PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family Elona

((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))
  • alfsmum
    alfsmum Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have thought of you and your family often today Elona and wish you strength and peace in this most difficult time
  • mrsmortenharket
    mrsmortenharket Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Elona, I'm so sorry xxx
  • kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs elona I am so sorry to hear thst your hubby has passed. You have all of our deepest condolences, best wishes.

Thankfully his final moment's were spent with you all and with the dignity he most definitely deserves .
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    elona so sorry for your sad loss. Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time xx
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sending much love Elona xx
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Sending love, light, and strength to you Elona pet.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning fencers. Elona - hope the support you're getting on here helps to give you the strength you'll need in the next few days and weeks.

Today, I shall be counting my blessings. I've already walked the dogs in the glorious sunshine.

I hope you are all having the BH Monday you planned.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • S_Wales_Saver
    S_Wales_Saver Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs Elona. Such a sad time for you all.
    Dor
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2015 at 6:44PM
    Options
    Its been said even if you do little you shouldn't feel guilty if you've enjoyed it:pSo last night I did win at my little bingo get together but it was a shared win so I broke even, not in profit but that's OK. Had I won outright I would've been £15 in pocket. And I was able to use the buffet that was not eaten so had that for supper when I came home. And again included the special needs person who goes there. She enjoys herself especially in the second half when she gets up and has a dance to the turn(usually she is the only person who does)and she does the same steps but she's happy and she sings along to every song.

I'll never be in profit over the year though but you are out for a couple of hours. Today after buying my bingo cards for the really small social type get together where we have a bingo session and paying for a taxi home, I was £6 up. And we had a free fish, chips and mushy peas lunch before the bingo so that was nice.

I'll be fine if I have nothing else for the day. I need my wits about me because now I play my cards but also watch the card my special needs friend plays and the time spent in hospital has affected him. He was happy, he did have a win of £4(so little but it meant a lot to him) :)

Its his birthday tomorrow and his Mum is putting on a little spread at the music club and by chance its not an open mike night but a turn who are great entertainers and they can really play guitar.

I have been invited for a little afternoon tea and then I keep him company whilst she goes to the club ahead of us to set things up for a kind of birthday party/buffet. Whilst I keep him company for his safety as much as anything.

We'll then go down to the club a little later and join everyone. He needs someone to generally see he comes to no harm.

He has lost a fair bit of confidence and his independence sadly. And there's going to be a lot of physio over the next year or two.
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure