Roamler

Comments

• dragilex
    dragilex Posts: 61 Forumite
    You can cash out at any time but below £20 you get charged 2% fee. Cashes out to paypal. Just try and register, your area might not need an invite. I didn't.
  • I can't get the app installed - it says my device is not compatible (I am using a Galaxy S2 - it's a hand-me-down and all new to me!). Is anyone else having problems or it is me doing something wrong???
  • If I do this I am going to have to upgrade to a Smartphone, wondering which one would be the best one to have to make sure the app works. Any recommendations would be great. Live in Sutton, so don't know if I would need an invite or not.

Thanks
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you get an iPhone you can use Field Agent as well, only works on iPhone. Similar to Roamler but more tasks (in my experience).

I've been using Roamler for a week now and done around a dozen tasks, most of which have been free as I am still level 1. I've earned the princely sum of £2 but not cashed out yet!

However, it does look like it has some potential once you get your level up a bit so I'll give it a big longer.

One big problem is you can only do limited numbers of tasks until your level goes up.

For example, there was a group of level 1 paid tasks in a town centre not far from my daily commute, so I stopped by thinking I could do all 3 jobs in the area but once I'd done the first one, the other two disappeared. At level 1 you can only do one task from a group.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • raphanius
    raphanius Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    roamler crashes my sony xperia L
    Wins: 2008: £606.10 2009: £806.24 2010: £713.47 2011: 328.32
  • dragilex
    dragilex Posts: 61 Forumite
    At the moment I'm finding the variety of nearby tasks extremely limited. If I went to a load of bars and ordered drinks I'm not gonna drink just to check if they're the perfect pint I could earn quite a bit, other than that tasks are 10+ miles away. The forst banana task is just a test, you can only do one of that, the other paid tasks you can do as many as required no matter what level but youcan only accept one at a time at the lower levels.
  • Anyone tell me if this is worth the hassle?

When taking the photos do you have to do it live or can I take photos and then upload when home and using wifi??
  • You need to do it live - you can't take off the camera roll.

Yes it is worth it, you can earn a LOT of money for not much time regularly every week.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You need to do it live - you can't take off the camera roll.

Yes it is worth it, you can earn a LOT of money for not much time regularly every week.

Emphasis on the word CAN - not seen that so far myself but only 2 weeks in. It has potential and I will persevere, no paid jobs for me within 30 miles for level 2 currently.

Also what would you consider a LOT of money?
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I try and do £25 a week in flowers so £25 x 52 brings in at least £1300 without even doing any other type of task for Roamler.

All good until someone else comes along who lives closer to where the visits are and swipes them every week before you even wake up!

I've emailed the team and inbox'd them, and the reply I received was more or less "tought !!!!!". I asked if they would put the flower visits on rotation, so if you did them one week you would not be able to do them the next week, and the response was "no".

It was an OK application to start off with but it's more a waste of time now. I will PayPal my earnings and then uninstall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure