BA flight change, where do I stand?

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,342
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    silvercar wrote: »
    There are minumum connection times for every airport/ terminal combination based on domestic/ international flying. If a flight time changes and causes the connection time to drop below the MCT, the flight gets flagged up and the itinery needs to be changed. At some small airports the MCT can be as low as 20 minutes, so a connection that was dropping from 90 minutes to 85 wouldn't cause an issue.

I have just booked a flight with a 50 minute connection at Minneapolis, I do expect the airline to change it though
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,525
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    I've contacted BA and asked them to change us onto a 12:15 flight from LHR to LAS that was showing on sky scanner but we were told that flight doesn't exist.

I also cannot see that flight.
    There is a BA flight showing at 12:20 (BA1596) that is actually and American Airlines flight to Charlotte that would then connect you to a flight to LAS but that would get you there over 2 hours later than the direct flight
    I would call again and ask for the GLA-LHR flight to be later...I have always found them good in schedule changes
    Has a refund been offered? this is usually the case with changes over 2 hours....could you then take refund and rebook flights that suit better?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    I also cannot see that flight.
    There is a BA flight showing at 12:20 (BA1596) that is actually and American Airlines flight to Charlotte that would then connect you to a flight to LAS but that would get you there over 2 hours later than the direct flight
    I would call again and ask for the GLA-LHR flight to be later...I have always found them good in schedule changes
    Has a refund been offered? this is usually the case with changes over 2 hours....could you then take refund and rebook flights that suit better?

No I've not been offered a refund and when I asked if I could cancel and rebook or move the date she said that's not an option without losing a large percentage of the money I paid.

Twitter team were hopeless, they just told me it was an operational issue and 6 hours in Heathrow is a long time, well duh it's quarter of the day!

I'll call them tomorrow on my lunch break and ask them again about changing the Glasgow flight.
  • GlasweJen
    Forumite
    photome wrote: »
    I have never heard of an illegal connection, does that only apply in the UK?

I have had many connection times less than 90 minutes but have never connected in the UK

I've had a 50 minute connection at Gatwick
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    book a local Travelodge or similar to Heathrow and practise being on honeymoon while you wait.
  • GlasweJen
    Forumite
    baza52 wrote: »
    book a local Travelodge or similar to Heathrow and practise being on honeymoon while you wait.

Will we be allowed to leave the airport?
  • baza52
    Forumite
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    Will we be allowed to leave the airport?

cant see why not. Don't take my word for it though.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    You could tell them you are the Queen of Sheba as it won't make any difference and you would be wasting your time even considering such a 'request'.

There is also a Galleries First in T3.

I'm pretty certain if you are the Queen of Sheba they would let you go to the first class lounge...

If the OP kicks up a fuss over the flight change this is the easiest way of resolving the dispute and it will cost BA nothing.

You people are just too negative and won't try for a freebee. It's why you guys all end up with nothing ;)
  • baza52
    Forumite
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain if you are the Queen of Sheba they would let you go to the first class lounge...

If the OP kicks up a fuss over the flight change this is the easiest way of resolving the dispute and it will cost BA nothing.

You people are just too negative and won't try for a freebee. It's why you guys all end up with nothing ;)

Have to say that I managed to get invited to Virgins upper class lounge at Gatwick 3 times when going to Vegas.

It cant hurt to lay it on thick and there's nothing to lose by asking.
  • baza52
    Forumite
    Email the CEO ;)

British Airways

Mr Alex Cruz
    CEO
    !
    !
    Email
    [email protected]