From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Comments

• h007
    h007 Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    aww someone must of taken pity on 'the stray'. this is good, at least she wasnt wondering around scared.

so glad she is back with you and i hope she gets a new home soon too
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    She just decided to make an appearance - avoided the dog and came inot the kitchen where Fred was having a raw drumstick so gave her one too. She loved it. My other lot are not that keen on raw meat....

Chloe is sitting on the kitchen window now hissing at Zara - who is as always wagging her tail to Chloe... No chance for those 2 to be friends, such a shame....

Had 2 people inteested in taking Chloe, bothey both live on my estate so this is too close, she would fnd her way back to me....as she did after being God knows where for so long....

Need someone with no nogs, no more than one other cat too - as Chloe wants HER own human.... The cuddliest one of my 6 cats... she really loves cuddles and scratching and brushing and making fuss of her...
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just a bit of an update......

I have decided to rehome Chloe and she was collected by a lovely couple where she will be the only cat (and no dogs).

Have tried for a long time to get Chloe to get on with Zara but at the end of the day the stress was too much for everyone involved - for Chloe mostly as she was spending most of her time hidden under a bed...

Hope she gets on ok with her new humans and gets spoilt rotten as she deserves to be.

Will miss her like hell as from the 4 I had at home (daughter took 2, Phoebe and Fiona) when she moved out - Chloe is the only proper lap cat purring cuddle seeking head butting for attention machine.

My boys are.. useles... ;)

Hope all goes well for Chloe and her new owners.. fingers crossed will get some updates :)
  • Awwwww gettingready .... ((((hugs)))) I know how difficult it is.....:sad:

It sounds a perfect home for Chloe, where she can be the "only one" and be pampered and spoilt rotten ....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks... feel really crappy as if I failed her my little fluffy butt princess :(

Hope she is happy and settles in well in her new home.....sigh....
  • Fridaycat
    Fridaycat Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Thanks... feel really crappy as if I failed her my little fluffy butt princess :(

Hope she is happy and settles in well in her new home.....sigh....

You haven't failed her, in fact quite the opposite ;) You have done the most selfless thing you could have done and taken her needs into account above those of your own. Well done you.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks - so do I feel so bad?

Missed her purring next to my ear last night... hope she jumped on her new humans bed and purred for them.....
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Got a 75762874362875625 pages long email from Hazel who is Chloe's new human slave.... lovely, absolutely lovely ......looks like Chloe is fine and falling in love with her new human slaves.. she came out from under the sofa and headbutted Hazel for cuddles....waiting for Hazel's permission to quote her email here - you are gonna LOVE it.. the way she writes about chloe.... So sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet and I am so hapyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 October 2011 at 11:12PM
    Ok, I am sure Hazel will not mind... after all there is no personal details but I wanted you all to know how Chloe is doing so......

10.jpg?t=1318975874

Email from Hazel :
    Hi Anna, so sorry its taken me ages to reply.

Thank you sooooo much for the email with all the links in it. Must've taken you ages and its really helpful - thank you! I will get the same litter/food as you have been buying for Chloe so that her routine stays the same as much as possible so that she hopefully settles in easier. That zooplus website might be dangerous for me tho! Sooo many cute things on it - can see myself having to go beg my boss for a payrise soon! emo7.gif I have "bookmarked" the website for, erm, Santa emo25.gif

Chloe update: she stayed under the sofa last night and we just kinda left her to it - didnt want to stress her out by staring/poking her. We made sure she could see her food, water and litter tray from where she was lying just incase she was feeling brave enough to come out and use any of them. I went to bed soon-ish afterwards coz of getting up at 3am.

Left her in the lounge overnight. We weren't sure if she dart out and hide in another part of the house if frightened and didnt want her to get stuck behind a bookcase or anything. Poked my head in at 330am as i was leaving for work. Still under sofa. Didnt look like she'd come out for food/water/loo.

Got home just after 11am (looked thru window, couldn't see her), Patrick had left her some Classic and changed her dry food and water. She was still under sofa right in the corner. Didn't look like she had eaten anything/used loo although the 4 little treats I'd snuck under the sofa last night were gone. Tried lying on my tummy to reach under to stroke her but couldnt reach, tried coaxing her out but no luck. Didnt want to upset her so stopped after a few mins.

Went out to post office.

Came back and still no movement. I moved the sofa out slightly and squashed myself between it and the wall until i could just about reach Chloe underneath. Managed to stroke her slightly for a few mins before getting cramp in my leg (had to squash myself into a strange position!). It did the trick tho as she started purring and then when i stopped she edged forward slightly to headbutt my hand for more cuddles. Worked on this reeeeeeeeally slowly over about 30 mins until she was creeping right to the edge of under the sofa and I was sitting on the floor like a normal human being instead of folding myself into a weird shape! When i put my hand to the edge of the sofa, her little head would pop out for strokes then vanish again! emo1.gif

So, its now been several hours and she has been out from under the sofa for the past 4 hrs or so. When she first came out she just came over to me purring and butting and stayed very close to me, wasnt interested in exploring the rest of the room. Occasionally she pops back under the sofa to lie but a quick call of her name and some finger tapping on the floor gets her purring and out almost immediately. In fact, she was under the sofa chilling out about an hour ago and my mum called me briefly on the phone. As soon as i started talking to her, Chloe came out from under the sofa and jumped up onto my lap and started padding me and purring and looking for cuddles - she must have thought I was talking to her, bless her!

So at the moment she is on the sofa next to me, all curled up, pressed against my leg and head butting me whilst i type or just grooming herself. She hasnt used her litter tray yet which is concerning me slightly. However, she did go and sniff it and went into it then back out so hopefully she knows what it is. She has eaten a tiny amount of dry food but i havent seen her drink anything. Tried giving her new fresh food again but she sniffed then walked off.

I have tried to take some photos of her for you but she wont stay still - keeps headbutting the camera! Such a sweetie emo5.gif

Thank you for the other photos too and for the thread about her. Really nice to get some background on her (and useful tips about dandruff too!) Didnt realise she was feral too - what a difference to the human loving cuddle monster she is now! emo1.gif

Patrick should be coming home soon (plays footy on a tues eve) so I'll be interested in seeing how she reacts when he arrives. He is a big softie. He tries to make out that its me who's the crazy cat lady but he's just as bad! Believe it or not, our communte back from the station is 10 mins longer than it needs to be as we always take the non-direct, long route home which takes us past several neighbourhood cats which we always stop to chat to and stroke. No need to get our kitty fix using other people's cats when we have Chloe waiting for us at home!

I tried to sort out insurance today but the ones i tried online wanted to know the breed - is she just classed as a moggie?

I hope you aren't missing Chloe too much. I will forward on some pics as soon as I can get her to stay still long enough! She is truly stunning and absolutley adorable. I'm sure she will settle in soon - she has come on leaps and bounds in the past 24 hrs already. (As i write this she just jumped off sofa and is wandering around lounge exploring).

Thanks again and sorry for massive email - I'll send some pics soon!

Hazel x
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Photo-0006-2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income