PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• NannyJanny
    NannyJanny Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    I love your hats. Wish I could wear them. But Benny from Crossroads (showing my age) comes to mind when I put on any hat. Have to be content with churning them out for gd 1 and 2.

Have been reading old threads, and as a result pottered over to Ravelry. Then discovered I had already joined (and not done anything on there). Can you post photos in Ravelry straight away? I tried on here (having successfully got them onto Photobucket) and couldn't upload links because I was a newbie.

What a wonderful compliment at my age!
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NannyJanny wrote: »
    I love your hats. Wish I could wear them. But Benny from Crossroads (showing my age) comes to mind when I put on any hat. Have to be content with churning them out for gd 1 and 2.

Have been reading old threads, and as a result pottered over to Ravelry. Then discovered I had already joined (and not done anything on there). Can you post photos in Ravelry straight away? I tried on here (having successfully got them onto Photobucket) and couldn't upload links because I was a newbie.

What a wonderful compliment at my age!

Yes you can add projects and photos straight away. What is your name on there ?
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• NannyJanny
    Options
    I'm rateofknots. Don't expect any photos in the next five minutes, but I will play and have a go!

NJ
  • cuddles123
    cuddles123 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Options
    Hi NannyJanny - just seen you over there and looked at your pics - fantastic!

We need more MSEers over there as I feel like I'm talking to myself!

I also joined ages ago but found the site huge and confusing. Have gone back and found the Forums, but most people seem to be in the USA - so so quiet periods during the day.
    :oJack of all trades ... Master of none :o
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cuddles123 wrote: »
    Hi NannyJanny - just seen you over there and looked at your pics - fantastic!

We need more MSEers over there as I feel like I'm talking to myself!

I also joined ages ago but found the site huge and confusing. Have gone back and found the Forums, but most people seem to be in the USA - so so quiet periods during the day.

cuddles what is your name over there ? I am same name as here.
    ETA Just found you lol....I recognised the mug warmer!
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• NannyJanny
    Options
    Afternoon Cuddles,

As you say, bit lonely on the Ravelry side. Took the whole morning to get things on there, but feeling quite pleased with myself. Wouldn't have bothered if I could have got my photos on here to show work. Trouble is, takes up valuable knitting time. OH understands if he sees loads of knitting done, but I'm a bit behind schedule today! Bit weird to get a thumbs up from someone in japan, in a nice way.

How are the dpns going? I had a picture of you trapped in the sofa by your pins, you sounded so flummoxed. It does get more fluent with time.

NJ
  • cuddles123
    Options
    Hi,

I have managed to transfer to the DPNs I borrowed.
    Somehow I seem to be knitting backwards though, as if I knitted the way I wanted I ended up with P stitches instead of K :eek:

So I am knitting clockwise around the outside (right side) of hat.
    Find I'm knitting tightly because I'm nervous though :o
  • NannyJanny
    Options
    Clockwise with the right side facing out is good. What can happen when you're on the first few rows, is that you pick it up to knit and it has flipped "inside out" as it were. Yes, you've guessed I've been there when I started dpns. Just flip it back.
    NJ
  • cuddles123
    Options
    Well I managed it :j:j:j

Not easy, but not as difficult as I imagined either :p

Just taking a pic and trying to work out how to put my first project on Ravelry.
    Can I put projects on retrospectively?
  • cuddles123
    Options
    Here we go - my first project on circulars and DPNs

100_7077.jpg
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing