IPA & NT tax Code

Options
Hello All

After going bankrupt in july last year i had a phone interview with the OR and I was told I was going to be but on a NT tax code until april or until i get a new job which ever comes first.
6 months in and i've paid no tax in the last 6 months. I have put the money i would have paid in tax to one side and it's sitting here if they ask for it.

I've as yet not been entered in to an IPA, this amounts below are from my BR application of what my incoming and out goings are. all figures was worked out by the CAB

Total income £ 1213.33 per month
Salary or wages £1213.33 per month
Net income £ 1213.33 per month
Amount you pay in income tax £ 17.40 per week
Expenses
Total expenses £ 1209.33 per month

With me paying no tax i do have a monthly surpless of around £80 which is only made up form paying no tax. I have nearly £800 of money put to one side as it wouldn't have been mine to spend anyway. If i'm not entered into an IPA before my bankruptcy ends does this mean i will owe the money to the tax office? Or will I have to declare it to the OR as excess income.

Kind Regards

R

Comments

• wonkybutton
    Options
    can anyone advise?
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi the tax you would normally paid goes to the O.R via their representative or I paid mine direct to my trustee via standing order.This amount is different to surplus taken in an I.P.A.
    You could contact your O.R to check this.....or keep quiet until after discharge when no surplus I.P.A can be set up if you think there is a chance of one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure