How do I install showbox to windows 7

I'm looking to install showbox to my compter but what's the best android emulator to use. I tried koplayer but I just get a black screen when it's installed and when I tried to uninstall it you cannot remove it.

Comments

• dipsomaniac
    dipsomaniac Posts: 6,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    i used to use user agent switcher with google chrome. i only uninstalled it a couple of days ago as i hadn't used it for years
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Install android on a virtual machine.

Always found Android on a PC to be rather clunky and buggy though.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    Android isn't really designed for desktop use, it can probably be done but its not really its intended purpose.

Many Android apps can and do break or not work at all on an emulator, its usually because they're trying to find things that you'll have on the phone but not necessarily on the desktop.
  • burtons
    burtons Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Android isn't really designed for desktop use, it can probably be done but its not really its intended purpose.

Many Android apps can and do break or not work at all on an emulator, its usually because they're trying to find things that you'll have on the phone but not necessarily on the desktop.
    Someone I work with told me they use the koplayer emulator and it works fine for them so I will have to see what version they are using.
  • forgotmyname
    I had something installed a while back but cannot think of the name.

I used to play android games on the PC with it. I will have a look through my VMs to see if its installed on one of those.

• harleq1962
    harleq1962 Posts: 241 Forumite
    i used http://www.bluestacks.com/ on my windows 7 laptop a few years ago, it worked fine for playing games on, never tried showbox on it, might be worth a try,
  • forgotmyname
    It may have been bluestacks, that logo looks familiar. Does it give a layout like a phone screen when running?

The program i used did. Its layout looked just like a phone screen. Pretty sure you could select device IDs also.

• mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Why dont you install kodi on laptop,then add any movie apps u want.
    will this meet your requirements.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm not familiar with Showbox, so most of this has gone way over my head.

But... I once tried Remix OS. It's an Android emulator you can install in a virtual machine on a PC. Is that what you're looking for?

It looks like it was discontinued several months ago, but... maybe worth a look.

http://www.jide.com/remixos
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remix_OS
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Bluestacks is a good android emulator..

Iv never tried showbox on it though , so i cant say wether or not that will work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure