travelcenteruk.co.uk - reliable?

Comments

• All these fake reviews should be enough to put anyone off booking with them. Most of them don't even seem to have a grasp of the English language.
    travelover
  • I understand all of the complaints being logged here having booked many flights with different flight operators, and always looking for a good deal ... but I have to say about my experience, last minute traveller to Casablanca I knew the flights I wanted and I got them through Travel Centre with an e-ticket in a couple of hours with a saving - after reading this forum I have now checked with the airline and everything is okay

Choose your operator wisely as unless you check the detail there are many operators out there that operate in the same way including the airlines

My experience was a good one and I think that those who post good experiences are as valid as those that have had problems - I don't work for the company I am a bid consultant for a homeless charity!
  • I take my time to give my honest review about this company. Travelcenter UK is part of a company called Moresand Ltd. Did some very very deep research and found out that their customer reps are trained to "Rip the Passenger off Properly" . You basically can ruin your entire holiday or honeymoon booking with this company. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR BOOKING ONCE THEY TAKE THE PAYMENT. These guys give a really bad name to Travel Agents all over the world. I would say book with the Big Guys like Thomas Cook, Trailfinders, Abercrombie if you don't want a headache on your holiday. I don't classify Travelcenter UK as a "Travel Agent". So avoid if possible. Cheers to all the marketing people at Travelcenter UK for posting 5 star reviews here.
  • After reading the good reviews in Trust Pilot we rang them to inquire for flights to the Philippines for a family of 5,, everything was smooth. The flights were a bit too much for us to pay in one go, so they offered us a term which is suitable for us. They sent us details of the flight and they said we can pay £500 now and the balance payable sometime in June, so we have more than 2 months to get our finances sorted. So we agreed to it and they sent us email of the agreement. And then the problem started. After a few minutes they rang back saying we have to pay an initial payment of £750 not £500. My wife paid an additional amount to reach what they were asking for. After a couple of days they rang us again saying the flights are no longer available. They said they were trying to contact us to reconfirm flights but i missed their call. There was no agreement that I have to re-confirm. I thought that everything is settled but it wasn't. So they moved our flight to a different date and airlines. We have to re-arrange our plans regarding our annual leave, transport arrangements here at the local airport and at the destination airport, parking, childcare etc. We were requested to ring the next day which is today to re confirm which I dont understand why. But I rang them anyway. Now they are asking an additional £1,600. Again them changing what we agreed upon. Me and my wife explained to them our side of the argument, that we had an agreement , they recieved our first payment but they keep ammending things. Due to these events, me and my wife were compelled to approach our family friend who is a solicitor and we were asked to meet tomorrow with the copy of all emails sent and our mobile phone logs of incoming and outgoing calls from them. My wife was also advised to contact her bank as she is a premium account holder and is entitled to a free legal assisstance. I dont know if I can update this review to let you guys know how things will progress, but at the moment this un-professional company has caused us stress and I only gave 1 star because they dont have a zero. So wish me luck. All we want is a smooth sailing transaction but this company does not give you that.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Why not book direct with the airline instead of these shonky 3rd party companies who don't even have live prices?
  • jvk032
    jvk032 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I found this thread before deciding to try and make a booking with these clowns. My experience was entirely similar to the other negative experiences that people have had: they take your credit card details, pretend that the booking went through, and call you a couple minutes later to say that "the seats are no longer available". From there on you get badgered by very aggressive sales reps who will try to sell you a flight for much more than they originally quoted you for. They will lie and tell you that you can't get the same deal anywhere else --- but if you have the airline website open you will see clearly that they are just ripping you off.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi jvk032 thanks for your post and welcome to MSE.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • I had the same experience, 1 minute after I purchase I received a call saying the airline run out of availability for that price so I have to pay another price, I told them that im not paying any penny extra.

I hope they dont take any money from my credit card...

I repeat dont be fool as I was.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    alephilips wrote: »
    I had the same experience, 1 minute after I purchase I received a call saying the airline run out of availability for that price so I have to pay another price, I told them that im not paying any penny extra.

I hope they dont take any money from my credit card...

I repeat dont be fool as I was.

What did they say when you told them you wouldn't pay any more?

If the situation hasn't been resolved yet, how do you think it will end?
    Do you think you'll get the flights at the price originally advertised?
    Or do you think they'll refund the full amount you've paid?
    Or do you think they'll take the extra from your credit card?
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    What did they say when you told them you wouldn't pay any more?

If the situation hasn't been resolved yet, how do you think it will end?
    Do you think you'll get the flights at the price originally advertised?
    Or do you think they'll refund the full amount you've paid?
    Or do you think they'll take the extra from your credit card?

They say they understand my point but it wasnt there fault and bla bla bla.
    At the end they havent taken any money from my credit card, so at least they are good on that. But still dont trust them at all. Anyway if i do get something I will decline that purchase straight away.
    Im wondering if anyone has had a good experience with this agency...it will really help, i was checking the prices and yesterday they called me and told me they managed to get the flight i was planning to book for 40 pounds more than what i was planning to pay. So is not bad, but im afraid to confirm that and then having a problem with them

If anyone has had a good experience and is not a fake person or bot, please come back to me it will be much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure