NPB opened and buyer blocked from leaving feedback

soolin
soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
On my private account I have set up the automatic system to open NPB cases and my first using the system opened last night. Interestingly the feedback 'from buyer' symbol has been greyed out and if I hover over the symbol it says 'resolution process has blocked buyer from leaving feedback'.

Has anyone else noticed this and if so are you on the automatic system as previously I certainly didn't have it on the last one I opened manually.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Having read that three times, I think it's a typo and you mean NPB?

If it is blocking automatically then that's a good sign.
  • soolin
    Having read that three times, I think it's a typo and you mean NPB?

If it is blocking automatically then that's a good sign.

You are correct, I'm a numpty- I meant 'NPB' and have corrected my post.

I think I was just so taken back that ebay might just have done something useful for a seller for a change that I got carried away!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Interestingly I have just manually opened an NPB case and on this occasion the buyer feedback is not greyed out, so it looks like it only prevents feedback automatically on opening if you use the automated system. I do have another automatic one die to open later and will see if that blocks the buyer from leaving feedback as well- if so I will switch all my accounts over to the automated system.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    This system has been in place for at least 3 years, possibly longer. You might be able to find the Ebay announcement still, but its going back yonks.
  • soolin
    bxboards wrote: »
    This system has been in place for at least 3 years, possibly longer. You might be able to find the Ebay announcement still, but its going back yonks.

I missed that one, I have always opened my NPBs manually so never realised that there was a benefit of setting up the system to do it automatically. Obviously I knew that if they don't pay and I close the case they can't leave feedback, but this restriction on just opening a case is brilliant.
  • theonlywayisup
    Well there's a new one.

I too only knew about the feedback restriction/removal when the case was closed, not when it was opened by the assistant.
  • bxboards
    soolin wrote: »
    I missed that one, I have always opened my NPBs manually so never realised that there was a benefit of setting up the system to do it automatically. Obviously I knew that if they don't pay and I close the case they can't leave feedback, but this restriction on just opening a case is brilliant.

Apparently in been like this for 7 years! I knew it was yonks ago, but not that long!

https://tamebay.com/2010/04/ebay-uk-rolls-out-automatic-unpaid-item-disputes.html
  • soolin
    Oh that's a shame, the article says if they do pay then they can leave feedback after all, so it's no different to the normal system really. I w as hoping they couldn't leave feedback at all .
  • theonlywayisup
    soolin wrote: »
    Oh that's a shame, the article says if they do pay then they can leave feedback after all, so it's no different to the normal system really. I w as hoping they couldn't leave feedback at all .

Mmm. Yes, not quite as I understood the change to be.

Not a change then.
  • bxboards
    I think I have mentioned this before, but if you don't want a NPB to pay, invoice the postage at 9999.99 or something - they won't pay that..can't leave feedback.

My policy has always been that late payers forfeit the item. I do a lot of 'Best Offer' and my T&Cs state the accepted best offer price is valid only for 24 hours, and then onto a NPB after 48 hours.

Might sound harsh but with 4 figure items, can't have stock held in limbo, and wait around for tyre kickers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure