PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi, All

sorry, have been mia - too many stressful and unpleasant things going on in rl. My dad has been rushed into hospital 3 times with heart problems (is feeling reasonable now), my beloved elderly cat has a dislocated lens in his right eye caused by glaucoma and has also been diagnosed with hyperthyroid which nearly killed him 2 years ago, so I'm very sad and desperately looking for a miracle, and if I thought work was stressful last year, well, it's a million times worse now, and it looks like we may be losing more staff (I can't honestly decide whether it will be worse to lose my job/income or be one of the poor bu66ers staying).

So, I'm afraid losing weight and weighing in has been well off my radar.

I'm going to withdraw from this challenge, and will just try to eat sensibly, but not put any more pressure on myself.

I wish you all good luck with your challenges.

Take care

LB xx
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    LavenderBees - so sorry things are tough for you atm. Sending you (((hugs))) and positivity
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Sorry to hear your news Harrybear and sorry that things are tough for you Lavender Bees.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry Harrybear - hadn't read your post :o Love to you and yours at this time x

Food today:
    B - A!di fruit porridge (the jury is out on that one!), ss milk, tea
    L - 2 x hm lemon and raspberry buns - new recipe - they are teenyweeny and a bit 'tart' tbh. 115kcal each so I had two (as they are so small). Have frozen the other 10 for snacks during the week.
    D - beef rib casserole, mash, root veg, savoy cabbage
    S - penguin, apple

sparrer - thanks for the nana info. Will try this with the mahoosive nanas I got from A!di this week ;)

Have a good day everyone
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Harrybear. so sorry to hear your sad news. Lavender bees big hugs to you. I hope things improve for you soon
  • Sorry for the late post. Feel a bit ill and lethargic. 2lb loss for me! Very happy. Hope I can keep it off!
    14 projects in 2014: 3/14
  • Oops, very sorry I forgot to post on Friday :o:o:o. I weigh on a Monday so have to remember to post the result on the Friday. Last week was -1 lb.

I have done well at changing my diet over the last couple of weeks, replacing the junk with lots of fruit and veg. But I don't think I've lost any weight this week. Next I need to work on reducing portion size :o. And I might have a go at the 30-Day Shred when the motivation is acute enough. I think my jeans are getting so tight, the motivation is almost there.

Over the next 8 weeks, I would like to lose 6 lb.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Oops, very sorry I forgot to post on Friday :o:o:o. I weigh on a Monday so have to remember to post the result on the Friday. Last week was -1 lb.

I have done well at changing my diet over the last couple of weeks, replacing the junk with lots of fruit and veg. But I don't think I've lost any weight this week. Next I need to work on reducing portion size :o. And I might have a go at the 30-Day Shred when the motivation is acute enough. I think my jeans are getting so tight, the motivation is almost there.

Over the next 8 weeks, I would like to lose 6 lb.

Got that frankerooney :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • :) Thank you for your support, you're all so kind.
    Seems like a few of us are having a bit of a particularly difficult time, thinking of you all xxx
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hugs Lavenderbees and Harrybear. Losing weight is just not important atm but looking after yourselves very definitely is xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure