Recycle Your Mobile And Make Some Serious Dosh Discussion Area

Comments

• ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ltlmiles5 wrote:
    Has anyone tried mobile phone buyer? I e-mailed them and got a quote of £17 for my Sagem my-x2. Basic phone.

Envirophone only offered around £6-7.

I'm hoping to send my phone off to MPBuyer in the next few days.
    Could be that MPB have quoted you for the MY X2-2 rather than the MY X2.

Envirofone quote £17 - £20 for the MY X2-2 which would tie-in with the value that MPB have given you for your MY X2.

If that's the case, you can either keep your fingers crossed and hope that MPB honour the price they have quoted, or if you want to avoid any potential hassle, you might want to contact MPB and ask them to double-check the model number / value they have given you. :beer:
  • ltlmiles5
    ltlmiles5 Posts: 193 Forumite
    No worries... we're not all with it , all the time. :p

Hmmm.. didn't realise there was a myx2-2. Martin did say that mobile phone buyer does offer better rates, so I might just try it and see. I've already got my ref. no, so fingers crossed....

Will let all of you know how it worked out.
  • PeteJH
    PeteJH Posts: 2 Newbie
    For anyone who would like to give money to Charity.

Barclays are supporting a mobile phone recycling scheme. Using the freepost envelopes found in branches you can post your phone to be recycled. In return, the Woodland Trust receives a donation of up to £10 for each recyclable phone returned.
    :j
  • jobytc
    jobytc Posts: 93 Forumite
    Anyone used Cex? They pay £44 for a Nokia 6600
  • shazzer22
    shazzer22 Posts: 502 Forumite
    hi, i've used envirfone twice now and they are very good, quick easy to use site and they send the cheques quickly too! i've just had a quote from mobilephonebuyer, has anyone used them yet, the price is really good that they have offered me but i've not heard any feedback on them yet?
  • jem71
    jem71 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi, I sent two phones off to envirofone and they have credited my Argos debit card with £30 (I was amazed that they wanted those dinosaurs!!). I made a mistake with the phone model number and undervalued one I sent, but they amended it without me informing them and they added £10!!!) Thanx Martin. My son is overjoyed that he gets to choose a toy with the funds. Keep up the good work, you are needed and appreciated.
    :A if I had wings I would not need to buy so many shoes...
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I just got an email from Envirofone confirming that £86.20 has been credited to my e-card (Argos spending, always useful). I sent in three phones, and the turnaround was prompt and easy.

Got to recommend this one over Ebay to be honest, because although you might get a higher value on auction sites, that does depend on whether or not people bid.... no guarantees there, plus you have to mess around with postage etc. Envirofone do everything for you!

Cheers for the tip Martin - I've saved/earned a small fortune through your advice so far! :)
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • HugoSP
    HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    I've e mailed queries to the three that Martin suggested in his article.

The answers centered around the fact that some of my phones are not A1 condition, and asked how I should approach this issue. Mobilephonebuyer (the one that does not give instant quotes) were also asked to give me prices on my phones.

Mopay responded within 24 hours.
    Envirophone took a little longer. about 4 working days.
    I'm still waiting for Mobilephonebuyer to get back to me.

The phones I have - will have are

Motorola C975 on 3 x2 1VGC and 1 heavy cosmetic. not damaged as such but silver coating has rubbed off on corners
    Motorola A835 on 3 x2 1VGC, other as heavy cosmetic damage as above.
    Motorola v50 locked to T Mobile- VGC - not sure about battery though. It will charge up but may not hold its charge for too long.
    Nokia 3310 - at least one non working
    nokia 3330 - 2 off
    nokia 3410 - cracked screen, non working
    Philips savvy clone (free with Barclaycard a few years ago).

I may not get much for the non working nokias. I was thinking of selling those ones on e bay as a job lot to someone who may be able to fix them.

It's interesting that envirophone will give me more for the flash motorola a835s and c975s, but really don't want to go out on a limb on the nokias. whereas Mopay will give moe more on the nokias and v50 and less on the A835s and C975s.

Mobilephonbuyer seem too busy to get back to me - oh well.

H
    Behind every great man is a good woman
    Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
    £2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
  • megget
    megget Posts: 5 Forumite
    If you use https://www.cashforyourmobile.com to link to envirofone a donation goes to Edinburgh City Mission and you still get the same value for your mobile.
  • fit21red
    fit21red Posts: 17 Forumite
    Hi

That was very handy to know as I was thinking of advertising my phone on e-bay, as I know I will get a lot more for my money.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport