IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ticket

Options

Comments

• Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it definitely your car? Could it be a similar one with cloned plates?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    You don't say if the images are actually time stamped (they should be) , so can you confirm that. Also if they are not were you at this car park on any day at those times ? They could likely argue human error if it was say on the 16/12/12 for example.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would think you all have a good case to sue them for harassment.
    Play them at their own game, charge notice them £75 to answer each and every letter they send.
    Be happy...;)
  • Sazz_2
    Sazz_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure if mine is the same as everyone elses. Again, it's Edward Street in Leeds. They have me going on the car park on 18/11/12 at 11.45 and have me leaving at 12.50 (1 hour 5 mins). I purchased my ticket at 11.46 and, having dug to the bottom of my wheelie bin - YUK! managed to find my ticket. They have only said that they do not have "evidence that a sufficient parking payment was made for this vehicle to cover the full duration of the visit". I do know I had to wait a a minute or two when I got to the car for someone to move their vehicle out of the way (they were waiting for a space). It's £95 but £75 if paid before tomorrow (3/1/13). As they only sent this on 20/12/12 (a month after I parked) and with it being Christmas, I only got this a few days ago and their offices were closed! Basically, what I'm asking is can they really charge me £95 for just 5 minutes extra on the car park (not necessarily parked up!). To be honest I really did think at the time I was within the time because my watch said 12.45pm approx when I got back - It's such a small amount of time! Does anyone know if there's any other cameras there other than the APN which has captured my reg?
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    Sazz wrote: »
    Basically, what I'm asking is can they really charge me £95 for just 5 minutes extra on the car park (not necessarily parked up!).

No, is the simple answer. Don't pay them.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Sazz_2
    Options
    Even though I've already admitted to them on an email I only paid for an hour but was in fact on the car park 5 mins longer? I replied in panic before searching the internet about this. I rang Leeds Council and the Parking Team advised I paid Highview as they are a legitimate Company and the fines will go up and they can take legal action - is this just all talk then?
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even though I've already admitted to them on an email I only paid for an hour but was in fact on the car park 5 mins longer? I replied in panic before searching the internet about this. I rang Leeds Council and the Parking Team advised I paid Highview as they are a legitimate Company and the fines will go up and they can take legal action - is this just all talk then?

You rang the biggest bunch of Parking scammers to ask them about another bunch of parking scammers.
    Be happy...;)
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    It is indeed all talk.

Legally, you owe the landowner (not the parking company) the cost of five minutes parking.

If the landowner writes and asks for a couple of quid then probably best to pay it. However if some third party agent wants £60 or whatever then legally you owe them nothing.

Anyone can take legal action, including the parking company. In my opinion they wouldn't win their case, and what's more, they know it which is why they won't bother in the first place.

Your case is no different to any other thread on here.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options

If Leeds Council really gave that advice then you should make a complaint. It is completely and utterly wrong advice.

You have a private parking "ticket" which is totally unenforceable. Ignore any letters you get and they will go away.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Sazz_2
    Options
    I did think about just paying what I owe (as it was £3.60 for an hour the 5 mins is 30p!!). Although from looking on here I can see the advice is not to pay anything to Highview themselves or I enter into a contract with them basically? Absolute robbing b*****ds!!! What annoys me most is how do they know how long it took me to actually find a space/leave the car park! I think I'm going to take the advice on here and hope for the best - although it will give me some sleepless nights if bailiffs letters etc start coming through!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure