IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Chases by debt recovery two years after purported offence

Comments

• MA61
    MA61 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Here's a bit of information about them.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203572962-AM-Parking-Services-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/AM_Parking_Services.html

Bit-part operator, never been near a parking-related courtroom in their lives. Just ignore the DRA letters - that's all the DRA can do is send letters. Only the PPC can issue court proceedings. Come back if you get real court papers, but highly unlikely I would say.

Many thanks for this, it is greatly appreciated.
  • MA61
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Hi, no, they will not come after you for that.
    It is odd that they have put the effort in to trace you for a parking ticket and my thought is have they accessed the DVLA twice ?

Do as everyone says, ignore them. If they do take you to court you will get a LBA or court papers, that is the time to take this seriously but not before.

Hi thanks - I was a bit perplexed by it too. They actually went on to lecture me about informing the DVLA otherwise I would get a £1000 fine (DVLA holds my current correct details).

As I have a lot on at the moment, because I now have to look after my mother and sort out her affairs in the UK and everything that still needs to be resolved abroad, this was the last thing I needed!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MA61 wrote: »
    Hi thanks - I was a bit perplexed by it too. They actually went on to lecture me about informing the DVLA otherwise I would get a £1000 fine (DVLA holds my current correct details).

As I have a lot on at the moment, because I now have to look after my mother and sort out her affairs in the UK and everything that still needs to be resolved abroad, this was the last thing I needed!

This is disgusting, they are not empowered to make such statements.

Please then let us know who this debt collector is as they need to be reported to the DVLA
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The ppc will have accessed the DVLA once, and used the debt recovery agents when they got no joy.
    They will have drawn a blank at your old address and probably the new householder returned your post "as not at this address".

They will have then traced you to your new address thinking you will now be a good target, and that's why they have tried to hammer it home with the DVLA threat which makes them in their eyes look more official, and threatening.

Don't fall for their bluster, ignore anything bar real court papers.
  • MA61
    This is disgusting, they are not empowered to make such statements.

Please then let us know who this debt collector is as they need to be reported to the DVLA

They 'strongly advise' in their letter - which I took from the tone as a lecture. I am not cowed by threats and am well accustomed to dealing with what I call 'corporate bullying' but I am at a low ebb at the moment, hence me saying I could do without this on top of everything else. It doesn't make me anxious, just another thing to have to expend time and energy dealing with!

The company is DRP
  • MA61
    fisherjim wrote: »
    The ppc will have accessed the DVLA once, and used the debt recovery agents when they got no joy.
    They will have drawn a blank at your old address and probably the new householder returned your post "as not at this address".

They will have then traced you to your new address thinking you will now be a good target, and that's why they have tried to hammer it home with the DVLA threat which makes them in their eyes look more official, and threatening.

Don't fall for their bluster, ignore anything bar real court papers.

Thanks - I am a bit perplexed as to how they traced me, and would be interested to know their methods. I am wondering if their methods were entirely compliant with the DPA (or at least those who provided the information to them)?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 August 2016 at 11:17AM
    MA61 wrote: »
    They 'strongly advise' in their letter - which I took from the tone as a lecture. I am not cowed by threats and am well accustomed to dealing with what I call 'corporate bullying' but I am at a low ebb at the moment, hence me saying I could do without this on top of everything else. It doesn't make me anxious, just another thing to have to expend time and energy dealing with!

The company is DRP

You can forget it and take it easy and get on with your life.

DRP are a somewhat desperate organisation because they know that everyone says to ignore them. It must have been said 1000 times on here and all the other forums.

All the guys above are very well versed and you should take comfort in knowing that what they say is fact.

I agree with you .... how did they trace you

All DRP can do is pass it back to the PPC, no door knocking, they cannot take you to court infact, they are simply wasting their time.
    You have now read about A.M.Parking so you can see what they are all about.

You will probably get more letters from DRP, who make such ridiculous threats it is laughable. DRP = IGNORE
  • MA61
    I want to say a big thank you to all the people who took the time to read my posts and post helpful replies. It really is very much appreciated at a very busy and difficult time.

THANKS!
  • MA61
    You can forget it and take it easy and get on with your life.

DRP are a somewhat desperate organisation because they know that everyone says to ignore them. It must have been said 1000 times on here and all the other forums.

All the guys above are very well versed and you should take comfort in knowing that what they say is fact.

I agree with you .... how did they trace you

All DRP can do is pass it back to the PPC, no door knocking, they cannot take you to court infact, they are simply wasting their time.
    You have now read about A.M.Parking so you can see what they are all about.

You will probably get more letters from DRP, who make such ridiculous threats it is laughable. DRP = IGNORE

Many thanks for the reassurance, it is appreciated.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    "I am a bit perplexed as to how they traced me"

It's not really that difficult for them when they are well known greedy scammers, they even offer tracing as a service:

http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/debt-collection/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport