Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Comments

• stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Had a good WI tonight, 2.5lb off for me and 4.5lb off for son. That gives him his 2.5stone award and slimmer of the week. He needs 3lb off next week for his 3 stone award:T

Have relaxed a little with meal planning this week and instead of drawing up a plan for the week have been taking it a day at a time and not obsessing with it and it seems to have worked this week as the loss on my home scales matched what the group ones showed.

Well done to all the other fantastic losses and hugs to those who need them.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Great results for you both stef :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lost half a pound this week. So that's the 1.5 lbs I gained 2 weeks ago, all gone again.

I made a lovely salad yesterday which I found in a Caribbean cookery book and it would be fine for SW.

Papaya, mango, pineapple, chopped apple, chopped celery, chopped spring onions, tablespoon of lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste. It made a massive amount so we had it last night with chicken and jacket potatoes and then put rest in fridge and, if anything, it was even better today.:)

I found a SW recipe a few weeks ago for Luxury Fish Pie and that was delicious too. It was various sorts of fish and prawns in a quark-based sauce with dill and parsley and then a carrot and potato topping.
  • Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707
    Forumite
    Blodwen wrote: »
    Morning all,

Well done TL and SvS :)

Good luck for WI Mich

FE - I don't use my slow cooker anywhere near as much as I should but it is really useful, and you can get them quite cheap now. Don't think anything on my xmas list is weight loss related but OH and I are buying bikes in the New Year to start commuting to work (both got new jobs so can use the cycle to work scheme- MSEtastic! :) ) and he bought me a book about it for my birthday so might get something cycling related from him.

EE today:
    B: Porridge (B), maple syrup (2), milk (A), banana
    L: Special fried rice & veg, 2 clementines
    T: Special fried rice & veg (3)
    S: Advent calendar choc (2)

:)

A helmet would be good. I can't cycle without one now, it feels really weird. Enjoy your bikes!:j
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 7:28AM
    Bad day yesterday, went to Twickenham as the bf had a meeting down there and was pretty much off plan all day (inless someone can salvage it for me!)

B/L (together as i have it around 11.15 after we had got there): cup of tea, 2 sausages, bacon, baked beans, egg and 1 tomato with 2 slices of wholemeal toast from an 800g loaf
    T: few potato wedges, 2 slices of garlic bread and a small portion of macaroni cheese

Didn't drink enough at all either :/

Not going to be helped much by today:
    B: yog (0.5) and piece of fruit. Perhaps some cereal (HeB) if the milk isn't off (ended up not getting any the other day!)
    S: melon and grape pack over the day
    L: grilled turkey with savoury rice and some veggies or fruit afterwards
    T: going to a chip shop buffet so possibly syn loaded :/ actually it's not so bad, not such a fan of chips anymore so I will only have 5 or so, will have a battered sausage cos I have been wanting one for about 3 weeks! and then fish without the batter, grilled chicken with the skin removed and peas :) oh and pepsi max to drink :)

Milk for HeA

Might just have to minimise syns over the weekend and through mon-wed next week :/
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Hi all,

Well done to the losers- Mich, Stef and your son, and Pennylane- fab results! :j

Lush- it could be worse, and sometimes we have no choice over what is available. I would do what you said and just try and stay as syn free as possible for a few days.

Last day in current job today so expect to be force fed cake and made to say a few words at some point :o Actually might be nice to have a bit of cake, been craving sweet stuff all week, and if it's anything like my birthday I'll have to do the cutting so can give myself a tiny slice like I did then. Not going for a big loss this week but would like 1lb to get 4.5 stone award - have been on track and plan to continue but not super duper good. At folks for weekend anyway so will definitely be on it there.

Green today:
    B: Cheese omelette (A), pitta (B), milk (A)
    L: Mugshot, satsuma
    T: Pasta, roast veg, pesto (2), cheese (B)
    S: Cake (????)

Have a great weekend super slimmers! :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • fluff1987 wrote: »
    shellie - i have just aquired a slow cooker too lol but not too up to speed with it yet. tried a pot roast and for some reason it turned out kind of dry :huh:

ahhh my boss is amazing!! due to me staying lates over the last few months, and doing extra workloads he gave me a bonus!:j along with a sweet note! only here 8 months and already ive got more appreciation than i did in the 4 years in my last job all in!:D

AAAANNNNND!!!!!! im on my holibobs tomorrow!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D hopefully ill shift some more weight when im out there - i intend on walking EVERYWHERE and seeing absolutely everything! its amazing to think that the week i come back is the last week before christmas :eek: time has FLOWN in!!!

righteo i may skidaddle and go do some more work - have to prep a weeks worth of stuff for the girls covering me, so they have things to do and also so they know what they are doing :D

You lucky thing, that must be great to be aprieciated like that. Missing from alot of places - and taken for granted in others.
    Try putting more water/stock in your pot - should be ok. Not supposed to be dry.
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Just found out from office buddy (aka my mole in the 'surprise leaving cake' saga) that there definitely will be cake, and it is homemade by a colleague so no idea what kind it is but probably less synful than the triple chocolate gateau they got for someone else leaving last week! :D Wasn't particularly hungry at lunch so not having my mugshot and hanging on for cake in an hour, but have just been clearing out my desk and found untold delights lurking in there, so just having an Options mocha and a ryvita which I think may be past its best as it tastes like cardboard but it's difficult to tell with ryvita :rotfl:
    fluff1987 wrote: »
    ahhh my boss is amazing!! due to me staying lates over the last few months, and doing extra workloads he gave me a bonus!:j along with a sweet note! only here 8 months and already ive got more appreciation than i did in the 4 years in my last job all in!:D

Aww that's lovely, it is nice to be appreciated. Hoping for that for my new job- been here 4 years as well and a big reason for leaving is being taken for granted all the time. Have a fab hols :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    3lb yippee, I think I will keep to EE.

Today I had
    Breakfast Porridge and 2 clementines coffee=B and A

S HM Veg soup coffee apple

L spag hoops grilled toms and mushroom bacon 1 poached egg
    Rooibos tea clementine

S Yoghurt Mullerlight strawberry Coffee

D Fish no coating, sw chips and mushy peas
    coffee banana,
    S Bowl of veg soup coffee.:j
    I think I'm getting the hang of it.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Hope the cake was good Blodwen!

Great loss wizkid :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure