Disability premiums?

Im moving into my own house next month and was wondering if I would get any disability premiums? I couldn't get any before as I was staying with my mum but now I will be living alone. If I can get them do I just phone the job centre or will they know when I move?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Dion91 wrote: »
    Im moving into my own house next month and was wondering if I would get any disability premiums? I couldn't get any before as I was staying with my mum but now I will be living alone. If I can get them do I just phone the job centre or will they know when I move?
    You would need to give us more information. What benefits do you currently recieve?
  • Dion91
    Dion91 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I get ESA work group and PIP standard for daily living and mobility that's it the now but since I'm getting my own flat I have put in for housing benefit
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Dion91 wrote: »
    I get ESA work group and PIP standard for daily living and mobility that's it the now but since I'm getting my own flat I have put in for housing benefit
    If it's Income Related ESA and no one claims CA for you then you maybe eligable for (SDP) Servere Disability Premium. If it's Contribution Based then premiums aren't paid with this, unless you get an Income based topup.
  • Dion91
    Dion91 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yea it's income related and no one gets CA for me
  • If no one cares for you then you will get SDP which is due to your standard care pip, it's paid in with your ESA.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You will need to telephone and tell them of a change of circumstances. You will probably be sent a form to complete and then you can ask for it to be backdated to the date you moved in to your own place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure