks after they posted that I was going back through the forum and found it instantly.

The problem with being pedantic, is that if you (sic) not 100% right, you leave yourself open for another pedant to come back at you.

It's all part of the game, hence the smiley. I think that comes across better than over use of punctuation and a closing statement that I'm interpreting as a put down.

You could have just ignored it too, but each to their own :beer:
  • grayme-m
    You could have just ignored it too, but each to their own :beer:

Too much irony. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure