Battling Debt and Mental Illness — and (hopefully) Winning!

Comments

• Hope you're doing ok ABA - thinking of you. Just keep going - small steps. :D
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,871
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi ABA, noticed you've not posted for a few days, hope all is ok with you.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • Thanks guys :) Just feel really depressed atm. Nothing has happened; I can't motivate myself to do much and my attempts to sell stuff have gained no interest. I'm still stressed about the Working Links situation, even though my mum says she will deal with them. I feel like a massive burden on my parents.

Still using the lamp and making it out with the dogs most days. Not done any writing. Reading a little, but too little. Made Xmas puddings yesterday. 52p away from being able to claim a £15 Amazon voucher on VO. SBing okay but not great. All very boring and depressing!
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • misstara
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so down at the moment ABA - sending hugs, hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10527.15/£15000 (70.2% saved). Emergency fund - £1356.48/£1500 (90.4% saved).
  • Hey ABA - really glad to hear from you, although less glad to hear that things aren't going so well at the moment.
    I personally think that you should be celebrating the small stuff. I've seen days with my dh where he can't even get out of bed - so on the days where he gets dressed, leaves the house, has a wash etc I make sure that he realises these are achievements because there have been days when they haven't happened.
    Please don't feel bad about your mum. It's what mums do - look after their kids. She will not think that you're being a burden at all - she'll just want to help in whatever way she can.
  • Thanks guys :) I've been reading a little more than I have been posting and your words really help.

Today was a little brighter — it started with shopping! My mum did the Tesco Clubcard boost thing, so I got to spend £30 on clothes instead of using £15 of vouchers to renew my running magazine (which I barely read nowadays). Mum also let me choose some extra to get given for Xmas :D It's the first time I have bought clothes in over 9 months.. I've got a sparkly jumper and black jeans to wear before Xmas, simce I had toget rid of most of my going out clothes because they were size 22/4 and looked ridiculous now I'm an 18. I've also got some Xmassy pyjamas, since I could do with a pair — they have Mickey and Minnie Mouse kissing under mistletoe on the front! For Xmas, I will be getting a smart white top, black trousers and a badly needed bra :)

I spent a bit more cash than intended: a book for me (by a favourite author, in my defence) and one for my brother to go with his retro sweets for Xmas. Plus a few bits of junk food...

On the MSE front, I won 50 points on Luckyphone today and got a £3.25 Anazon card from OpOP. My new Amazon balance is £7.61 :)

Besides that, it's been a quiet day of numbing myself with TV between spells of reading my new book. Hope I start to feel better soon — or just more alive.
  • Sounds like a good day to me :D Out and about and prepping for Christmas. Enjoy. :beer:
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Sounds like progress to me, nice clothes (and more for Christmas) a good book. Some days small victories are all you can get, but sometimes they are enough.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    Forumite
    Glad to hear you're feeling a bit brighter and yay for new clothes :D
  • Thanks guys :)

I spent all of yesterday in my pyjamas... Got dressed today though!

Received £5 Amazon vouchers from SB and Pinecone, plus I found a cheaper water butt, so I have just ordered my parents' Xmas present. That's me done! In theory, anyway. I will probably get the dogs and cat a little something and might get my parents a little extra present from my dog, since I should get some more vouchers within the next couple of weeks. Might also get some vegan sweet treats for myself, though I will also be making stuff for Xmas so might have to rein myself in...

Feel a little better today than yesterday, but still not great. Been trying intermittent fasting: I eat all I want between 12pm and 8pm, but fast for the remaining 16 hours a day. I'm only a few days in, but I think it's curtailing my mindless eating. I should also be eating more healthily, but one change at a time...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family