BA flight change, where do I stand?

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    baza52 wrote: »
    Have to say that I managed to get invited to Virgins upper class lounge at Gatwick 3 times when going to Vegas.

It cant hurt to lay it on thick and there's nothing to lose by asking.

So when the poster said "is there any evidence of this ever happening?" And you liked that post, you had actually managed to do it yourself so technically was the evidence!

That's a strange way to behave on a forum ;)
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,833
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I think there is a big difference between getting lounge access from Virgin vs lounge access from BA, particularly BA at Heathrow.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,833
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    Will we be allowed to leave the airport?

Yes, though that will heavily eat into your 6 hours. If you do leave the airport you will have to go through passport control in both directions and security on your way back in.

No problem with doing it, smokers often do.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    silvercar wrote: »
    I think there is a big difference between getting lounge access from Virgin vs lounge access from BA, particularly BA at Heathrow.

why? It was the Upper Class lounge not the V room.
  • baza52
    Forumite
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    So when the poster said "is there any evidence of this ever happening?" And you liked that post, you had actually managed to do it yourself so technically was the evidence!

That's a strange way to behave on a forum ;)

I have never managed it with BA though.
    Technically this was NOT evidence was it?
  • JReacher1
    Forumite
    silvercar wrote: »

You're right it's best to not try and instead just sit there resentfully for six hours moaning about how you've been treated :)
  • JReacher1
    Forumite
    baza52 wrote: »
    I have never managed it with BA though.
    Technically this was NOT evidence was it?

I think you're just trolling:D

You liked the post that said in the last ten years it was impossible to get upgraded.

You then stated you had previously managed to get upgraded.

Seems you're deliberately trying to start an Internet argument :)

I won't fall for this trap ;)
  • basil92
    basil92 Posts: 12,510
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Virgin/BA lounge access aside..the OP doesn't want to spend 6 hours (of her honeymoon) at Heathrow.

Can't say I blame her, but arguing over Lounge access isn't helping her much...

Just saying...

No I have no answers to her dilemma, I wish i did...

Good luck sorting things OP and all the best for your forthcoming wedding and honeymoon :)
    If you want somebody you can trust...trust yourself :cool:

Chopper98 wrote: »
    Basil - Lovely, a sensitive soul with legs designed for the catwalk
  • baza52
    Forumite
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I think you're just trolling:D

You liked the post that said in the last ten years it was impossible to get upgraded.

You then stated you had previously managed to get upgraded.

Seems you're deliberately trying to start an Internet argument :)

I won't fall for this trap ;)

Like I said, I managed my clubhouse entry with Virgin Atlantic at Gatwick.
    I have NOT been given lounge access with British Airways at any point at any airport.

No trap. If you think I am a troll just block me.
  • JReacher1
    Forumite
    basil92 wrote: »
    Virgin/BA lounge access aside..the OP doesn't want to spend 6 hours (of her honeymoon) at Heathrow.

Can't say I blame her, but arguing over Lounge access isn't helping her much...

Just saying...

No I have no answers to her dilemma, I wish i did...

Good luck sorting things OP and all the best for your forthcoming wedding and honeymoon :)

This isn't actually true though. The OP doesn't want to spend six hours at Heathrow but she has not yet stated whether she would be happy spending six hours at Heathrow in the first class lounge.

Six hours in a more luxurious surroundings might be palatable to her. You shouldn't assume she wouldn't like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure