Monument Credit Card

Comments

• Hi everyone, Im trying to help a friend find contact details for an old credit card she used to have called Monument, we think they are linked to Barclays. We have trawled all through the internet looking for them and oddly enough cant find anything. Can anyone help ?
  • dwarfer
    dwarfer Posts: 105 Forumite
    LHew wrote: »
    Does anyone know who I need to send my "Letter 1" at Monument so that I can claim my bank charges back?

goto the website and it should have a "contact us" link
    this is the website according to google http://www.monumentbank.com/ but it appears to be down at the minute
    :heart:Rest in Peace, Emily. Say hi to Robbo for me xxx
    WHY BUY PRODUCTS FROM COMPANYS THAT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ADVERTISING -
    IT'S YOUR MONEY THEY'RE WASTING!
    (PROOF OF OVERCARGING?)
    :T FINALLY DEBT FREE! :T
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039
    First Post
    Forumite
    I've got the claim form back for my fight with Monument.

'Notice that Acknowledgment of Service has been files'
    it has the box ticked for 'I intend to defend all of this claim'.. which I'm guessing they do to everyone!

never done this sort of thing before and I'm feeling rather cowardly custard. :eek:

I keep forgetting myclaim login details! dammit :p

I'm not sure I should try claiming from another credit card. It's for £300. but I have a large amount owing on this card and I'm not sure if they can ask for all of the money back which would be impossible! might have a nose around the forums to find out what others think.
    good luck all
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    well i have got a claim going through With MONUMENT and they have just put a defence in now i am worried ???
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    same as you Shoe... but I think they do this to everyone... standard procedure.

I heard that they pay up in the last five to seven days of the court 'appearance' which is what I'm waiting for... started court proceedins on the 13 April so have a week to go... ooow er???? Might take longer as they have a back log?

me scared too... where's my duvet??? I wanna hide underneath it.
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • shoe_2
    or its so scary good luck keep me informed we shall win !!!i hope fingers crossed...and toes...
  • shoe_2
    well things are now moving i hope ! Monument have filed a defence and it as been transfred to my local court ! No date as yet i am going to contact the court after the bank holiday weekend !!
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    my claim 28 days is up in on the 19th May... Am I suppose to receive any forms I've got an acknowledgement - court in Nottingham and they entered into defence... do I just wait now?
  • shoe_2
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    my claim 28 days is up in on the 19th May... Am I suppose to receive any forms I've got an acknowledgement - court in Nottingham and they entered into defence... do I just wait now?

YES just wait and the court will forward all the relevant info !!!
    good luck...i will keep my claim up to date on this site.xx:confused::confused:
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi

My money claim online for Monument's Card Card has 'acknowledged 19/04/07' written next to it, which means that there are three days left of the 28 days allowed for Monument to defend themselves... I've not heard anything.

I've heard on other threads that people have been refunded in the last couple of days of the claim? Has this happened to anyone?

I'm rather nervous now as I have no idea what to expect. :o

I've received a statement a week and a half ago and the total was the same as before - I wasn't expecting to see any difference as it was too early... I suppose I could ring them.. .but I'm a big yella chicken! :rotfl:

I really hope this will be all over soon... I will only owe them about £200 and will try to pay this off very soon... if I don't spend any money on myself next month I could pay most of it off... I just want to get rid of this card after three years of torture! 22 letters ignored - ring them up and they put the phone down when I ask a simple question! all because I went over the limit once and paid the charge and extra two days later - not sure how that equalled £500 in charges though! :mad:

I've got a nationwide claim that has been acknowledged on the 11/05/07 so early days for that one.

good luck all :beer:

I would appreciate if anyone who is at a further stage than me to let me know how it went

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure