Aiming to have £5000 by March 2017

Hi Guys,

So here's a little about me, I joined these forums 8 years ago with unmamangable debt. This debt is cleared and I've managed to stay debt free. :j
In July we bought our first home, which we love but we would like to build a workshop. It's my partners dream- so our aim is to raise £5000 by March 2017.
So far we have £1873.48 in savings- this is in an ISA but I will be moving it into a Nationwide 5% current account.
We are due £1800 insurance payout and £150 for switch his account to the co op- but wont count these until we have them!
I start training for my new job on Monday so will have some overtime whilst training and free breakfast/Dinner and hotel stay.

any tips on how to get this money will be greatly appriciated :money:
Lilly
Debt free date 23rd march 2009 🥳Autism is my super power 🏳️🌈 🌈✨

Comments

• If you need around 1400.00 by the looks of your post above I would look at anything you can save spending on more so your OH seeing as he wants the workshop, Not saying that you don't help but suggest ways he can help it happen quicker ie:- no pub night, no takeaway or no clothe shopping for him, If you look at the fact that you took less than a year to pay a debt of almost 5000 this shows that you can save easy enough.
  • I would reccommend matched betting, you would definately reach your target by doing that.
    Stay at home mum and blogger who loves to earn money online! :)
  • paddyposh
    paddyposh Posts: 411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    charlishae wrote: »
    I would reccommend matched betting, you would definately reach your target by doing that.

What is a good starting pot to start MB with?
  • paddyposh wrote: »
    What is a good starting pot to start MB with?

Google Profit Accumulator and sign up for their free trial, they have training videos which shows you what to do step by step.
    Stay at home mum and blogger who loves to earn money online! :)
  • paddyposh
    paddyposh Posts: 411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    charlishae wrote: »
    Google Profit Accumulator and sign up for their free trial, they have training videos which shows you what to do step by step.

Thank you :)
  • lilly81
    lilly81 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I will look into match betting.
    Have just applied for a first direct account for me- I hope I get accepted :o
    any more tips would be greatly appriciated :money:
    Debt free date 23rd march 2009 🥳Autism is my super power 🏳️🌈 🌈✨
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family