Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Bottle top & other convert to ca£h scemes?

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    http://www.gdba.org.uk/index.php?id=2696

Guide dogs for the blind take all manner of stuff, inc broken mobiles, broken costume jewelry and we keep from our company - spare keys ( we are a property company)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • adsa
    adsa Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi there,
    I know of someone who is trying to collect as many milk bottle caps as possible for a wheelchair. I have noticed some people have caps they are trying to get rid of, but as we are in London the post really isnt worth the value of the caps.

Does anyone have caps that could be collected in London?

Of course if you do we can give you information about the purpose so that you know we have a valid reason.

Thanks,
    ads
  • Hi Does anyone know of any charities in the North East of England that collects bottle tops , I started with Whizz kids but they have now reached target . Thanks
  • oldtoolie
    oldtoolie Posts: 750 Forumite
    There are a number of plastic recyclers in the country who will take bottle tops. However they only pay about 5p per kilogram. So this is not a way to make a big difference to your favourite charity.
  • stevief
    stevief Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This website of G.H.S Recycling Ltd puports to recylce plastic milk bottle tops and donate the proceeds (£25 for 500kg) to charity.

Can anyone definitely confirm that this is 100% genuine?

GHSRecyclingLtd

dot co dot uk

Thanks
    Steve
    :confused:
  • G H S Recycling looks ok web site checks out and company number is listed (UK Limited Company, (Company number: 381099829)

they only collect from their local area which could be a problem for some
  • poppett
    poppett Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Years ago I collected bottle tops for a friend of mine who know a lady with a disabled daughter. A charity was going to provide the daughter with a new wheelchair if peope could collect the girls body weight in bottle tops. Last week a work colleague asked us if we would collect milk bottle tops for her charity but she didnt want any other tops. It got me thinking....does anyone know of any charity that would accept any bottle tops, pop, milk etc?

Also I'd like to know which charities collect used postage stamps? I just want to do my bit save it all going in the bin.
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
  • fengirl_2
    fengirl_2 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find this extremely bad form - to say that someone can only get a wheelchair if they collect their weight in bottle tops? I wonder how the Charity Commission would view this under the publc benefit rule?
    £705,000 raised by client groups in the past 18 mths :beer:
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Local British Legion branches are always grateful for used postage stamps.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • could you give me more information about this charity? as i know a child that is in desperate need of a wheelchair and i have 5 black bags full of plastic bottle tops.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure