Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bikertov wrote: »
    So what do you lot think about this one:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/electric-toothbrushes/oralb-pro-2000-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush/910001417217

Oral B Electric toothbrush - £70.00 in A and £30.00 in T

A genuine price, no glitch, leading to a potential £43.00 APG.

I am looking at buying 2 of them (a genuine purchase), so a possible £83.00 APG.

What do you think the trouts will say to that ?
    MKS wrote: »
    TOral-B Pro 2000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

This one worked on an online shop.
    https://groceries.asda.com/product/electric-toothbrushes/oralb-pro-2000-pink-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush/910002031473
    Would be an £86 apg

Thanks to everyone for the comments - MKS, nice to see you posting. I remember you from a few years back, early Elite days.

So, I took the plunge but wasn't brave enough to buy 2 of them. Got it in store, not online or C&C

1x Oral-B Pro 2000 Pink Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (each) £70.00 £30.00

So a nice APG of just under £50, as I got a few small gift sets to make up some Xmas pressies ;)

I will have fun spending it ... but may be not in my usual store (as opposed to my local) as they hate me there, tried to call the police on me a while back for wombling.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:19AM
    gocat wrote: »
    Anyone found the elusive yogs in a A's that previously didnt have them if you see what I mean :D
    Or have you been to A's. Didnt have the christmas yogs but went a 2nd time and they had them.
    Wondering if its worth doing the rounds of A's again to see if they now have them in stock.
    tia :)

The Cadbury Swiss Gateau has finally appeared in one of my Ms today (fwiw). And the Pork Rind that I was picking up from only one store each time (I've been confined to my nearby stores recently - would surely have picked it up from 4 or 5 others if I was going out elsewhere) was sold out there and didn't have price on the SEL today. However, today is the day that it has appeared at my other store, first time I've had it there for ages:rotfl:.

Just shows how things come and go at various Ms - and surely the same is true of any chain of supermarkets?

I had Savers white bread present in one and lost from two others (as in no trace and no SEL) on Wednesday. On Friday, it was completely absent from the store that had it two days before (no location for it on the shelving - stock of others obviously moved around and no SEL - so completely not there not even OOS but with a SEL to indicate it had been there). That day, it was now in stock with SEL in one of the other stores that hadn't had it last time. Now, two days on, it's back, with SEL in the first store (that didn't have it Friday).

I have also had to decamp to store number 2 today to pick up the Savers chocolate bars. Completely absent from the first store:rotfl::rotfl:. By that, I mean no products, no SELs - not a SEL and an OOS notice that I can deal with (even if occasionally a bit dodgy). That is unusual, for them to be complete no trace - they're been consistently there for months on days/times when I've been there at any rate - first time I've had them (both of them, let alone one of them) as a carryover item I think. Maybe didn't have them once before, in over five years, when I started at a small store. They were moving the shelves in the chocolate aisle around and it seemed to me getting a few Christmas items onto the shelves - obviously people want branded chocolate at Christmas and aren't bothered in Savers:rotfl:. There's no indication, but I would not know, that there is any wider absence of Savers Chocolate from lots of Ms - I had no problem in the second place and I can't imagine a reasonable set of stores, such as the APG arguably has, failing to have them anywhere at all - no indication that they will be dropping off (as in the M price going N/A through no trace in any of the collection stores) and SP Chocolate Bars should keep their M comparison.
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:21AM
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    Was this all in one shop?

Yes,target AvM, other filler was a carrot :D
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Wrong one,(it works) as it picks up the mbuy on the original bill, unless your store wasn't displaying the mbuy on its shelf across Chomp and Curly Wurly and another store was not available to you. In that circumstance buying the flashed one is the best you can do in such a store as if you get the other you will pay full price and have no argument for anything less. Otherwise the wrong one, that I've bought twice:(.(:rotfl:)

I wanted it to pick up the multi buy :cool: :rotfl:
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:06AM
    Alright, people have had enough time to post to tell me I am wrong and show me up to embarrassment:o:o. I actually expect people to do so:eek::rotfl:.
    midwinter wrote: »
    This is irrelevant now really, as 342 on shower gel has ended in A, but:

2x Palmolive Aroma Moments So Vibrant Pearly Shower Gel (250ml) £3.00 N/A
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    :(What a shame, as M has just put one (and as far as I know so far, only one) of the Aroma Moments (not this one) onto £1. Is the 3 for 2 off on the Palmolive Gourmets as well now? TIA.

As was common knowledge to everyone apart from me, the last to know again, M have at least two versions, including this one, on £1 today, according to the SELs in my third store. It makes me wonder whether the others are also on £1. I might have each store reveal them to me, one at a time and a different one in each:rotfl:. However, I do not need to check as they are not in the 3 for 2 in A anymore.

Switching stores, according to my SELs in A now, which did show 3 for 2s before and I am reliant on that, the toothpastes are no longer in the 3 for 2:( - as everyone except myself again would probably have known for days, if not weeks, already:rotfl:. The Palmolive Gourmets aren't in the 3 for 2 either, or the Grecian 2000 it seems. I will remove the toothpastes and Grecian 2000 from the M list, as those are currently still on it.

In a sense I was right though - M had (according to my SEL) put one of the Aromas onto £1, although it now turns out that (according to a SEL again) it has also put at least one other, onto £1 as well. I was simply referring to "not this one" as in relation to the one I had seen, which wasn't So Vibrant, and I didn't want to give potentially incorrect information that that had gone onto £1 if it had not. It turns out, apparently though, it also has. I didn't know that it had (as, yet again, rightly stated:p:D:rotfl: in my assertion "as far as I know so far" [my emphasis]), from the information showing in my first two stores. As can be seen, I need my third store:rotfl:.

It is also irrelevant as Gourmets seem no longer on in A - Mint Shake (as far as I again know only - and my three stores are all consistent about that one) has gone to £1 in M:(.

EDIT: I have now looked at what online has.
    Fwiw, it now seems I have reached the right position, after three stores, of having three of the Palmolives, from within Aromas/Gourmets, on £1 in M - Aroma So Sweet, Aroma Vibrant and Gourmet Mint Shake. This is currently exactly the same as online, which has all the others at full price. Hooray, we are on the same page again:D.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:27AM
    frequent wrote: »
    Yes,target AvM, other filler was a carrot :D

I wanted it to pick up the multi buy :cool: :rotfl:

:eek:

But not wanted it to pick up the mbuy on the APG comp. surely? I know what you mean. I'm also happier that I had originally happened, by chance, to pick one of the "wrong" (or right?) ones - the flashed one - on my first shop, as it would have really thrown me if the mbuy had not come off unexpectedly. If I had been through a till, or maybe even SS, I would probably not have checked my receipt if I was just paying with card or card. It would have become apparent when I was paying with APGs when they seemingly did not deduct the right amount but left about 70p, or whatever the 'overcharge' works to, to pay. At that stage it would have been hard to work out, without having yet paid fully and therefore not having the receipt in front of me to look at, if I hadn't seen the fifth chocolate deduct from the bill - I scanned them out of order, not all together, too so I might not have seen what the bill was doing. The shop would not have worked for me if I had picked up the "right" one, as I think it would have left me flustered and messing around on a bad shop that has 'failed' (left me with money to pay after APG when I did not already know that this was going to happen), with me in the store already pushed for time and having had to get to and still to get back from A in probably raining weather if I remember rightly. I am glad it "worked" (although it did not) as expected:cool:. Glad I got the overcharge one, and the GC, once I knew - and was prepared for - what would happen:rotfl::T:money:.

Think of all the people that happen to pick up one chomp rather than the other and, either pick 5 of the unflashed chomps alone or mix this 'full price' version with four items (same or different) within the 5 for £1 offer and don't realise that they aren't being charged the mbuy price (because of some glitch in the system - there is no suggestion that anything deliberate is going on, I think this BC version just simply, in error, hasn't been put into the offer).
  • davemorton wrote: »
    A fine choice. Blackwoods Vintage is my favourite gin. Neat, it just evaporates on your tongue, leaving the botanicals behind, mmmm.

blackwoods-superior-vintage-dry-gin_large.png

Blackwoods is on offer on Amazon, it has been a few pounds cheaper in the past but this is still a good price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0043A17VE/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:50AM
    Oh. I don't know why talk of a carrot above, via thinking of whether the 35p carrots & swede pack (N/A vs M and a filler versus everywhere I believe except W) would be better, has made me think about milk.

M's standard 6 pint milks have now, it seems according to my SEL:rotfl: [EDIT: and according to online as well so that seems correct:T], gone down to £1.50 each - obviously not back to where they were before they went up - so they might compare against everywhere at £1.50 "soon" (give it at least two days to be 'sure':rotfl:) rather than somewhat worse vs M (but still not 10%). IIRC, M had been the first to put up prices on milk - the others followed but M obviously, it now seems, had put its price up a bit more than the others followed and, probably or possibly seeing that those have not gone as high and seeing that its competitors were offering a better price to customers, M has taken its prices down to £1.50.

So, hooray, 6 pint milks will return to the M list - even though the price has risen but only by about a net 2p each in A's competitors of late - as M is now the same price as all of A's APG competitors and they are now all therefore the "best" (equal-best) competitors to compare to. However, if you see reduced price milk in A near to its UB date for instance, then keep that away from the APG as it won't work too well, unless your 'reduction' is lower than 14p; in other words your milk costs £1.35 or more even on its "reduced" price:eek::(::rotfl:.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    tornado wrote: »
    davemorton wrote: »
    A fine choice. Blackwoods Vintage is my favourite gin. Neat, it just evaporates on your tongue, leaving the botanicals behind, mmmm.

blackwoods-superior-vintage-dry-gin_large.png

:beer: Thats a cracking price for it.

Blackwoods is on offer on Amazon, it has been a few pounds cheaper in the past but this is still a good price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0043A17VE/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    as it looks at the moment

ending today

nutri.png

should give an apg of £1.88 v sainsbug for every 2, making them £1.62 for 2 = 81p each

as you know prices may change on the morning update
  • Savvybuyer
    It was not the first store where the time was spent, on a largely static day in M when not many offers were expected to have expired in the first place (even though one of them, on all the Aussies, was a very significant expiry) - instead it was the second and third stores, sorting out the queries that arose after the first! Sometimes telling me something different to my first store and then that having to be sorted out:rotfl:.

I am going to be putting an item back onto the list that I now think I wrongly removed either last week or the week before, as it is still on the offer price. Two offer stores previously had gone to full price - a different full price in each:rotfl: - causing me to think, whatever price it now was, it wasn't offer price anymore. That may have been wrong, unless the item has gone back onto offer only now. On seeing the offer price still up, I have scanned it at SS - and it is offer price.

I have also scanned each of those flash wipes packs and each of them is £1. However, I would still not try either of them on the APG after the update after this:rotfl:. My third store, the same as both the previous two, had £1 prices on display on each of them which, under normal circumstances, would leave me satisfied at that point that that was their price. However, due to online showing full price on one of them, I was still not trusting a set of £1s again. My companion took one of them to the till and, according to them, was told that they are £2. I then took the item from them and scanned it at the SS and - sure enough, £2 - £1 = £1! I also managed to scan, separately, the other flavour - fortunately at a time when there was a changeover of SAs at the SS within minutes of my first scan.

Each of them is clear £1 and the £2 price online on antibac. (that is currently comparing, I believe correctly, against £1 on the APG) is not the instore price as at yesterday.

However, despite my checks of SELs for other items, I have still managed to come away, after being satisfied about the prices I was seeing displayed instore, with a price I now think is wrong. I am still getting the offer price for a product, that was due to have expired, in all three stores but I now don't think it is offer price and online has full price. However, then again, it could be the same as the antibac. wipes. It will therefore have to be doubtful until Wednesday when, hopefully, I will have more stores. Yesterday was supposed to be a minor day in M and I didn't have many stores to do wide and full, but there are lots of offers expected to have expired by Wednesday and I am hoping to have a full and proper check across more stores than yesterday, so be prepared for a big glitch in A to start bang on cue:(:rotfl:.

I now have what I have from Monday to update all through today to prepare for Wednesday. There's also a problem on a small number of items it seems with more people shopping at this time of year - if anything is good and is noticed by the muggles, then people are buying it out of my stores and I am losing a few items completely:(. It seems to be affecting some of the alcohol products - I had Stella 10x330ml pack last time that appeared only that day in one of my stores saying £5. Not v.good really as it's 330ml cans rather than 440ml:rotfl: - I may well just fudge it and get rid! I would imagine it is still £5 - of course it could have changed without my knowledge of it. Well, what a brief transitory appearance that product made for me:(. There it was, grinning at me, like a Cheshire Cat that has now just vanished again. Obviously, some place it is still around and has probably just arrived into - been restocked at - some place where it wasn't before. I shall have another go with, hopefully, six stores on Wednesday (some of them, I am having to use the same ones though, so maybe my chances gone:( - or maybe not as other items, as I mentioned, have gone and come back again). Instead, Monday's third store added some items I didn't have in the first two and I am happy to have seen another item again that I hadn't seen for a couple of weeks and obviously still there in M at usual price and it seems I was right again to keep it untouched on my list:rotfl:!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure