IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking ticket with wrong year on it

Hi on Sunday I recieved a parking ticket from a private car park. There was nowhere to park at the supermarket and it was closing in 30mins so I parked round the corner where the carpark is private for a shop that's there but the shop was shut like it is every Sunday and it's free parking Sunday where I am so I didn't think it was that bad. Was literally gone for 10mins came back and found a ticket on my car. The yellow ticket said PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE but the slip inside says PARKING CHARGE NOTICE 🤔 Anyhow while reading the ticket I noticed they had not put the colour of my vehicle they had not signed it and have put the complete wrong year so instead of it saying 16/10/16 it says 16/10/11 but the 11 at the end looks more like a 1. Should I ignore this or appeal it on the mistake

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    hi and welcome to the forum ....

neither .... its a trick to make you ring them ... so that they can get details from you :eek:

do not ignore

please read

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

who is the PPC ?

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Hi thanks for your reply. It's from cascade financial who trade under a different name I think. It's says there park of BPA and I think they took a photo of my vehicle. On there website it says that the residents should upload a photo of the vehicle and if the parking ticket is paid they get £12
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    They are IPC members.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES to learn how this dodgy unregulated industry works. Normally you are advised to appeal a windscreen ticket just before the appeal deadline.
    However, the information on a NTK must mirror the NTD, so I think you should wait to see if you get a notice to keeper to see if it is different to the windscreen ticket.

Hopefully some of the more experienced posters can advise.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • What if the NTK is different than the windscreen ticket? So what if the NTK has the right date on it so 16/10/16 other than the windscreen ticket that says 16/10/11?
  • Fruitcake
    edited 18 October 2016 at 8:02PM
    Misspayne2 wrote: »
    What if the NTK is different than the windscreen ticket? So what if the NTK has the right date on it so 16/10/16 other than the windscreen ticket that says 16/10/11?

I believe the NTK must mirror the details on the NTD. I think this may be a POFA 2012 requirement so I suggest you familiarise yourself with the relevant parts concerning the two notices.

One of the more experienced regulars may be able to help you with this.

eta

Thinking about this, you have a golden ticket. The date on the NTD is pre POFA 2012. If you get a NTK with the correct date, it will automatically be non POFA compliant because it has to arrive between day 28 and 56 starting the day after the alleged event.
    Lock that NTD in a fireproof safe as you have proof that the PPC have failed to transfer liability to the keeper because: -
    1) The alleged event is pre-POFA 2012 when there was no keeper liability.
    2) The NTK will be non POFA 2012 compliant as it will arrive after the 28-56 day window.

Wait for the NTK then complain to the DVLA about this.

At no point mention when you received the NTD. Did you just find it in the driver's bedroom bedside table during a clearout, or in the glovebox of the car?

How old is the car by the way, not that a car made after 2011 will affect your chances of winning?
  • Fruitcake
    edited 18 October 2016 at 8:02PM
    You should also photograph the plastic wrapper the ticket came in and complain to the DVLA that the PPC are trying to obtain money by deception as they are trying to fool you into thinking this is a penalty. That's a misrepresentation of authority.
  • Cascade Financial Ltd t/a National Parking Control - a bunch of rank amateurs that jumped ship from the BPA to the IPC in January this year.

They operate a self-ticketing scheme by providing landholders with DIY packs to issue their own windscreen PCNs (earning a £12 bounty for every PCN paid).

Based on what you have described, it looks like this particular landholder may be using out-of-date material. Is the reference to the BPA in the form of a rectangular logo or a roundel (signifying BPA approved operator status)? It would be very naughty of them to be claiming BPA accreditation nearly nine months after this lapsed. The "Penalty Charge Notice" yellow envelope is a also big no-no - keep this safe as evidence.

The landholder's DIY signage may also be out of date. It'll be worthwhile getting some photographs of the signs as evidence.

Build up your arsenal so that you can inflict pain on this IPC bottom-feeder in return for the hassle that you can expect to receive from them.
  • Yes in the top right hand corner it says BPA then a round circle saying approved operated and BPA in the middle of it. The car is 59plate. We bought it this year so wasn't even the registered keeper in 2011 �� the dates on the ticket are practically different aswell ISSUE DATE 16/10/11 CONTRAVENTION DATE 16/11/11 but they then tried to change the 11th Month to 10. The shop who are supposed to give the tickets were shut I got it from someone who lives above it who parks his car there
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    complaints to gladstones will not work , however a scan/photo of their letter and the envelope will get them a *ollocking , also forward the same to the DVLA , that envelope is very naughty , [EMAIL="David.Dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk"]David.Dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Fruitcake
    Misspayne2 wrote: »
    Yes in the top right hand corner it says BPA then a round circle saying approved operated and BPA in the middle of it. The car is 59plate. We bought it this year so wasn't even the registered keeper in 2011 �� the dates on the ticket are practically different aswell ISSUE DATE 16/10/11 CONTRAVENTION DATE 16/11/11 but they then tried to change the 11th Month to 10. The shop who are supposed to give the tickets were shut I got it from someone who lives above it who parks his car there

Great, so the car existed and was registered before the date of the alleged event in 2011. Since you have a NTD from a reputable company, you must therefore believe that it is a genuine ticket from 2011. How you came to be in possession of a pre POFA ticket is irrelevant. It could well have been in the glove box when you bought the car. Lucky you.

If you get a NTK, check the number against the NTD to see if it is the same. If it is, fire off complaints to the DVLA that the PPC had no business obtaining keeper details for an event that allegedly happened in 2011 when you did not own the car. Send them copies of both tickets as proof.
    If it is different, fire off a complaint to the DVLA that you didn't receive a windscreen ticket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business