Amazon Logistics (rant)

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    racey wrote: »
    Look at the following discussion on Amazon forums:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/amazon/ref=cm_cd_notf_message?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx20NG9OQFCP0QF&cdPage=190&cdThread=Tx21J8C0QW4MWV8#Mx1XXCYYYAKTAKS
    It appears that the above poster's experience may well be typical. It is certainly not an isolated case of poor delivery service by Amazon.

I'm well aware of the problems created by Amazon's decision to cut its costs by switching to 'Amazon Logistics' (in reality a number of different companies across the country).

I agree that it's a poor service by comparison with what they used to offer (DPD and Royal Mail in particular) but shouted statements like this one are just taking it too far (and particularly after a 15% refund):

"MORAL: IF YOU WANT TO HEAR LIES AND EMPTY APOLOGIES - ORDER THROUGH AMAZON - LYING IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY & THE ONLY GUARANTEED DELIVERY IS COMPLETE AND UTTER DISREGARD FOR CUSTOMERS AND THE B...SH.. THAT THEY SPIN."

Amazon staff are human - and very helpful. They do their best. There's a bit of an overreaction here, I sense.
  • racey
    racey Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I'm well aware of the problems created by Amazon's decision to cut its costs by switching to 'Amazon Logistics' (in reality a number of different companies across the country).

I agree that it's a poor service by comparison with what they used to offer (DPD and Royal Mail in particular) but shouted statements like this one are just taking it too far (and particularly after a 15% refund):

"MORAL: IF YOU WANT TO HEAR LIES AND EMPTY APOLOGIES - ORDER THROUGH AMAZON - LYING IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY & THE ONLY GUARANTEED DELIVERY IS COMPLETE AND UTTER DISREGARD FOR CUSTOMERS AND THE B...SH.. THAT THEY SPIN."

Amazon staff are human - and very helpful. They do their best. There's a bit of an overreaction here, I sense.
    I agree that Amazon staff are human - I don't think many would disagree.
    I feel that failure to deliver on the day that was promised, and paid for, is unacceptable. It would seem from the discussion from, which is on page 190, that this is happening frequently . I have used Amazon for years and have had no problems with deliveries meeting deadlines until the last few weeks when using Amazon Logistics, I think that failure to deliver the promised, paid for, service is a good reason to complain. I have been let down about 5 times in the past few weeks and now feel that they are so unreliable that future deliveries will be sent to the local post office, if possible.
    I couldn't continue using them satisfied in the knowledge that they are "doing their best".
  • Doc_N
    racey wrote: »
    ........I have used Amazon for years and have had no problems with deliveries meeting deadlines until the last few weeks when using Amazon Logistics, I think that failure to deliver the promised, paid for, service is a good reason to complain. I have been let down about 5 times in the past few weeks and now feel that they are so unreliable that future deliveries will be sent to the local post office, if possible.
    I couldn't continue using them satisfied in the knowledge that they are "doing their best".
    I don't think that, fundamentally, we disagree. I'm as unimpressed with AL as you are.

Could be, of course, that Amazon are deliberately downgrading the home delivery service to such an extent that people opt for other (cheaper) types of delivery, such as the Post Office.
  • AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    Not sure what's up with the Amazon estimated delivery system, but it seems well off. For example at the time of posting;

6VfcebE.png

Usually this would be next day delivery (Tomorrow - Saturday). Not sure what they're doing here, but I suspect it may have something to do with black Friday? Very annoying and off putting for those with Prime such as myself (what am I paying for again?, 3 days is certainly not next day delivery.).

In any case, after a horrendous start with Prime, I'm pleased to announce that they seem to have gotten their act together, I've made 3 more orders (or rather orders on behalf of family members) which have all come within the agreed times without any delay/issue).

I've also noticed that Prime deliveries with AL are starting to arrive at a more reasonable time, i.e. the last delivery today was made at 10:30 am (rather than 7 pm at night which I was previously seeing).

Therefore I'm going to continue ordering with them for the time being and see how it goes as they certainly seem to be turning things around, after a miserable start of 4 failed next day deliveries one after the other.
  • Just had a similar problem with Amazon logistics, parcel was due to be delivered yesterday, so had the tracking on my tablet and kept hitting refresh when I was near my tablet, anyway refreshed and got the message "Parcel was handed to resident, The parcel was delivered to M
    --- Status: Delivered." god only knows were my parcel has gone, it was a gift, which I now don't have, very angry with AL
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    After all my small items have been sent AL (no problems) not a surprise to see my bulk item usually sent DPD has been sent AL.

Such a shame, these 12 hour+ delivery slots are so old fashioned now, even Hermes last time gave me a 4 hour slot. And going from a 1 hour to 12+ hour slot is even worse.

With the likes of Argos doing same day and even a cheap courier giving out small slots, I hope dinosaur firms like AL soon follow suit.
  • Doc_N
    Just had a similar problem with Amazon logistics, parcel was due to be delivered yesterday, so had the tracking on my tablet and kept hitting refresh when I was near my tablet, anyway refreshed and got the message "Parcel was handed to resident, The parcel was delivered to M
    --- Status: Delivered." god only knows were my parcel has gone, it was a gift, which I now don't have, very angry with AL

Not somewhere in the garden, is it? Delivery today said much the same thing - it was left on the patio.
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    Not somewhere in the garden, is it? Delivery today said much the same thing - it was left on the patio.

We had a parcel "delivered" by Amazon Logistics and after hunting high and low for it, we eventually found it in one of the recycling bins!!?

There must be logic there somewhere? ;) :cool:
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I order some wine about 2 weeks back and it was not delivered to me or my neighbour. (The wine is actually a present for the neighbour who takes in all my parcels when I'm not in.)

Anyway the tracking information showed it as delivered but digging deeper there is no information on the delivery. I then spoke to a couple of friends' who also get deliveries from Amazon Logistics in Weybridge. Like me their parcels have suddenly gone missing.

So getting cross with this I email Jeff at Amazon and complained that my parcel hadn't been delivered but the tracking information was incorrect.

As a result I got a phone call from the head office in Ireland and they have been trying to sort out the issue out. The wine hasn't been delivered yet but they are well aware that they have lots of issues. (I have been given vouchers as a result.)

So if your parcels are going missing and the delivery is by Amazon Logistics email the head guy. Amazon Logistics will only change when the top people know that parcel are going missing and as a result they are losing sales.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • olly300 wrote: »
    I order some wine about 2 weeks back and it was not delivered to me or my neighbour. (The wine is actually a present for the neighbour who takes in all my parcels when I'm not in.)

Anyway the tracking information showed it as delivered but digging deeper there is no information on the delivery. I then spoke to a couple of friends' who also get deliveries from Amazon Logistics in Weybridge. Like me their parcels have suddenly gone missing.

So getting cross with this I email Jeff at Amazon and complained that my parcel hadn't been delivered but the tracking information was incorrect.

As a result I got a phone call from the head office in Ireland and they have been trying to sort out the issue out. The wine hasn't been delivered yet but they are well aware that they have lots of issues. (I have been given vouchers as a result.)

So if your parcels are going missing and the delivery is by Amazon Logistics email the head guy. Amazon Logistics will only change when the top people know that parcel are going missing and as a result they are losing sales.

Olly do you have a email for the top people in Amazon and I'll send one off, as not only is my parcel missing I'm a little concerned that some one has my personal information which will have been on the invoice/recipt
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback