Petition to take the final brexit deal back to the people

This is now just short of the 100,00 figure. Getting it up to 100,000 before TM speaks in Florence would be very newsworthy.

Anyone concerned about the people having the final say should sign. Give this legs, as they say.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200004
'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
"Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
Betty Boothroyd

Comments

• robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Just accept the verdict.

What happens if this does "get legs" ??
    The EU just make the deal as shockingly bad as possible on purpose ..

Please .. Just give it a rest
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Would this be a petition in line with the Lib Dems rather moronic and cynical suggestion for similar?

Lib Dems think give the people a choice with 2 options:
    Accept the inevitably !!!! deal the EU offer.
    OR
    Stay in
    Rather pathetically cynical attempt to circumvent the democratic will of the people.

How about add a logical third option?
    Tell the EU to just !!!! off and leave anyway. Thats what any petition should include.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Just accept the verdict.

What happens if this does "get legs" ??
    The EU just make the deal as shockingly bad as possible on purpose ..

Please .. Just give it a rest

That's pretty much a certainty. Our government have made us a laughing stock. Weak and wobbly was never more apt.

(I'm entirely accepting of the leave decision. Doesn't mean I can't still think it worthy of ridicule.)
  • No.

We need to get on with it, get the best deal we can, and get out so we can start working outside of the protectionist megalith that wants to take over the world.

You only have to look at the countries that want to join the eu to realise that most countries see it as a never ending pot of money. Can you honestly see any of the following countries actually contributing?

Albania.
    Bosnia and Herzegovina.
    Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
    Kosovo*
    Montenegro.
    Serbia.
    Turkey.

If the eu continues on its current track then it will crash big time.

For me it is a case of Germany trying to do what it could not do in the 1940s by the back door. They have always wanted to take over the world and they are now managing to do so, they have far too much influence within the eu.

So no, we will not go back to the people and say we will happily rejoin the eu as they would probably use the chance to force us to give up our veto, pay far more, and join the eu. All of which are a recipe for disaster.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • MataNui wrote: »
    Rather pathetically cynical attempt to circumvent the democratic will of the people.

Circumventing the democratic will of the people...by listening to the people?

The entire Leave campaign was based on lies that we would be "better off" and that our NHS would have £350 Million per week of extra funding. Now we have a continuation of the cap on overworked NHS staff and a £36 Billion UKP Brexit bung to the European Union, while we gear up to leave. That's going to drive more Brits into poverty and cut public services (that we have all paid for for years).

Martin Lewis could have planned a better Brexit strategy than our government. We should have had an honest and independent cost-vs-benefits study and none of the "Project Fear" propoganda.

If there had been an honest vote to Leave, there wouldn't have been a swing back the other way, because there would have been no Brexit lies to cause a backlash and people would have been prepared to pay the costs and have cuts in their services before the Brexit vote.

We could have had a clean Leave or a clean Remain. Instead the lies have meant that this will drag on for decades. Even if we do leave the EU, you can expect a campaign to go back into the EU by some sort of "Anti-UKIP" organisation.
    Longtime fan of MSE and the good advice given out here. :hello:
    Mostly looking for free and cheap resources for tabletop RPGs.
  • Albania.

I'm sure the UK earns money exporting Norman Wisdom films to Albania. ;)
    Longtime fan of MSE and the good advice given out here. :hello:
    Mostly looking for free and cheap resources for tabletop RPGs.
  • Circumventing the democratic will of the people...by listening to the people?
    And the people said LEAVE . .
    The entire Leave campaign was based on lies
    And remain was based on the truth was it? You've got to be having a laugh
    that we would be "better off" and that our NHS would have £350 Million per week of extra funding. Now we have a continuation of the cap on overworked NHS staff and a £36 Billion UKP Brexit bung to the European Union, while we gear up to leave. That's going to drive more Brits into poverty and cut public services (that we have all paid for for years).

Martin Lewis could have planned a better Brexit strategy than our government. We should have had an honest and independent cost-vs-benefits study and none of the "Project Fear" propoganda.

If there had been an honest vote to Leave, there wouldn't have been a swing back the other way
    There is no 'swing back' just the continuing daily lies of the remoaners
    because there would have been no Brexit lies to cause a backlash and people would have been prepared to pay the costs and have cuts in their services before the Brexit vote.
    Total Horlicks, your continuing to ignore the misinformation of the remainers

We could have had a clean Leave or a clean Remain. Instead the lies have meant that this will drag on for decades.
    All down to the fascist remaiers
    Even if we do leave the EU, you can expect a campaign to go back into the EU by some sort of "Anti-UKIP" organisation.
    That's something you got right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport