Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• rainbowfairydust
    Options
    Hi,

Does anyone have a decent recipe for the SW quiche? I've made it in the past and it always went sloppy :-(!

Today is green for me. I've had

HEX A) 250 ml semi
    HEX A) 1oz cheddar
    HEX B) wholemeal roll small - weighed!

I sliced a banana and had a banana sandwich at work - was yummy!

I've also had fruit and a muller Greek style (0.5), and 3 mini meringues - 3 (I think).

Hope everyone is well!x

ETA - am having HM wedges for tea with the grated cheese and maybe some chilli flakes.

What plan are you on today? If you are doing a green then meat is a no-no (unless synned) and i think from previous posts you have already had salmon & broccoli quiche?
    Sleazy wrote: »
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra! :j

Undergrad degree - completed 2018
    Masters degree - completed 2019
  • rainbowfairydust
    Options

I'm going to my friends for takeaway tonight so think will have a grilled chicken kebab.

Meat isnt allowed on green days.

• jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Everyone!! :-D

How is the day going??

Well done Rosie - are you feeling inspired and back on it now? I love your comparison to pacman lol, we all have times like that!!

So far so good for me this week - I am stuffed on 4 ryvita, 2 laughing cow light triangles (meant to get the extra light, whoops!), cucumber, tomatoes, grapes, an apple and a pear (phew.... need a rest now lol), and the great thing is that it is all syn free and in line with the healthy extras! Whoop whoop!

I have a mini pack of smarties on my desk (3.5 syns) if I want them later that is - I never thought I would be able to leave something on my desk and just have it if I fancied it lol, I used to be the kind of person that just ate EVERYTHING because it was there.... so I am a little proud of my relationship with food now - SW has taught me so much and I really, really love it!

Tonight is Covent Garden Leek and Potato soup (I am not good with bread so I am okay there - I have a possible wheat intolerance....) so I may have another few ryvitas if I feel i need something else to go with it :-)

I am not sure on the syn values of the soup, but it is pretty low in calories etc etc so it can't be too bad?

Anyway, enough of my waffle! Let me know how you are doing???

xx
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • jaffa_cake_3
    Options
    Blodwen I wouldn't worry too much, you might be ok coming off it. I'm still waiting after having the implant out in April (after only having it for 6 months)... that's going to be fun!

Just made the syn-free cake with eggs and quark, waiting for it to cool before trying it. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, although I'll be nervous to step on those scales!

Syn free cake?!! Can you share please?? :-) :T xx
    51lb to lose....!
    Lost so far - 18lb :j
    35% of the way there!
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jaffa_cake wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday Everyone!! :-D

How is the day going??

Well done Rosie - are you feeling inspired and back on it now? I love your comparison to pacman lol, we all have times like that!!

So far so good for me this week - I am stuffed on 4 ryvita, 2 laughing cow light triangles (meant to get the extra light, whoops!), cucumber, tomatoes, grapes, an apple and a pear (phew.... need a rest now lol), and the great thing is that it is all syn free and in line with the healthy extras! Whoop whoop!

I have a mini pack of smarties on my desk (3.5 syns) if I want them later that is - I never thought I would be able to leave something on my desk and just have it if I fancied it lol, I used to be the kind of person that just ate EVERYTHING because it was there.... so I am a little proud of my relationship with food now - SW has taught me so much and I really, really love it!

Tonight is Covent Garden Leek and Potato soup (I am not good with bread so I am okay there - I have a possible wheat intolerance....) so I may have another few ryvitas if I feel i need something else to go with it :-)

I am not sure on the syn values of the soup, but it is pretty low in calories etc etc so it can't be too bad?

Anyway, enough of my waffle! Let me know how you are doing???

xx

Jaffa Cake - You sound so enthusiastic and happy with the SW way of eating - it obviously suits you! I found it very hard at first to accept that you could eat so much and still lose weight but it works :T

EE for me today:
    B: Beans on wholemeal toast (HEB), small bowl of mixed fresh fruit
    L: Ham, 3 Mini Babybel Light (HEA), large mixed salad, Shape fat free 'crumble' yogurt
    T: Home-made beefburger (ex. lean mince) with a small wholemeal roll (HEB) with a large mixed salad - I know that is two HEB's but I am maintaining so I think that is OK?
    S & D: Banana, Apple, green tea & maybe an Options hot choc. at bedtime

Have a good day everyone :)
  • oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    Meat isnt allowed on green days.

I was on green yesterday and am on red today hence the chicken kebab tonight - will syn the chips or just not bother. The food I wrote in that previous post (can't multi quote!) was for yest!!

Yest was banana sandwich and then HM wedges for supper.

Today is salmon and broccoli quiche with chicken kebab later.

You can have meat on a green day - as a HEX B - obviously it would need weighing.
  • kandfs_mam
    kandfs_mam Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I'm dipping in and out less frequently than normal - manic at work just now.

WI was a disaster on Monday, 1.5lb on :( serves me right for having a bottle of wine on sat night on top of being away in a hotel with work for 4 nights - you just never know how they cook stuff even if you chose wisely.

Anyhoo, fully focussed for this week - pledged an alcohol & chocolate free week at class and intend to stick to it. Loads of SF for me this week too, I love pears and the conference pears seem to have come down in price a wee bit with them being in season so I'm eating loads of them and satsumas - I love satsumas, they remind me of autumn and halloween but unfortunately they also remind me of monkey nuts and toffee apples ...
    Mortgage Aug 22 £280,000
    Current mortgage  £28,000

• rainbowfairydust
    Options
    I was on green yesterday and am on red today hence the chicken kebab tonight - will syn the chips or just not bother. The food I wrote in that previous post (can't multi quote!) was for yest!!

Yest was banana sandwich and then HM wedges for supper.

Today is salmon and broccoli quiche with chicken kebab later.

You can have meat on a green day - as a HEX B - obviously it would need weighing.

ahh i see. Apologies about that. I am being dense today and not looking at things properly :o

• oopsadaisydoddle
    Options
    ahh i see. Apologies about that. I am being dense today and not looking at things properly :o

No worries, its good of you to point it out. Had I been doing it wrong, at least you'd have made me aware.

The quiche was so filling and yummy although I think I probably overdid the smoked salmon - it's quite salty as well so I've been drinking water like it's going out of fashion.

The smoked salmon cost more than normal too - I normally get sainsbobs basics trimmings for cooking but went to tesco and they didn't have any :-(

Hope everyone is good.x
  • fluff1987
    fluff1987 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    well tonight im going to attempt to make the curry that psycho gave the link to with some boiled rice :D .... although ill probably make it with yoghurt, can anyone explain what quark tastes like? is it along the same lines as philly? (im a little scared to try it in the curry incase it tastes boggin' :rotfl:

shall try and shove different veg in with it, but since its chicken, i dont know what really would suit it lol! dont have time to try the pakoras or the bhajis tonight but if this works out, then i will definately try them very soon :)

today i had a prawn salad sandwich for lunch (HEB) and i have pineapple in my fridge waiting for me when i head home :D.... tonight will be a large fire and a cuppa whilst watching dallas :j
    I'd rather try and fail, than not try and never know :grin:

On the wagon again I go.... royally fell off.... 4.5st (63lb) by June 2016.... LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure