2017 - moving life forwards

Comments

• thanks sauce! He's eaten some tuna and have seen him have a drink - waahoo! So pleased! Will still be taking him in tomorrow but hopefully he will be home tomorrow night and better! So pleased to see him eating!!!! His eye also looks a lot better and he is more himself (though not fully). Such a relief. I like animals more than most humans and he means the world to me!

Tonight is salmon, waffles (of course) and courgettes from stores. Not eaten the salad BD made me for lunch so will get told off, but couldn't face it - wonder if it was in sympathy for the cat!. Anyway, I can take that with me for lunch tomorrow. Have also done 2 loads of laundry.

No idea what time BD is back but want to watch The Replacement tonight so looking forward to that. Sort of wish I hadn't taken today off now as probably wasn't necessary but I would have been distraught if anything had happened to the cat whilst I wasn't here when I could have taken the day off
  • coastalchick
    coastalchick Posts: 292 Forumite
    Thought The Replacement was excellent - slow build then just about to get going at the end of episode 1 - can't wait to see next weeks!

Taking cat to vet in a moment, he has deteriorated again though is not as bad as yesterday so good he's going back and should be sorted by tonight. Have a meeting at 9 though and not sure I'll actually make it cos of traffic - even a couple of years ago I'd have got stressed by that but now I'm not - if I miss start I do - no one is going to die, it can run without me and the cat is more important. If it was my child, people would understand. As I have no children, they should understand the cat is like my child. And I no longer wish to give "everything" to my job, as it is very rare for an employer to reward you back or actually give a crap about you. This new life is all about going in and doing a good job but not making it a stressor in my life as it's just not worth it.

Hoping today will be a NSD (other than massive vets bill!!!!) and that can get house issue sorted today also as that would be nice!
  • coastalchick
    Cat had a perforated ear drum, massive infection and nerve damage. They are not sure of the extent of the nerve damage yet until his infection is fully gone. He's home and had a battle with him on my own this morning to get tablets down him (as BD left for work early) - tried putting it in cheese but no. So had to grip him between my legs and open his mouth, shove it down and hold his mouth closed! First tablet = success but second one he'd cottoned on and it took a few goes!! Anyway, hoping he is going to be fully recovered soon and got to take him back next fri for a follow up. £302.28/2. Will try and claim on insurance as with monday's appointment and follow up, will be about £400 in total.

Ended up buying milk and getting petrol yesterday as car was quite low too - so not a NSD!!!

Today is lunch from stores but BD not back until v late tonight and all we have in for cooking is a roast so no point for 1. I will grab a ready meal on way home instead.

Today is last day of week for me - really must get focused on my job now as this week has been a bit of a write off with house stress and cat issues!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Sorry to hear about your cat…. I know how horrible it is when they’re poorly! Got everything crossed the medicine works ASAP, cats and dogs are so hardy I’m sure he’ll be back and bouncing in no time. Don’t you just wish they could talk and tell you something is wrong sometimes!
  • coastalchick
    Thanks Sauce - I do wish that! I am convinced he's a bit like a toddler and understands everything I say but can't communicate what he is thinking! His eye still looks awful and may well be permanent due to nerve damage so might have to re-name him wonk eye! Popped home at lunch to check on him and he was ok. He's not fully being himself as seems to want to stay in the kitchen when normally he'd be in the lounge but hoping it's just a phase.

BD's big deal fallen through and he's dealing with fall out and people screaming at him. No idea when he will be back. He needs looking after though. Got us a meal from cook on way home so hoping he's not too late as I'm starving and it takes 50 mins.

House issues have been very stressy today and I'm afraid to say I lost it at the person dealing with it. I'm annoyed because I had said I wanted the partner to deal and his team and instead, cos I'm staff, I've been fobbed off with the other team and my guy can't fight his way out of a paper bag. Almost don't want the house now and just feel like how can we be spending all this money and yet there are still issues with this property? I think it's just where we live.

Cracked and got red wine on way home (as think BD might need a drink too!) and know I am not pregnant (we weren't really trying anyway and it was outside fertile window so was highly unlikely this time) as got AF yesterday so can have a drink, though going to try not to go mad as really need to get running again and lose some weight as am heavier than I've ever been right now!!!
  • coastalchick
    BD didn't get home until about 920 so I had gone ahead and eaten and heated his up for him. He looked so down and knackered. Really felt for him. The shenanigans which went on were just outrageous and know he is pretty fed up having put in a lot of hours over the last few weeks then it all falling apart at the seams. However, he has been sent a calendar invite headed "succession planning" which is a good sign as it might mean they are considering him for a director role in the future. He'd always said he didn't want to go that high up but think he is now more amenable to it. He is still a way off it as he has "senior manager" rung before he gets to director but it's good that he's on the radar as he can decide what's right for him.

Day off today - woo hoo! Got to nip into town to drop off our signed mortgage offer docs and could do with a new coat for work as now coming out of winter, my big coat is a bit on the warm side. They have some nice trench coats in m&s so might grab one of those. Might nip up to BD's mums as she has the kids on a friday so would be nice to see them for an hour or so and have some cuddles.

Tonight we are (depending on when BD gets out of work!) hopefully doing the shopping then staying in - maybe watch 24:legacy as we've not been able to watch it since weds. This week's shop should be cheap. I am out for lunch tomorrow (but just having 1 course as out in evening and driving so should be no more than £15) for a friend's birthday and we are out to dinner tomorrow night then BD's mum's for lunch so just need 5 evening meals to get us through to next weekend and lunch stuff. We already have 2 chicken breasts in freezer and thai green curry paste so might make one of those, and we have a chicken in freezer for a roast sun night. So really just need 3 meals and lunches for next week. Hoping it is relatively cheap.
  • Have been MIA for a while as a lot happened. So on the Fri I bought a new trench coat from m&s but didn't try it on. Was £43 and is too small so will take it back and swap for next size up. Drove up to BD's mum's but she wasn't there so just came home. On the Fri afternoon BD messaged me asking if I wanted to go for drinks with his bosses as they wanted to take us out to say thanks to him for all his hours and thanks to me for all my patience! So we went out and had A LOT (and no dinner) but didn't pay a penny (even though we offered). On the Sat I had my girl's lunch which was £16.50 as I had 1 course plus a coffee. Sat night we went out with my friends for dinner. £67 each so not cheap and not the best of nights as the table layout was a bit rubbish which meant people couldn't really talk properly. Sun we went to BD's mum's for lunch which was nice then did big shop on way home - can't remember what we spent there.

Then the real !!!! started. Sun night/mon morning 2am BD found the cat flailing around on the floor in the spare bedroom, his eye was moving rapidly from side to side and his head was tilted to one side. He looked like he was having a stroke. So called the emergency vets and got him in there. He was in there 2 days - no sleep for us with worry - the infection had not gone and so they had to do another draining/cleaning out op and pump him full of antibiotics. They also said they had found some material in there which could be cancerous so they sent off some biopsies. I was beside myself with worry. When he got home it was even worse - he had to go in a cage as he couldn't walk/stand up due to his balance problems. It was an awful week. Also the tenants in BD's flat were trying to get out of the lease even though they were only 1 month into a 12 month lease. And stuff with the house nightmare too. Cat is now thankfully (fingers crossed) on the mend but it cost us £1100. We are trying to claim it back on the insurance but suspect they will say it's pre-existing as he has had some issues with his ear before, but never like this.

House survey now been done but we have to get a structural engineer's report as there are 2 "potential movement cracks" on one of the walls - another £300 for that and we don't even know if the vendors will end up selling as they are having to get a damp and timber report on the property they are buying so it's all still in limbo.

I'm fatter than I've ever been but can't face running as just feel exhausted all the time. Worrying constantly about money and the house and now the cat on top. On top of it all, on the day the cat was having the op (and despite this person knowing this) my so called "friend" rang me AT WORK screaming down the phone at me accusing me of having told people something she told me in confidence (which I didn't). It's hard because this is a friend who has stabbed me in the back on many occasion or fallen out with me as if we are 16 and at high school but I can't just bin her off because of the mutual friends we have in our group. But tbh, I'm pretty done with her now. I really don't need those sorts of people in my life
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    None of that sounds pleasant. Hope your day is ok.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks Bob, things are much more positive this week!

Today and tomorrow is a free lunch as have work stuff over lunchtime. We need some milk over the next couple of days so minimal. Rest of week's food should be from stores. We are back to vets on friday but have a feeling that is free as it's a follow up (should be after spending 1100!!!!). Friday night we've decided to go out for dinner just the 2 of us - should be no more than £30 each. Sat will be "big shop" but I am really going to try to minimise our list/spend this week as need to save some pennies. Sat afternoon we are taking BD's mum for afternoon tea - will be minimal spend as we have a voucher for 2 of us so will just pay for the extra and also means we won't need/want much in the evening.

Have £252.47 left in this month's budget to last until monday so really should cover everything (though have to pay £15 sponsorship for BD's mum). Thankfully as we have been fairly frugal this month I was able to cover my half of the cat's vet's bills out of this month's budget (I had been hoping to save that towards house stuff) but am hoping we get it back from insurers.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Oh gosh! Bless your heart! Hope you're doing ok. I too, have a 'friend' who is mutually friends with a lot of people so I have to tolerate them, my way of dealing with it is to not be alone with them and I always make excuses to sit at the other end of a table etc. when we are together. How annoying she phoned you whilst you were at work as well! Ugh! Some people!!

So sorry to hear about your poor little kitty! Hope he is doing better now, I bet you had a big *gulp* moment at that bill but don't fret, hopefully the insurance will pull through for you, after all that is what it is there for. You've sure been through the mill!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure